Condi Rice a good bet to emerge as new Commissioner

SouthernJet

“If he lied to the American people, he has to step down,” said Kirsten Gillibrand, a Democrat senator for New York.

Now that's funny - maybe he should apply this rule to his fellow dems.

That quote is just funny in how out of touch some politicians are. The American people? What a line.

But the NFLs growing fanbase is women.

Could be the smart move. Condi is sharp no doubt about that.

Possibly, but they don't spend money on useless Jets merchandise and gear like men do.

They'll wait for it to go on sale or hit clearance first. 

"Look at this awesome Vilma jersey I found at Marshall's!" 

Possibly, but they don't spend money on useless Jets merchandise and gear like men do.

They'll wait for it to go on sale or hit clearance first. 

"Look at this awesome Vilma jersey I found at Marshall's!" 

Im good with 1 jersey. That's all I need.

Women want and need the latest version of attire to keep up with their friends. They'll have jerseys stacked up like pairs of shoes.

Condi's a polarizing figure who's been angling for this job for a long time. I don't think the owners would want to hire someone who's been openly talking about wanting this job for a long time. Ordinarily, I'd think the polarizing thing would be a negative, too, but if they were to make an imminent change, they may like the idea of the Condi headlines being the big NFL news instead of domestic violence.

But the owners are already very publicly, firmly behind Goodell. He makes them beaucoup dollars. They like that.

Condi's a polarizing figure who's been angling for this job for a long time. I don't think the owners would want to hire someone who's been openly talking about wanting this job for a long time. Ordinarily, I'd think the polarizing thing would be a negative, too, but if they were to make an imminent change, they may like the idea of the Condi headlines being the big NFL news instead of domestic violence.

But the owners are already very publicly, firmly behind Goodell. He makes them beaucoup dollars. They like that.

Whenever you give a position of power to a polarizing figure who lobbies for the job, disaster usually ensues.  :winking0001:

I will admit, I admire Condi Rice, she is affable and a really intelligent person. I liked her role in the GWB presidency and honestly, one of the few that were likable in that crew. Will she become commish? Probably not...why? Well, as long as the sponsors and the fans continue to go to the games then Goddell is safe. If, and its a huge if, the fans stay away from the stadiums and corps. start backing away from the NFL then you could see a replacement to Goddell. However, under Goddell's stewardship the NFL has become even bigger......so it would take a lot. Can he do a better job? Probably, but right now there is no way they dump him unless the cash flow starts dwindling rapidly, then the owners will revolt and he would be out.  I am sure that if he is let go he has a "golden parachute" contract provision.

LL

P.S. I find it LAUGHABLE that a senator of the US GOVT is calling on Goddell to resign because he may have lied when people WE HAVE ELECTED lie all the time, go on fancy vacations called "junkets" and don't even participate in OBAMACARE like everyone else. These ELECTED truth tellers then leave gov't and join LOBBYING firms to lobby their ex-coworkers OR join shadow banking institutions (Hello Mr. Cantor). SO please, gov't officials, stop grandstanding on the NFL issues when our gov't is a train wreck and we can't even institute simple tax reform.

I will admit, I admire Condi Rice, she is affable and a really intelligent person. I liked her role in the GWB presidency and honestly, one of the few that were likable in that crew. Will she become commish? Probably not...why? Well, as long as the sponsors and the fans continue to go to the games then Goddell is safe. If, and its a huge if, the fans stay away from the stadiums and corps. start backing away from the NFL then you could see a replacement to Goddell. However, under Goddell's stewardship the NFL has become even bigger......so it would take a lot. Can he do a better job? Probably, but right now there is no way they dump him unless the cash flow starts dwindling rapidly, then the owners will revolt and he would be out.  I am sure that if he is let go he has a "golden parachute" contract provision.

LL

P.S. I find it LAUGHABLE that a senator of the US GOVT is calling on Goddell to resign because he may have lied when people WE HAVE ELECTED lie all the time, go on fancy vacations called "junkets" and don't even participate in OBAMACARE like everyone else. These ELECTED truth tellers then leave gov't and join LOBBYING firms to lobby their ex-coworkers OR join shadow banking institutions (Hello Mr. Cantor). SO please, gov't officials, stop grandstanding on the NFL issues when our gov't is a train wreck and we can't even institute simple tax reform.

RJF belongs to a shadow banking organization!!?!?!??!!  :eek:

Archived