The INT at the end of first half lost this game. Completely reversed momentum.

CTM

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the article I sent, did you read it, plus 'How did it work out?' LOL

You are just plain wrong and results prove it. It's OK to be wrong, you grow from it.

Can I have the names of the hundreds, LOL. 

You are too funny, most yuks in awhile, I swear you are a troll goofing off or maybe even assmop ;)

no. didn't read it. don't want to. I am at a stage in my life where reading some hacks opinion on what coulda,shoulda,woulda doesn't make any sense. I have my own opinion, you have yours.this is a message board. we debate. I don't need a 3rd party know nothing to help sell me on what my own eyes see. I am not going to rehash the logic behind my opinion. it has been said to death. execution was the problem,not the playcall. 

and there you go again, with the " I am older, therefore smarter than you" line. I don't think that's accurate in this case.

no. didn't read it. don't want to. I am at a stage in my life where reading some hacks opinion on what coulda,shoulda,woulda doesn't make any sense. I have my own opinion, you have yours.this is a message board. we debate. I don't need a 3rd party know nothing to help sell me on what my own eyes see. I am not going to rehash the logic behind my opinion. it has been said to death. execution was the problem,not the playcall. 

and there you go again, with the " I am older, therefore smarter than you" line. I don't think that's accurate in this case.

yeah who needs evidence when opinions already set. in fact who needs debate. this thread has grown werrisome for today. have a nice night everybody.

yeah who needs evidence when opinions already set. in fact who needs debate. this thread has grown werrisome for today. have a nice night everybody.

a reporters opinion is now evidence? you never entered this thread with a debate in mind. you and your side kick have made this thread what it is. nobody else. now you are running away after this bs that you caused. but in your mind, you are taking the high road even tho, your childish behavior fueled this thread. you are a trolling garbage poster. at least on this thread. douchebaggery at its finest with no holds barred

I believe it was Sudfield wide open down the sideline. Jets driving to go up 28-9. Geno gets hit as he throws, releases a flutter ball and instead of 1st and goal or a TD, it' Packers ball w/all the momentum against a tired defense. And the crowd is back into it. Said it at the time it happened, but that was the shot they never recovered from.

I agree this was the turning point but good teams regain momentum at some stage and it looked like we were about to on the stupid T.O call/ Main problem was all the 3 and outs in the second half and the DUMB mistakes on the field and on the sidelines

a reporters opinion is now evidence? you never entered this thread with a debate in mind. you and your side kick have made this thread what it is. nobody else. now you are running away after this bs that you caused. but in your mind, you are taking the high road even tho, your childish behavior fueled this thread. you are a trolling garbage poster. at least on this thread. douchebaggery at its finest with no holds barred

evidence doesn't equal fact. smoke is evidence of a fire. bubbles are evidence of a fish. smell is evidence of a fart. doesn't mean those things are there, just that the chance that they are is increased by the presence of evidence. so yes, a reporter saying something is so is not a fact, but it is evidence that supports one's opinion.

I agree this was the turning point but good teams regain momentum at some stage and it looked like we were about to on the stupid T.O call/ Main problem was all the 3 and outs in the second half and the DUMB mistakes on the field and on the sidelines

Good way to state the flow of game

If Rex's amazing defense stops Rodgers from strolling down the field for a TD after that pick, there is no momentum shift. Therefore, the "turning point" was Rex's amazing defense giving up an easy score, again, with the clock winding down.

This sounds like something I've said at least 5 times in this thread. You're the best!!! 

I didn't read the thread first, but I'm appreciative of your bitch-slapping of JiF and Klacko today, so I will apologize for stealing your point. 

Stealing? No, no, no... I was expressing appreciation for your support of what we call "reality".

If Rex's amazing defense stops Rodgers from strolling down the field for a TD after that pick, there is no momentum shift. Therefore, the "turning point" was Rex's amazing defense giving up an easy score, again, with the clock winding down.

what's frustrating is how many times we've seen that happen before. how many times do we have to lose due to the prevent defense? I haaate it.

1. Going for the kill and a TD in that spot as a huge road dog was 100% the right move.

2. The We Have A Top 5 Rex Ryan NFL Defense allowing the Packers to go 97 yards in 90 seconds 100% cost us this game.

SAR I

Rubbish. Top 5 QB in the league, at home, huge momentum swing, huge rule changes to further neuter defenses. There isn't a defense in the NFL that stops him from scoring consistantly.

Geno fell apart after that play

This sounds like something I've said at least 5 times in this thread. You're the best!!! 

Being on the other side of any position that has Ape and T0mShane as supporters is a good place to be. The combined IQ of you two is lower then crushers belt size

what's frustrating is how many times we've seen that happen before. how many times do we have to lose due to the prevent defense? I haaate it.

I don't believe it's the prevent that causes problems for Rex's defense. It's the hurry-up offense negating Rex's ability to move pieces around, and opposing QBs start finding Kyle Wilson and David Harris in coverage pretty easily. It becomes harder to hide them.  

I don't believe it's the prevent that causes problems for Rex's defense. It's the hurry-up offense negating Rex's ability to move pieces around, and opposing QBs start finding Kyle Wilson and David Harris in coverage pretty easily. It becomes harder to hide them.  

I still feel rage.

Being on the other side of any position that has Ape and T0mShane as supporters is a good place to be. The combined IQ of you two is lower then crushers belt size

You realize that still leaves us room to have some of the highest IQs in the world, don't you?

• 3 months later...

BUMP..

LOL, Woody just mentioned THIS play vs GB 1st game(Geno going for TD at end of half) as example of 'odd calls' that were part of firing.'

He even said what many of us mentioned:paraphrasing Woody:  "Just kill clock, take FG and the lead to halftime. Why give ball back to Rodgers, risk momentum"

So the 'go for the kill TD crowd" was part of Rex's undoing. Rex is SUPPOSED to hear every Offensive MM play call thru headset. He could have said to MM as Jets took field, kill clock with run. Take a run TD or a take FG. Rex probably just ran to bench and talked to defense instead of paying attention.

Archived