is this it for Rex?

Lizard King

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is that the team has gone through personnel adjustments and you can't totally blame him there. But as far as not being prepared, especially mentally, to have a 21-3 lead in 18 minutes and piss t away, to have 100 yards in penalties again, it's a disaster. Physical mistakes happen, mental ones are a lot harder to forgive.. And they're too common on this club

I think the lack of discipline is going to do him in, IMHO. Penalties and bad decision making.

Yeah I know this will be viewed as an overreacting post but I think I've calmed down a good bit.

sometimes you just lose to good teams on the road.   if anything, I thought Rex did a pretty good job today. 

Last season the Jets were overwhelmed and overmatched when they lost.   today Rex had them prepared and ready to play from the first snap.   I also thought Rex got his nuts back today when he went for it on 4th down early in the game.    Last season I thought he played scared more often than not.  

My only real problem with Rex today was not making any adjustments to take Nelson out of the game.   He was the offense and the Jets really did nothing to stop him.   Maybe that's on Idzik maybe that's on Rex.   either way if you want to win you can't let Nelson go off like that.  

an 18 point lead disappears in an eye blink. Geno throws a crucial 2nd quarter redzone pick & the hometown refs fixed the game to the packers favor.

Morhinweg is a complete and utter moron calling a timeout that prevented the jets td from counting. Rex Ryan was very little at fault for this.

This is infact the Jets we are talking about the same old jets matter of fact.

If you look at just the score it would seem that way. Those who watched them piss away a 21-3 lead know that the coaching was very culpable for the break down.

I'm not saying it wasn't, not at all. But you can't say that and ignore what they did to get our boys roaring out of the gates tonight. You can't have it both ways. You take the good, you take the bad, and then you have the facts of life. The facts of life.

If you look at just the score it would seem that way. Those who watched them piss away a 21-3 lead know that the coaching was very culpable for the break down.

Rex went on the road and basically player the packers even.   let's not forget that the Packers are spending $30M more on players than the Jets.   In a salary cap league that is supposed to promote parity Rex is basically bringing a knife to a gun-fight.  

sometimes you just lose to good teams on the road. if anything, I thought Rex did a pretty good job today.

Last season the Jets were overwhelmed and overmatched when they lost. today Rex had them prepared and ready to play from the first snap. I also thought Rex got his nuts back today when he went for it on 4th down early in the game. Last season I thought he played scared more often than not.

My only real problem with Rex today was not making any adjustments to take Nelson out of the game. He was the offense and the Jets really did nothing to stop him. Maybe that's on Idzik maybe that's on Rex. either way if you want to win you can't let Nelson go off like that.

I think that when you have an assistant at a point where he's making calls he shouldn't make, it's one example of your inability to lead the entire club.

I've been agnostic about Rex for a while but today might have pushed me over the edge.  The team is talented enough to be competitive with upper echelon teams but this was an absolute meltdown. 

They should have won this game comfortably but the for the same mistakes that have been plaguing this team for years. 

The thing is that the team has gone through personnel adjustments and you can't totally blame him there. But as far as not being prepared, especially mentally, to have a 21-3 lead in 18 minutes and piss t away, to have 100 yards in penalties again, it's a disaster. Physical mistakes happen, mental ones are a lot harder to forgive.. And they're too common on this club

This is why Jets fans don't deserve a winner. 

Personnel and coaching all around Rex changes, and yet the results are ALWAYS the same.

Barring a sub 4-12 season, Rex will "lose" this job when he decides he wants to leave. This is our lives now.

Too funny.

No, unless Rex pulls off a miracle season Bevell will be the next Jets HC. Rex is a loose cannon who is never going to change.

I'm good with the Bevell hire, however, I'm going to take this another direction. 

Jim Harbaugh's contract is about up, and the 49ers are balking at extending him until season's end. For once, I would love it if the Jets would just hire an experienced, good HEAD football coach. I think the "Idzik, Bevell, Seattle familiarity" angle is just as interesting as the idea of Idzik hiring the guy who built the Seahawks biggest rival.

This is why Jets fans don't deserve a winner.

Personnel and coaching all around Rex changes, and yet the results are ALWAYS the same.

That makes no sense. They gutted the roster & are $20mm under cap. The only part of this team that is consistently good is the defensive line. I wonder why.

I'm good with the Bevell hire, however, I'm going to take this another direction.

Jim Harbaugh's contract is about up, and the 49ers are balking at extending him until season's end. For once, I would love it if the Jets would just hire an experienced, good HEAD football coach. I think the "Idzik, Bevell, Seattle familiarity" angle is just as interesting as the idea of Idzik hiring the guy who built the Seahawks biggest rival.

The Jets would have to give him $8 mil per, and I'm skeptical that Woody would do that. If Harbaugh gets dumped by SF, he's going to go take the Michigan coaching job where he will be a golden god.

great idea but unfortunately just as realistic as my pipedream that the Mets will go after Joe Maddon

Harbaugh didn't draft Patrick Willis, Michael Crabtree, Vernon Davis, or Colin Kaepernick. He coached them.

That makes no sense. They gutted the roster & are $20mm under cap. The only part of this team that is consistently good is the defensive line. I wonder why.

How does it "make no sense"?

You said the team has gone through personnel changes, so you can't blame Rex. I'm saying that the team's roster changes annually, and every year it's the same problems. The assumption with personnel changes is that it's more often than not improvement, especially in a scenario where it's Rex's "start over" period with the Jets and year 2 of a rebuild. At some point, you can't use personnel changes as an excuse for a coach that no matter who you put on the roster seems to find a way to make the same mistakes every year. Personnel isn't the problem. That was the excuse the last 2 years.

Rex is the ******* problem.

yea but isn't like 20 of that 30 million Rodgers?

and your point is what exactly?    Rex is hamstrung by a bargain basement roster and somehow it's his fault when his CBs can't keep up with Rodgers, Nelson, et al ?  

you put Davis, Talib, or Revis out there today and the Jets leave GB with a 'W'.  

How does it "make no sense"?

You said the team has gone through personnel changes, so you can't blame Rex. I'm saying that the team's roster changes annually, and every year it's the same problems. The assumption with personnel changes is that it's more often than not improvement, especially in a scenario where it's Rex's "start over" period with the Jets and year 2 of a rebuild. At some point, you can't use personnel changes as an excuse for a coach that no matter who you put on the roster seems to find a way to make the same mistakes every year. Personnel isn't the problem. That was the excuse the last 2 years.

Rex is the ******* problem.

So you do actually agree with my earlier post

and your point is what exactly? Rex is hamstrung by a bargain basement roster and somehow it's his fault when his CBs can't keep up with Rodgers, Nelson, et al ?

you put Davis, Talib, or Revis out there today and the Jets leave GB with a 'W'.

They absolutely should have gone after Talib.

The Jets would have to give him $8 mil per, and I'm skeptical that Woody would do that. If Harbaugh gets dumped by SF, he's going to go take the Michigan coaching job where he will be a golden god.

The PR that having a Harbaugh at the helm would give this club would outshine even Rex, and that's exactly what Woody is looking for. It's a pipe dream but I'd so do that if I had the chance. Not to mention his bro would be right down the pike.

So you do actually agree with my earlier post

Yeah, just not with the bit about personnel.

I've been bitching about Rex's sh*tshow since his first season here. I would think by now you'd know where I stand on him. My only disagreement with you is in the semantics... :D

Archived