Dee Milliner

yanks9596

Yes he is. No he didn't.

Walls held the fort against Jordy Nelson, one of the better receivers in the game. No big plays and very little YAC.

In the 1st Q Walls had a PD and gave up 2 catches for 36 yards. One was a ridiculous acrobatic one, where he couldn't do much other than what he did.

In the 2nd quarter, Allen was lined up against Nelson for the most part. Most of the damage in the 2nd was done by Cobb (Wilson) and a penalty on Allen. Milliner was also into the game by the second quarter, and we all know how that worked out in the third.

Watch the game.

Notre Dame, FTW.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what it was, and I'm not usually someone who watches players and just decides instantaneously they're great/awful, but watching Milliner get embarrassed by Nelson on that TD totally soured me on him.

I just don't think he's good or is going to be good. WE COULD HAVE HAD EIFERT.

Milliner was certainly not worthy of his draft position - we all knew that, but I do not believe he is all that bad - my biggest fear with him is the injury bug...he will probably be a decent corner in the future, but far from a shut down corner,  I was more annoyed by Pryor's whiff.  He's got to be in position to make the big hit there - there was no one else in the pattern what the heck was he doing?   Imagine he comes flying in and knocks Jordy unconsious in that spot.  And what about Rex, why was he leaving Milliner on an island with Nelson???

you can "Rex Up" these CBs all you want, they aren't good. i did watch the game. i watched Jordy Nelson bring down jump balls over #30 in the first half without #30 even turning his head. I watched the CBs constantly giving 8-10 yd cushions on 3rd and short. i don't think i saw press coverage all day. you can scheme up blitzes all you want, but a good QB isn't going to be fooled by them all game.

When has Rex ever "Rex'd up" a corner?

I don't know what it was, and I'm not usually someone who watches players and just decides instantaneously they're great/awful, but watching Milliner get embarrassed by Nelson on that TD totally soured me on him.

He takes a lot of false steps and looks like Bambi on ice whenever the receiver he's covering goes into his break.

Doesn't matter now. He has already been declared  a bust.

He´s no Wilson just yet. He finished the season great and i have high hopes for him. Don´t really care what fans think of him since they can´t know for sure how he will pan out.

He still has a lot of the same timing problems from last year. Most notably getting his head around to play the ball. Regardless it was very obvious he was not 100% yesterday.

He takes a lot of false steps and looks like Bambi on ice whenever the receiver he's covering goes into his break.

I know you DVR'ed the game.  Go back and watch the first half.  Judging a player off of one play makes perfect sense, I know, but c'mon...

When has Rex ever "Rex'd up" a corner?

Antonio Cromartie.  Dude was a pretty good cover corner and total pu$$y in San Diego.  From 2010-2012 he was the only corner in the NFL to be ranked top 10 by PFF all three seasons, and I recall several times where he made big hits on tackles.

Milliner is good and you will all be saying it by midseason.

Just curious what could possibly lead you to this conclusion? Honestly, is I blind hope over reality? When 85% of what he's shown on the field is pure suck, and the rest below average, how in the hell can you say he's good? Because he played ok against the Bills? Because he's your binky and you want him to be good? There is no one with an ounce of objectivity that can look at milliner and come away saying " that's it, that's what we're looking for at CB, this guys going to be great" He flat out sucks.    

Just curious what could possibly lead you to this conclusion? Honestly, is I blind hope over reality? When 85% of what he's shown on the field is pure suck, and the rest below average, how in the hell can you say he's good? Because he played ok against the Bills? Because he's your binky and you want him to be good? There is no one with an ounce of objectivity that can look at milliner and come away saying " that's it, that's what we're looking for at CB, this guys going to be great" He flat out sucks.

He was defensive rookie of the month of December last season because he played pure suck or below average for those four weeks.

#ounceofobjectivity

Are we really beating up Milliner because he was rushed onto the field from a high ankle sprain?

Really?

