first away game

Maxman

I'm taking the last four hours off from work on Sunday to sit at home and watch the game - virtually guaranteeing a loss. If things are going better than I expected, I might wander onto to Main St. and see what's happening in the bars. But I like watching at home.

Alone, 80" lcd...volume turned up...women in the house know it's that time so they go out and leave me in peace. It's the most gut wrenching and at the same time relaxing time of my week.

80" LCD? Wow. I'm very jealous.

I'm taking the last four hours off from work on Sunday to sit at home and watch the game - virtually guaranteeing a loss. If things are going better than I expected, I might wander onto to Main St. and see what's happening in the bars. But I like watching at home.

I am with you on that, I prefer to do the same things watch at home.

Won't be on here.  I could have the boys get it streaming on a PC but I really don;t like watching anything on a computer.  Two blocks from my house we have a Buffalo Chicken wing Factory and they got what I need baby.  Televisions, beer, wings and people to bring them to me.  The beer and wings obviously I just watch the TV's.  OK, I did try to eat one once, but the owner let it go cause he likes my tab size.  

Won't be on here.  I could have the boys get it streaming on a PC but I really don;t like watching anything on a computer.  Two blocks from my house we have a Buffalo Chicken wing Factory and they got what I need baby.  Televisions, beer, wings and people to bring them to me.  The beer and wings obviously I just watch the TV's.  OK, I did try to eat one once, but the owner let it go cause he likes my tab size.  

I connect my laptop to my 60" TV via a VGA cable.  Then it's not so bad to watch streaming from a PC   :winking0001:

But since we have a large group of Jets fans here, I usually go watch at the bar where they meet.  The only downside is a hoarse voice afterwards from all the J-E-T-S chants!

I connect my laptop to my 60" TV via a VGA cable.  Then it's not so bad to watch streaming from a PC   :winking0001:

But since we have a large group of Jets fans here, I usually go watch at the bar where they meet.  The only downside is a hoarse voice afterwards from all the J-E-T-S chants!

Sounds pretty reasonable.  I usually steal my sons Xbox to do that when I want to watch Netflix.  The other issue is every time I stream a game the computer gets polluted with crappy stuff.  I have one laptop we only use for that but have not seen it so its probably dead.  LOL

I tried to figure out a way for us to get the games via Max's thread sticky up top but that proved troublesome for us out-of-towners, so my wife started doing some investigating and it turns out that we were eligible for the NFL DTV package via the computer even though we are not allowed to have Direct TV here in this apt building site. So she bought a lightning adapter to HDMI and we now can watch all the Jets games in High Def-for like 200 bucks

Live in Tampa currently, and of course the one sunday the Jets have a 50% chance of being the one 4 o'clock game they show on tv is when the bucs are playing at 4. Quite depressing actually. 

I'm in Tampa too, there is actually a fairly large jets watch party at peabody's near New Tampa, do you know where that is?

I'm in Tampa too, there is actually a fairly large jets watch party at peabody's near New Tampa, do you know where that is?

Is that up by USF? If so, I've been in that area once, kind of a hike for me. Maybe I'll make the drive up one of these sundays, sometimes it gets lonely being the only Jet Fan around lol.

so it is the first away game of the year, I know some people here are actually going to it which is awesome. But for everyone else where are you watching the game?

Home With beer. Don't get how guys can drink hard liquor while they watch. I would be numb by halftime. I like the Jets Sunday. Not an automatic loss. Rex is pretty good on the road---except in Baltimore.

Is that up by USF? If so, I've been in that area once, kind of a hike for me. Maybe I'll make the drive up one of these sundays, sometimes it gets lonely being the only Jet Fan around lol.

Yea a little bit north or USF, further up Bruce B. Downs. But if you're ever interested you can get any info off of http://www.jets-fan.com/  .

Some fellow fans to share the heartbreak with.

Archived