Dee Milliner practices for first time in 4 weeks

Jetlife33

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• 04Tdw8uq_normal.jpeg DWAZ73 Dennis Waszak Jr.

Milliner was limited again, as were Bush and Colon. Edds didn't practice. Enemkpali was a full participant. #Jets

Even if DM is used in a limited role it will help.

I don't trust a healthy milliner, last two games be damned. My stomaches in knots just thinking about him out there. It's worse knowing they HAVE to at start him eventually cause hos draft position. I liked what we did on Sunday so I'm comfortable just going with that. I hope I'm sooooo wrong about him, but he was torched way too often last year. He sucked plain and simple. That one play ....ONE!!....where he baited the QB and showed acceleration is akin to Joe Golf Hacker hitting one drive 280 yds straight on his way to a 124. That one drive means you're teeing off again next weekend...but you know you still suck.

I'm a jets fan ...I trust no one.

I don't trust a healthy milliner, last two games be damned. My stomaches in knots just thinking about him out there. It's worse knowing they HAVE to at start him eventually cause hos draft position. I liked what we did on Sunday so I'm comfortable just going with that. I hope I'm sooooo wrong about him, but he was torched way too often last year. He sucked plain and simple. That one play ....ONE!!....where he baited the QB and showed acceleration is akin to Joe Golf Hacker hitting one drive 280 yds straight on his way to a 124. That one drive means you're teeing off again next weekend...but you know you still suck.

He played well enough down the stretch to be named defensive rookie of the month for December. He must've been doing something right. He played at that level covering the other teams' #1 WR, too. Now if he is getting on the field this week, I'm glad they're bringing him in slowly rather than throwing him right into the starting lineup. But I'm looking forward to him getting back on the field full time. 

You don't trust Milliner, but you trust Allen, Walls and Wilson?  Even if Milliner sucked, it wouldn't be his draft position that got him on the field.  In the first preseason game he looked pretty good to me. 

You don't trust Milliner, but you trust Allen, Walls and Wilson? Even if Milliner sucked, it wouldn't be his draft position that got him on the field. In the first preseason game he looked pretty good to me.

Like I said...I hope I'm wrong. I'm just gonna be soo stressed seeing him out there. Kinda like October-baseball-every-pitch-counts stressed.

HERE'S SOME OPTIMISM...

I am very very happy with D after week 1. If they play well again... And milliner plays well...I'm gonna get irrationally delirious. It's the roller coaster of life as a jets fan.

Even keeled my ass...lets ride the waves!!!!

Or maybe they are signing Berry

I was thinking about just that. Berry was ahead of McFadden on the depth chart and we were high on him for 2 seasons in a row. Makes sense.

But to do it in the later part of the week means they don't think they need another CB to be active for gameday. Berry even if he is signed wont do much on the next gameday. So they are confident in Milliner's ability to return and contribute in one way or the other.

I was thinking about just that. Berry was ahead of McFadden on the depth chart and we were high on him for 2 seasons in a row. Makes sense.

But to do it in the later part of the week means they don't think they need another CB to be active for gameday. Berry even if he is signed wont do much on the next gameday. So they are confident in Milliner's ability to return and contribute in one way or the other.

Well... think of it this way:  Berry was in the system for 2 years.  If he is signed on a Thursday it is unlikely he will be ready to play on a Sunday, but... will Leon McFadden, in the system for 2 weeks and below Berry on the depth chart be any more likely to be ready to see the field?  

One thing that surprised me was that with the guys they had in camp the Jets ended up with LeQuan Lewis on the practice squad. The guy seems like a journeyman and I would bet that he was only kept around as an emergency guy in case they ended up shorthanded.  If Milliner is really ready, then maybe they cut Lewis, move McFadden to the PS and sign someone else active.  

It's almost not fair to the kid, coming off a sub par season and a high ankle sprain. Now throw him out there to face Rodgers?

Who they gonna put him on? I'd rather see him on Nelson than Cobb cause of cobbs quick-cut ability-that can't be easy to cover with ankle issues.

Thats why he's a professional I guess. If our DLine keeps it up, hopefully it'll help the CBs.

Can't wait for kickoff!!!

Archived