Eli Stinks

Smashmouth

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Putting a big-armed but often inaccurate QB in a 3-5 step quick read WCO is a waste of time. Ask Vinny Testaverde. The OL is from hunger.

Eli is two things: mistake prone (always) and clutch (used to be). He won those championships because his defense kept him close enough to have that shot late. I think he has lost a lot of that. But he used to have it. Still, circumstances have to be just right for him to win those two. And he did. He is still a sloppy, essentially mediocre QB. Hey, Flacco had a moment, and I think he blows.

Again I hate to throw water on the party but let's keep this thing in reality... Eli or Geno... Tough choice there

Not fair. Geno just played in his 16th NFL game, Eli his155th. Eli should be better, shouldn't be a tough choice. Geno is still learning, eli is a finished product.

For all the grief Geno got, all the chuckles on ESPN etc for throwing 21 picks and being labeled a turnover machine eli threw 27 picks, 6 more. With better WRs. As a rookie you would expect Geno to turn it over, it's what rookies do. Eli shouldn't at this point.

I would take Geno, at least there is hope he continues to improve. Eli is what he is.

Again I hate to throw water on the party but let's keep this thing in reality... Eli or Geno... Tough choice there

I pick Geno 10 times out of 10. Geno over the last 5 or 6 games has looked better than Elli. Geno is younger and getting better while Elli is getting worse. Sure Elli has 2 Rings and you can't take that away, but he was never a great QB. He was always inconsistent and simply got hot twice at the right time (the first SB ring was mainly on the defense- like Trent Dilfer). 

Eli is two things: mistake prone (always) and clutch (used to be). He won those championships because his defense kept him close enough to have that shot late. I think he has lost a lot of that. But he used to have it. Still, circumstances have to be just right for him to win those two. And he did. He is still a sloppy, essentially mediocre QB. Hey, Flacco had a moment, and I think he blows.

Flacco is a great comparison. Flacco may win another SB if things align right, that won't make him a great QB. 

He did win 2 super bowls you can't forget about that even though they might have been lucky with tyrees helmet catch and manninghams sideline catch. I wish a Jet QB could win 2 super bowls. Eli isn't bad its his offensive line that's terrible and crumbles. So Eli has an Offensive line that cant block objects even if they were standing still. Its not Eli its those idiot offensive lineman. Thankfully the Jet offensive line is fortified enough to block for Geno thanks to #60 & #74 being the main contributors of our O-line being good.

Archived