****THE OFFICIAL UPSET SPECIAL LETS MAKE IT 2-0 JETS V. PACKERS GAME THREAD****

ZachEY

This game was determined at the end of the first half.  The INT totally flipped the mojo to the Pack. You're looking at 28-9 or 24-9 at the half.  Instead Pack run down the field and its 21-16 at the half.  And that missed throw to Decker was awful. This was a game that was NOT LOST but GIVEN AWAY.

Nonsense. The did not have field position. The Jet D let them walk the length of the field and score.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

45]

Retweeted 734 times

45]

7ZSC3MO-_bigger.jpegNFL on ESPN@ESPNNFL 1h

OC Marty Mornhinweg appeared to call the timeout for the Jets just before their game-tying TD. Only head coaches can call timeouts.

So what!! Does it matter whether he can or cannot under the rule book? Yes, in a vacuum. In reality the moron should have kept his mouth shut. Not his call to make over the head coach

What's up is that the NFL is a ******* joke and says that it's apparently completely acceptable to tear another player's helmet off and not even get a penalty as long as you're on the Packers, but God forbid anyone on the Jets does a damn thing, they're out of the game.

I really have no idea why I waste my time with this league at all, it really has become such a horrendously painful parody of itself.  It's starting to reach the point its not all that entertaining anymore.  I can't remember the last time I watched any game (forget even with the Jets) that didn't leave you with a dozen "WTF?" moments.

I hate to say it, but most pro sports are just a little bogus, some more than others. Refs everywhere are inept. Umpires suck. I don't think it is rigged, though. I think it is human frailty. In our case, the league does not seem to show the Jets respect, their own newspapers do not, a lot of other teams hate Rex's histrionics and blabber mouthing, and these guys just find themselves going along to get along.

Rex called a TO 7 years ago as a DC

that is true, but only HC call times out now. Mike Ferrera said it's the rule now BUT when MW called the timeout, the ref can not look around to see who called the timeout, so that all falls on coaching, to know the rules, and to know who can do what and can't do what. Jets lost.... all is quiet around here...lol

So what!! Does it matter whether he can or cannot under the rule book? Yes, in a vacuum. In reality the moron should have kept his mouth shut. Not his call to make over the head coach

no it's not but to jets fans it's only a horrible call because the play resulted in a TD, if it was an INT or turn over on downs, i'm sure a lot of jet fans would be screaming why didnt the coaching staff call for a timeout.

it's always easy to comment after the fact. (monday morning QB) 

Rex called a TO 7 years ago as a DC

and it was wrong then too. jesus christ troll I showed you the rules now you want to say something else admit it when you are wrong. That s like saying you never speed until you are caught. I am not saying they would have won but they would have had a shot at ot.

I agree buit still the minute he looked and saw mm calling he should have looked to the hc and then called it if the hc wanted it. Period simple plan and true the refs blew the call

no it's not but to jets fans it's only a horrible call because the play resulted in a TD, if it was an INT or turn over on downs, i'm sure a lot of jet fans would be screaming why didnt the coaching staff call for a timeout.

it's always easy to comment after the fact. (monday morning QB)

Not really. Rex should be the one living or dying by the call or lack thereof. Assistant do not overrule the head coach. There is no Monday morning qb here.

Not really. Rex should be the one living or dying by the call or lack thereof. Assistant do not overrule the head coach. There is no Monday morning qb here.

i'm not saying the offensive coordinator should be overriding the head coach. it's 4th and whatever on the 20 (or 30) I'm honestly not surprised that someone didn't want to call a timeout to make sure their "ducks are in a row" , but the "outrage" i'm saying only exist because it would of been a touchdown, but if the play resulted in something else other than a TD, I do not think this would of been a big deal to jet fans.

That's the part that makes it most ridiculous.  The play was never whistled dead, so nothing else even matters.  We've seen countless times before where a player or coach tried to get a TO called before the snap, but the refs didn't realize it and so once the ball was snapped, that was it.

So even if we ignore the argument over who is allowed to call the TO, in what world are we supposed to accept this nonsensical idea that the refs are in any position to wipe a TD off the board and say the play doesn't count after it's already over?

The ref saw MW signal for a time out. Richardson saw MW signal and he then signaled a TO. The ref clearly threw up his arms before the snap calling the play dead.  It was an unfortunate play of events but that play was not the  'only' deciding factor.   

No, but I didn't think they would be in a position to win 3 different times and blow it each time. Come to think of it, I should have thought that. These are the Jets.

Exactly. im more suprised they looked so dominant early on.

Jets play up and down to their opponent all the time which is good and bad but at least they have the capability to show flashes

Archived