Coaching lost this game

CobraVerde

Officiating cost the Jets a chance at this game. Yes, they gave up a big lead. Yes, they let Jordy Nelson run all over them. But I've never seen a touchdown called back retroactively because of a phantom time-out.

yeah I still don't understand how the refs are allowed to let their big time **** up stand

Has that ever happened in the NFL before where a coordinator was allowed to call a TO like that?  

I'm amazed that I'm amazed at how the Jets keep finding the most ridiculous and creative ways to lose games.

It happened to Rex against the Pats in 2007. Cost the Ravens the game.

I just watched it again. Sheldon Richardson actually whispers into the officials ear just prior to him blowing th whistle.   This is the craziest thing ever.

That's not even the most bizarre part of it. 

So after the game, Richardson admits what you're saying. But he claims Rex wanted to call TO but the ref didn't hear him, and that prompted him to say it to the official. Except Rex said he didn't call TO and didn't know who did.

Put aside the obvious he said / she said difference. There's a gray area if it's MM calling TO, since a team official is allowed to if he's gesturing right to the official and they make eye contact or something. If this is a player on the sideline calling TO to an official, and that is the official who says, "Jets called timeout," then there really is no way the official can call the play dead.

So after the game, Richardson admits what you're saying. But he claims Rex wanted to call TO but the ref didn't hear him, and that prompted him to say it to the official. Except Rex said he didn't call TO and didn't know who did.

Put aside the obvious he said / she said difference. There's a gray area if it's MM calling TO, since a team official is allowed to if he's gesturing right to the official and they make eye contact or something. If this is a player on the sideline calling TO to an official, and that is the official who says, "Jets called timeout," then there really is no way the official can call the play dead.

I could not disagree with you more. It is not up to the refs to try to get the Jets sideline to get their sh!t together, it's up to the Jets.

how about 9 receptions of 209 yards?    I guess antonio allen isn't quite the lockdown CB he was made out to be.   

82 on milliner/pryor.

rodgers was the difference.  it's more entertaining to talk about the other stuff, but he was the difference

Odd. I can't decide if it's a good thing to have such a bizarre play lose the game or if it's a bad thing. It's all bad of course, but the Jets tied it up there and who knows what happens at that point?

82 on milliner/pryor.

rodgers was the difference.  it's more entertaining to talk about the other stuff, but he was the difference

That

was one play though. Allen was abused today many times. ugh... I don't even care at this point anymore. SO frustrating.

82 on milliner/pryor.

This.  Rodgers with 10 days to prepare on for their home opener.  Come'on.  Its like people dont know the NFL by now.

I'm on the coaching lost the game bandwagon.

and I blame the refs because it makes some people...one guy...angry for anyone to have this point of view.

but I was seriously amused that when the Jets took control of the game, all of a sudden there were all these calls for green bay. be cool now, NFL.

That said.  It was a bizarre game and Jets battling it out with a team that a lot of people had competing for the NFC. 

Rodgers caught fire vs. a weak secondary, the Jets offense went cold (Geno was missing bad there in the second half) and some weird sh*t happened.

Tough loss...but expected.  Need to bounce back next week.

That said.  It was a bizarre game and Jets battling it out with a team that a lot of people had competing for the NFC. 

Rodgers caught fire vs. a weak secondary, the Jets offense went cold (Geno was missing bad there in the second half) and some weird sh*t happened.

Tough loss...but expected.  Need to bounce back next week.

Exactly, and we will. We will kick the crap out of Cutler and the Bears next week, and we will be 2-1.

The time out is bad. But do you think with 3 min left we would stop them. ? Prob. Not

Agree here.....what would even make anyone think that we were going to stop Rodgers with that much time left. Still wish the refs would have given us the chance to try and stop him though, but I'm far from confident we would have. 

I could not disagree with you more. It is not up to the refs to try to get the Jets sideline to get their sh!t together, it's up to the Jets.

Disagree or not, the refs are only allowed to award the Jets a TO if it's called by someone on the field or from the HC on the sideline. An exception can be made only if an asst coach calls TO directly to the official.

If a player whispers TO into the official's ear, it is not a TO.

That is the purpose of the HC being the only one who can call it. It's a noisy stadium and coaches and players yell a lot of things back & forth. But only the HC is supposed to make the call that an official actually pays any attention to.

There is plenty of Jets coaching to criticize today. But the refs took away a game-tying Jets TD with 5 minutes to play.

Odd. I can't decide if it's a good thing to have such a bizarre play lose the game or if it's a bad thing. It's all bad of course, but the Jets tied it up there and who knows what happens at that point?

You can say "How do you know the Jets go on to win?" and it's true you don't. But you don't know that they wouldn't either.

Have to let the players play it out. Erasing a TD is disgusting. No one on GB thought the Jets called TO and it had no impact on the play. Especially if, as it's been retold by Richardson, he "whispered" it into the ref's ear, and that was the ref who called the play back. Clearly no one on the field for GB heard Richardson whisper a TO (or anything) into a ref's ear.

To your first point, I guess this is better than getting blown out because we couldn't play with these guys. But this is far more frustrating than getting blown out because (like last year) you know the roster is uncompetitive.

But all losses suck.

You can say "How do you know the Jets go on to win?" and it's true you don't. But you don't know that they wouldn't either.

Have to let the players play it out. Erasing a TD is disgusting. No one on GB thought the Jets called TO and it had no impact on the play. Especially if, as it's been retold by Richardson, he "whispered" it into the ref's ear, and that was the ref who called the play back. Clearly no one on the field for GB heard Richardson whisper a TO (or anything) into a ref's ear.

To your first point, I guess this is better than getting blown out because we couldn't play with these guys. But this is far more frustrating than getting blown out because (like last year) you know the roster is uncompetitive.

But all losses suck.

losses happen.   this one is over and now it's time to see if Rex can get the team to bounce back vs. an 0-2 Bears team or this loss carries forward.  

there were obviously mistakes to correct but for the most part i am pretty excited about this team's potential.    We are definitely a few players away...but it's just a few not an entire roster.   Beat the Bears and this is just bump in the road.  

Morhinweg is a dunce calling a timeout that prevented the 31st jets point from counting. why would the ref listen to a offensive coordinators demand. Rex Ryan didn't call a timeout. Morhinweg should of shut his yap and stayed put instead his stupidiy cost the jets from tieing the game up. Typical Jets horrible decision making.

Based on the video, thought this was crazy talk. Now in the wake of all this nonsense psotgame, the whole thing is even bigger and weirder mess.  

It was the lack of confidence the JETS coaching staff have in Geno that led to the downfall in this game.

JETS playcalling was too predictable. On 1st downs we were calling running plays. And then there was Super Vick package. I know Geno had an INT but if you look at that play if this is the only way Geno turns the ball over all season I will take it.

The play calling was atrocious. That too for a second game in a row.

Granted as it now appears the only real upgrade the JETS made all off season on the passing offense is Decker  Amaro was invisible. Where were Nelson and Salas ? I don't think Salas has even made the stat sheet in two weeks. And the less said about the 3 rookie WR's and their contributions the better. The JETS have no vertical threat to stretch the field. When Decker was out we are all back to our only target and savior Kerley. That is going to be a challenge for JETS offense the next 6 games when they face high octane offenses who can score points at will.

Archived