Dee Milliner

yanks9596

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get where this hate for Milliner is coming from.  It was pretty clear his ankle is still in pretty bad shape.  It was a mistake to put him out there.

The bad news is, it looked like he's still a few weeks away from being healthy...

The guy hadn't played in five weeks. He's coming off an injury that is generally considered serious. His conditioning probably isn't there (tough to ride a bike with a high ankle sprain), and he's just plain rusty from not playing. Maybe (probably) the ankle isn't 100%, either. I didn't want him to play if he wasn't 100%, but when that opinion was expressed this week, it was said that NFL players play all year at less than 100%. And I get that. My hope is that by playing this week, he's shaken off some of that rust and plays a lot better next week. He was very good down the stretch last year, and I expect him to be very good this year.

Bottom line, Rex had him out there because -even hobbled- he was better than any alternatives available on the roster. And he was going up against one of the best QBs in the league. Tough spot.

I think Milliner just wasn't ready to come back. This sucks so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this.  They rushed him back before he was ready, Nelson and Rodgers saw that and attacked the weakness.  At least I hope this is the case, because the alternative is just not a very good CB at this stage of his career.

the issue here is the Jets didn't have enough cornerbacks. The Patterson signing was a bust as were all the "let's see" signings of Ras-I, Johnny Patrick and Leon McFadden. McDougle they wanted to start as a rookie, didn't play all of last season at Maryland. 

Millner was not even close to 100%, 5 weeks off of a high ankle sprain. These are routinely 6-8 week injuries. 

meanwhile, Revis had a key pick in the Pats win. This is exactly the type of game where they miss Revis. 

but don't worry cause they have tons of cap space.

If cap space could cover Jordy Nelson, the Jets would have won that game. 

the issue here is the Jets didn't have enough cornerbacks. The Patterson signing was a bust as were all the "let's see" signings of Ras-I, Johnny Patrick and Leon McFadden. McDougle they wanted to start as a rookie, didn't play all of last season at Maryland. 

Millner was not even close to 100%, 5 weeks off of a high ankle sprain. These are routinely 6-8 week injuries. 

meanwhile, Revis had a key pick in the Pats win. This is exactly the type of game where they miss Revis. 

but don't worry cause they have tons of cap space.

If cap space could cover Jordy Nelson, the Jets would have won that game. 

Calm down. Winning isn't the point. The point of this season is to see if we have a QB and then unleash Idzik for the Super Bowl run of 2016.

He probably wasn't near 100 % but it wasn't his body that failed him/us. It was biting on the play actions and getting juked on a pretty fundy double move which shouldn't be that huge of an issue for a 2nd year 1st round draft pick CB. 

He will heal but I don't know that he's got the skills.

With all the narratives today about how no team in the history of the planet would beat Green Bay at home with 10 days to prepare and that we should be so psyched that we played close , I'm surprised we wouldn't keep milliner out and give him a full week of practice to get ready for the bears

With all the narratives today about how no team in the history of the planet would beat Green Bay at home with 10 days to prepare and that we should be so psyched that we played close , I'm surprised we wouldn't keep milliner out and give him a full week of practice to get ready for the bears

Seriously. It's like people are forgetting that we're 2-0 in the pyrrhic victory standings.

Can we stop on passing judgement on whether Milliner is a bust till he returns back 100% fit from the high ankle sprain.

Its a well know fact that me and many others did not want him to return till he was 100% ready.

So can we wait say for a few more weeks before we decide he is a bust or not. Just a few more weeks. Maybe this season. Am i getting greedy ? Ok how about three fourths of this season.

Walls is not good.  Dude got worked today.

Yes he is. No he didn't.

Walls held the fort against Jordy Nelson, one of the better receivers in the game. No big plays and very little YAC.

In the 1st Q Walls had a PD and gave up 2 catches for 36 yards. One was a ridiculous acrobatic one, where he couldn't do much other than what he did.

In the 2nd quarter, Allen was lined up against Nelson for the most part. Most of the damage in the 2nd was done by Cobb (Wilson) and a penalty on Allen. Milliner was also into the game by the second quarter, and we all know how that worked out in the third.

Watch the game.

you can "Rex Up" these CBs all you want, they aren't good.  i did watch the game.  i watched Jordy Nelson bring down jump balls over #30 in the first half without #30 even turning his head.  I watched the CBs constantly giving 8-10 yd cushions on 3rd and short. i don't think i saw press coverage all day.  you can scheme up blitzes all you want, but a good QB isn't going to be fooled by them all game.

"I felt good," Milliner said. "When I first got out there, I was moving around pretty good. I came in at halftime and felt good. But when I went back out towards the end, I felt like it was tightening up a little bit, and that's when I told Antonio he could come in for me."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/09/jets_dee_milliner_took_himself_out_of_game_after_jordy_nelsons_long_td.html

Yes! I just saw the game again and he was actually good in the first half. Most guys in here are still traumatized.

I get it.  It's hard for fans to watch a game like that and not overreact at the outcome.

Truth is, they played well.  Not everyone did but overall, it was a good game for the most part.  They missed some opportunities, had some weird sh*t go down, some terrible calls and lost a well fought game minus their best player on both sides of the ball for most of the 2nd half.

I get it. It's hard for fans to watch a game like that and not overreact at the outcome.

Truth is, they played well. Not everyone did but overall, it was a good game for the most part. They missed some opportunities, had some weird sh*t go down, some terrible calls and lost a well fought game minus their best player on both sides of the ball for most of the 2nd half.

Agree on everything. I ranked the best and worst in another thread. Forgot to add Wilson. That my friend is a bust. But over all, a good game!

I don't know what it was, and I'm not usually someone who watches players and just decides instantaneously they're great/awful, but watching Milliner get embarrassed by Nelson on that TD totally soured me on him.

I just don't think he's good or is going to be good. WE COULD HAVE HAD EIFERT.

Archived