Question for the new members

Maxman

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Max, it just makes it easier that way in some cases.

One request I'd make is that when you're in HTML mode (not BBCode mode) the board lets you type raw HTML but the shortcut buttons no longer are functional. So if I want to post a photo, I have to switch back to BBCode mode or type in the IMG tags at the beginning/end of the URL. Same for bold, underline, italic, size, color, etc.

Do you have controls over the HTML mode in a posting window wheras you can enable these shortcut buttons to allow them to put in the HTML tags most commonly used?

SAR I

Paging Greenbeans. I left I.T. and switched to Marketing. I have to punt on this one, lol.

Question:

On most forums you've got 30 or 60 seconds to hit 'edit', make a correction, save that change, and not have it flag the post as "edited by xxx" in the post.

Do you have the ability to add a time buffer of such a duration here at JN? Sometimes you need to glance at the post you just made up and active before you realize you made a typo, having others see you've edited it can appear as if you've changed your mind or are waffling on a position.

SAR I

[EDIT: Made this edit so you can see the flag.]

Agreed with this. I hate the edit stamp

Try it now. I changed it so I think you can remove the edited by option if you want. Check it out and let me know...thanks.

How is everything going so far here for you? Any thoughtscomments that you want to share with the rest of the class? :)

We hope you are enjoying your stay. Things seem to be going pretty well, so we are going to shut off the fasten seat belt sign. Please enjoy the rest of your flight.

I like it here. I'm staying...where's my coozie dammmit!

It's interesting. 

Thank goodness for the "Ignore List" feature, though.

A couple of posters here(Integrity28 in particular) haven't been all that "cordial", if you get my drift.

But aside from that, it's been pleasant to be around here.

Plus the site is easier on the eyes.

Puts me on ignore. Can't stop talking about me.

I've been extremely welcoming to our new guests, and have done a fairly good amount of recruiting.

You seem to be afflicted with that special brand of "it's never my own fault" type of ignorance. All you had to do was be accountable for what you said, rather than trying to wriggle your way out of it like a spineless rat.

A couple other bells and whistles we have here that I don't think is available on the board many of you arrived from are the two buttons below the search window on the upper righthand side of any page you're on in the forums. 

If you click the "new content" button, that will bring you up a menu of every thread on the site that has posts you haven't read yet. A lot of the old-timers navigate the site this way. 

If you click the little pointer-looking thing right next to the new content button, it will open a window listing the links to all the forums on the site, and you can jump to any one of them from there. That's how I usually get around. 

Also the Edit, Hide and Delete buttons on everyones post are cool too.  Did not have those at JN.  

How is everything going so far here for you?  Any thoughts\comments that you want to share with the rest of the class?   :)

We hope you are enjoying your stay.  Things seem to be going pretty well, so we are going to shut off the fasten seat belt sign. Please enjoy the rest of your flight.

Thanks, I am having a blast!!!!

Cant just have it gone. Ruins all prediction threads. Needs a time buffer of a minute as SAR said, or not at all.

Good point. I just added it to the list. Natively the software doesn't seem to have the requested option, but I will look into it.

Archived