Ya know, I usually sit there saying, ya, ya, ya, I've seen that..

SouthernJet

I give up. We clearly see football through different eyes. We changed the momentum of game by taking away Mo from us at halftime to GB having it at halftime, which was vital. Every future scenario/scoring chance changed by that new data point in algorithm.

To me, it was clearly idiotic to risk Momentum in a tuf stadium vs great QB. Try endzone throw with less than 30 seconds or so on clock if you want, but that early with Rodgers on sideline, uhuh, is not the smart move.

That's fine. I'll still stand by my other 3 points. And the 4th points are still the Jets biggest issues-and have been for 6 yrs.

Rex was such a breath of fresh air post Mangina and that BS read and react $hit.  Been a fan of his shift toward attacking football. I've liked Rex and thought the bitching about him was for the most part silly. 

I've read lots of the comments about discipline.  Not so that sure discipline is the issue as much as Rex not being being in control.  In the absence of strong leadership, folks run wild.

Sheldon shouldn't have felt that the team "needed help" calling a timeout. It's the HC's job.

On a fourth down for the game, there shouldn't be an OC second guessing about the play call.

The 10 and 12 men issues - not a problem with a discipline.  Its a problem with confusion and there is way too much confusion stemming from too many folks trying to take leadership where there is a lack of leadership from a HC.

Carbon Monoxide would have been a breathe of fresh air after Mangini.

Lack of discipline, people not knowing, communicating and doing their jobs, and Rex not being in control all fall under the same general bucket of issues. Rex is a sloppy goon who thinks he is a player and has learned nothing as a head coach other than how to self-preserver. I don't think we need to split hairs.

i did not realize only HC could call timeout. rex needs to have his DC stand next to him on defense and OC stand next to him on offense. so they can turn their head and say "coach, our guys are out of position. i do heartily recommend that thou dost calleth a timeout," rather then running down the field like a crazy man doing jumping jacks screaming "TIMEOUT! TIMEOUT!!!!" i should charge for this advice.

Now we know how Chris Webber felt.

I give up. We clearly see football through different eyes. We changed the momentum of game by taking away Mo from us at halftime to GB having it at halftime, which was vital. Every future scenario/scoring chance changed by that new data point in algorithm. 

To me, it was clearly idiotic to risk Momentum in a tuf stadium vs great QB. Try endzone throw with less than 30 seconds or so on clock if you want, but that early with Rodgers on sideline, uhuh, is not the smart move.

some people see real football as madden game, SJ. not worth the effort.

Johnny-I knew the Jets were going to lose that game when they were up 21-3

No kidding I turned to a Packers fan at that point and said if one team can blow this lead it's.the Jets. As for the TO I was like SJ went from going crazy to just stunned disbelief. At halftime after that long drive I knew we were doomed. You never get used to it.

Not for nothing but talked an older gentleman as I was leaving the stadium with about 2 minutes to go and he echoed SJs opinion on the end of the 1st half almost word for word.

SJ was screaming the same thing when geno was dropping back

Is Knowledgeable the same as hindsight?

Hindsight? Every fan where I was BEFORE the throw was saying same thing, milk clock, DO NOT let Rodgers get ball again, run or throw screens thats cant be picked, and only throw deep if less than 30 seconds on clock..

Its basic strategy, not this macho crap of always go on 4th down, always go deep, always try to score quick. Sometimes with a lead vs great team on road its becomes a chess match not a Gladiator contest.

Archived