Jets entire offense is out of the shotgun

Matt39

Not sure if this falls on Geno not being comfortable under center or whatnot...but it just doesnt seem like a Rex Ryan type of team. We're still lacking identity...Geno's improved a ton- but with Decker being out playing the entire game from the gun with mediocre at best receivers seems silly.

We should be lining up and running Ivory behind Bohanon minimum 15 times a game. This personnel isnt good enough to sling it all over the field out of the shotgun. Teams are keying in on Ivory when we line up under center now as its a dead giveaway.

Bilal Powell needs some more run too. He's got way more jump in his legs than Johnson. Every time he touched the ball yesterday looked like he was playing Madden on speed burst.

lol like that embarassing direct snap play

dear marty: stop being cute. no wildcat. no direct snaps. none of that sh*t. we don't have a percy harvin on this team. oh and only one QB a game, please.

Bilal Powell needs some more run too. He's got way more jump in his legs than Johnson. Every time he touched the ball yesterday looked like he was playing Madden on speed burst.

Would agree there. Oline was pretty weak run blocking yesterday. Powell was creating yards for himself. If Johnson doesnt get to the outside or the second level he's useless.

Not sure if this falls on Geno not being comfortable under center or whatnot...but it just doesnt seem like a Rex Ryan type of team. We're still lacking identity...Geno's improved a ton- but with Decker being out playing the entire game from the gun with mediocre at best receivers seems silly.

We should be lining up and running Ivory behind Bohanon minimum 15 times a game. This personnel isnt good enough to sling it all over the field out of the shotgun. Teams are keying in on Ivory when we line up under center now as its a dead giveaway.

Exactly, what ground and pound team has 100% snaps from the gun? I'd be okay with it if we had one more good receiver. 

I kind of like the shotgun.   If anything, I'd like to see more read option out of the shotgun - I'm not sure why the Jets went away from it yesterday.   I don't think the Packers ever stopped it, MM just stopped calling it. 

Yeah, they are trying to play to Smith's strengths.  he didn't play under center at all in college, and seldom did last year.  i had hoped he would have developed some skill in the off season from under center.   Clearly he is still much more comfortable in the gun.  

Your right, it tips certain plays off.

CJ is garbage.  I don't want him touching the ball before Ivory or Powell.

Archived