Most surprising part of the game to you

DRJETS

To me, without a doubt was the lack of running game against a bad OL.  I mean, gosh at one point when the Jets went three and out in like four straight times, the first two plays were 2 rush for 2 yards, every single time.  The Packers were seating in good position on third down expecting the pass.  At one point late in the four quarter trying to tie the game, they ran three straight times for a measly 5 yards when the Packers were not expecting to run, that was how bad the running game was yesterday.  

Mo Wilkerson celebrating his ejection.  Leader, huh?

In the heat of the moment, especially when the other team overcame an 18 points lead in just over a quarter, frustration build up. 

I'm still furious about our OL.  I thought we were going over there and feed on the crappy Packers DL.  It was just an embarrassment performance by our OL.   

In the heat of the moment, especially when the other team overcame an 18 points lead in just over a quarter, frustration build up. 

I'm still furious about our OL.  I thought we were going over there and feed on the crappy Packers DL.  It was just an embarrassment performance by our OL.   

I've seen other players face adversity and keep their cool.  I've seen guys not keep their cool and get ejected.  I've never seen a guy, especially a "leader" lose his cool, get ejected, and go to the locker room just giddy about the whole situation.  Leaders care about that kind of stuff and they're  not happy about it.  Part of the reason I find it so disheartening is becuase he is the last guy I would have expected it from.  I really thought he was better than that. 

I don't know if it's surprising, per se, but it's interesting to watch QBs (both great and mediocre) get hot against Ryan's defense and for Ryan to consistently never have an answer.

I have to agree with this - there is something consistently inconsistent about the Jets defense. The defense has too many lapses  game to game or within games that are perplexing. I have never seen that consistent dominance from Ryan's defense.

Biggest surprise: we actually kicked ass for 20 minutes. Taking advantage of everyone opportunity to put up TD’s, not FG’s. After the botched snap on the first play, I was sure we’d settle for a FG.

Everything that happened after the first quarter did not surprise me.

There were a lot of surprises and plenty of blame to go around. But I guess the single biggest surprise was that the Jets didn't wind down the clock and take the 3 points going into half time. There is nothing wrong with doing so and it's not being too conservative when you have a big lead. It was a huge mistake.

I'm not that surprised about our OL because I knew they sucked. I'm also not too shocked by our DB's or by Geno throwing for 33% in the second half. I've been negative rep'd for saying these things since July.

The big early lead was the only suprise IMO.

A timely early turnover, and some great O right out of the gate, no, I didn't see that coming.

The rest, well, that was almost literally the script I expected.  Jets D-Line (vs. GB O-line) VS. Jets D-backs (vs. Discount DoubleCheck).

i think it's that early lead that has everyone so seemingly butthurt.  Gave us (false) hope in a game we very likely were never going to win, no matter how many times we played it.

The Jets are not good enough (yet) to beat a Future HOF QB in a place like Green Bay.  Not at QB, not at WR, not a D-backfield especially.

Out O couldn't do anything second half, and our D is easily exploitable by any decent passing O, much less a great passing O like Green Bay.

IMo this is why being a homer is a bad idea.  You can want and root for them to win, absolutely, but actually thinking they SHOULD/WILL win in a game the odds and experts say they have almost no chance just created undue expectations and massive butthurt.  Far better to be a realist IMO, as yesterday was dissapointing, but far from crushing to me.

To me, without a doubt was the lack of running game against a bad OL.  I mean, gosh at one point when the Jets went three and out in like four straight times, the first two plays were 2 rush for 2 yards, every single time.  The Packers were seating in good position on third down expecting the pass.  At one point late in the four quarter trying to tie the game, they ran three straight times for a measly 5 yards when the Packers were not expecting to run, that was how bad the running game was yesterday.  

I'm not surprised about the run game. They knew we were going to run because we had a lead to keep. Should have been throwing and extending the lead.

Winnable game regardless of the gift turnover to start. The Packers are beat up all over the place and arent that good to begin with. We gave that game away....screw the cap tipping to Rodgers. We needed someone to make a play in the second half and we couldnt. With all of our first round picks on defense you'd think at some point we'd be able to force a turnover.