Does anyone here actually watch football? Has anyone here ever seen the way a high ankle sprain can make a player a shell of themselves for weeks on end? Milliner gave it a shot, because he was asked to. Find me one player that wouldn't give it a shot for a master motivator when asked? 

I swear to God some of you will do anything to avoid blaming the head coach.

You're an idiot. 

Are we really beating up Milliner because he was rushed onto the field from a high ankle sprain?

Really?

Does anyone here actually watch football? Has anyone here ever seen the way a high ankle sprain can make a player a shell of themselves for weeks on end? Milliner gave it a shot, because he was asked to. Find me one player that wouldn't give it a shot for a master motivator when asked? 

I swear to God some of you will do anything to avoid blaming the head coach.

Really. It's not like the head coach didn't have a plethora of CBs ready to go against Aaron Rogers on the road.

Milliner was playing well in the first half. He should've pulled himself in the second when the ankle started giving him problems.

He was defensive rookie of the month of December last season because he played pure suck or below average for those four weeks.

#ounceofobjectivity

He was pure suck for most of the year, take your green glasses off, I couldn't care less if he played ok against a bunch of tomato cans at the end of the year. I get that you desperately want him to be good, but the evidence so far is that he overwhelmingly sucks. You know what they call anyone that loses 75%  of the time? A loser.  

He was pure suck for most of the year, take your green glasses off, I couldn't care less if he played ok against a bunch of tomato cans at the end of the year. I get that you desperately want him to be good, but the evidence so far is that he overwhelmingly sucks. You know what they call anyone that loses 75%  of the time? A loser.

Well, that puts you firmly in the loser category.

You're an idiot. 

I hate to agree with the Ape, but +1

Really. It's not like the head coach didn't have a plethora of CBs ready to go against Aaron Rogers on the road.

Milliner was playing well in the first half. He should've pulled himself in the second when the ankle started giving him problems.

I read that he did tap out at one point because he "wasnt' moving like he wanted to".

Also, since when is it up to the player to take themselves out when they aren't performing? Now that responsibility doesn't belong to the coach either? If Milliner looks hurt and is losing us the game, it is up to the coach to make adjustments in both scheme and personnel.

Here, on the reality train, they call them a rookie corner.

The question is, should he sit this week?

Early in the game, Walls was covering Nelson, with safety help and doing a decent job (when the safety help got there, unfortunately our rookie safety looks a half-tick late in his reactions because he's still green and diagnosing the play slower than a veteran would).

Milliner got beat when Rex isolated him on Nelson.

All we can hope for is that Rex and Marty grow balls and let Geno chuck it in a shootout. Maybe our DL can get to Cutler and force some of those things... what are they called???? Turnovers???? 

I read that he did tap out at one point because he "wasnt' moving like he wanted to".

Also, since when is it up to the player to take themselves out when they aren't performing? Now that responsibility doesn't belong to the coach either? If Milliner looks hurt and is losing us the game, it is up to the coach to make adjustments in both scheme and personnel.

If the player doesn't report to the coach and tell him his ankle isn't right, how is the coach to know? Without that knowledge, the coach could easily think the kid is still shaking off the rust from not playing for five weeks.

If the player doesn't report to the coach and tell him his ankle isn't right, how is the coach to know? Without that knowledge, the coach could easily think the kid is still shaking off the rust from not playing for five weeks.

I don't know slats... maybe watching the game, the scoreboard, the player being picked on to the point of the win slipping away? I mean Rex came in knowing it was a high ankle sprain, knowing how long they usually take to heal, and knowing that Milliner was on the field in less time than that usually is... none of those variables could be weighed by the coach as he watches the game? He needs the player to tell him? Gimme a break.

Tell us more about how Revis Island (with safety help) shut down Greg Jennings with Matt Cassell throwing to him and no Adrian Peterson.

How cute, make things up to help yourself feel better. Revis will be heading back to the pro bowl this year, what bowl do you think your bust will be heading to?

Archived