A great read on how a " marginal 2nd receiver gets open"

ComfortablyNumb

The discussion quickly turns into semantics. I guess the real bottom line is who gives a **** as long as he stays healthy and productive. 

The question itself causes the semantics, but you're right, as long as he stays healthy. But....since you already brought it up.  :winking0001:

I do find it funny though that when Decker wasn't resigned and he was officially a free agent the talking heads were talking about his production and how he's most likely going to garner around 9 million per year "based on his production". The Jets sign this guy for a bit over 7 million and for the first week its all kudos with the Jets and their negotiation of that contract, then all of a sudden Decker's ability to be a #1 WR is questioned??? lol. My problem is this, if these talking heads (which is where many people even got this idea) didnt think that he was a true #1 then how did they consider him being able to garner about 9 million a year? What "#2 WR" in the league do you know makes 9 million a year? 

Eric Decker is being questioned because he wears a New York Jets uniform, plain and simple. Its not semantics, its story creation. 

Yep, and that's a good thing.  The difference between Geno with Kerley and Geno without Kerley was vast last year.  Having him as the 2nd option is huge.  Definitely not on knock on Kerley to say Decker is the WR1; they compliment each other nicely.

If only Stephen Hill wasn't a megabust.  With a viable speed guy at the WR2 spot along with Amaro and CJ, we'd be a dynamic offense, an idea that was laughable for the past 3 years.

UGH... Stephen Hill.....  We will be fine without him

UGH... Stephen Hill.....  We will be fine without him

I know, I just wonder what this offense would look like with a legit burner at the WR2 spot.  It's the one missing piece to the skill positions, especially when you factor in that Geno, statistically, was pretty good at throwing the deep ball during his rookie year.

I know, I just wonder what this offense would look like with a legit burner at the WR2 spot.  It's the one missing piece to the skill positions, especially when you factor in that Geno, statistically, was pretty good at throwing the deep ball during his rookie year.

I agree that a deep threat has been a missing piece from this offense for quite some time.   

i agree. Although if I remember correctly Kerley had a pretty good game himself on Sunday.

Yup. Kerley's the guy New England would force Brady to use as his main option and he'd have a thousand yard season. He and Decker are going to be good for us, we've seen it already.

Archived