Winnable game regardless of the gift turnover to start. The Packers are beat up all over the place and arent that good to begin with. We gave that game away....screw the cap tipping to Rodgers. We needed someone to make a play in the second half and we couldnt. With all of our first round picks on defense you'd think at some point we'd be able to force a turnover.

agreed , this is my take also .. Up 21-9 with a first down at the 30 , two minutes left in the first half and getting the ball to start the second half I can not be on the " we played the packers close " bandwagon

I may have felt a little confused the past 5 years as to what exactly was going on in Jet Land with these brushes with championships and brash proclamations, but I now have full confidence that this is still the Same Old Jets. Woody may have put lipstick on this pig, fancy stadium, headlines and such, but he's not a shred more qualified to own this team than Leon Hess ever was either. We changed owners with no tangible progress in football acumen, just extra glitz and glamour. It's the same old Jets with no direction and inmates still running the asylum.

I'm not surprised about the run game. They knew we were going to run because we had a lead to keep. Should have been throwing and extending the lead.

Agreed 100%.  How many fukkkkkking time do I have to see two down for three yards or less?  I felt like vomiting when they were going for the tie late in the four quarter and ran three straight time for 5 yards.  I think Marty got too cute or Rex panicked and pressed him into running thru the Packers throat after the int when his defense allowed 95 yards TD in less than two minutes.

From the stands, and aside from the obvious dumpster fire incidents, I would say there were four that noticeably stood out to me:

- Pace is done. His legs are completely gone. He should not be getting the reps that he is.

- Serious concerns with the OL. Winters is very bad, and the fact that Aboushi could not beat him out probably says enough. I could probably say the same thing about Colon that I said above about Pace. And most importantly, Brick and Mangold look a lot older this year. There was one particular play that they ran, a sweep to the left, where Mangold pulled and had position on two defenders, but either the will wasn't there or he simply is just getting old, because what should have been a 10-yard gain wound up being a 1-yard gain. Brick also got beat on several plays that he had no business getting beat on.

- There are some concerns with the WRs regarding deeper routes. It's not as bad as what Braylon and Santonio used to do, but there is still an effort problem with the deeper routes. A few guys just gave up in the middle of plays, while Geno was scrambling too.

- Some real odd coverages yesterday. The Jets were blowing an 18-point lead and Jordy Nelson is torching the D, and there Rex is in the third putting Wilkerson out at CB on Nelson. That actually happened.

The fact that Bilal Powell gives them more as a change-of-pace back than Chris Johnson.  Johnson might still be good as a receiver, but in these two games he's given them nothing special running from scrimmage.  I thought when he came over he would fill the Leon Washington / LaDainian Tomlinson role, but it isn't looking like that.

We were a free flowing offense till the first Vick play. If i was Marty I would take all the plays in the Vick package and make a bonfire out of it. While we are at it lets just burn all the WildCat plays.

Vick's major contributions are that he's a real good runner and throws well from the run.  Well, our regular QB does those things, so what's the point?  Vick would be a great change-of-pace for a pure pocket passer who doesn't run, but Geno is not that.

This.

Players need to make a ******* play.

Watching that second half I was saying Rex didn't have a great game but after calming down the players let Rex down.

AA missed at least 3 tackles for little gain. Pryor was bad. The OL made AJ hawk look all world.

I couldn't believe how many times CJ was tackled behind the LOS. It seemed like GB knew the exact play was coming.

I don't know if it's surprising, per se, but it's interesting to watch QBs (both great and mediocre) get hot against Ryan's defense and for Ryan to consistently never have an answer.

This only happens to Rex.  Never with other coaches.  Ever.  Only Rex.

We were a free flowing offense till the first Vick play. If i was Marty I would take all the plays in the Vick package and make a bonfire out of it. While we are at it lets just burn all the WildCat plays.

Is it Rex or Marty that loves these plays so much?  I can see using one once in the whole season but twice a game? GTFO 

Archived