I hate myself for starting this thread

AFJF

Because I generally hate threads that look forward to the off-season when the season is so young, and this is not a doomsday "the season is over, what are we going to do in the off-season" thread, but something I thought about the other day and it keeps popping in to my head.

It's rare to see young players with elite talent hit free-agency because their teams usually get them locked up so it's silly to even talk about it.  However, at a postion of need, one of the top players in the game is due to see free agency and he has said that he'd test the market if he wasn't signed by week one.

So, no matter how you feel about the Jets' willingness to spend, under the new CBA they will be forced to do so.

If  you're the Jets, and he stays true to his word and tests free agnecy, how hard should the Jets pursue Dez Bryant?

He's not getting out of Dallas.

But the Jets will be picking top 10 next season so maybe they can find one of their own?  Amari Cooper?  Sammi Coates?  Those dudes could be elite at the position.

The season isnt over, but the Jets are about to go on a 5 game losing streak so its a good time to start talking about it. 

But the Jets will be picking top 10 next season so maybe they can find one of their own?  Amari Cooper?  Sammi Coates?  Those dudes could be elite at the position.

The season isnt over, but the Jets are about to go on a 5 game losing streak so its a good time to start talking about it. 

Top 10? 

We will win 8-9 games, if luck falls on our side, 10.

Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas are both FA's. I'd imagine the Broncos are in wait and see with Peyton's future. Both are no brainers to pursue.

Dez is a prima donna bitch at times, but the guy is a baller. Randall Cobb is a FA.

Jordan Cameron is also a FA. Since were saving we better be looking to make a splash offensively this offseason.

Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas are both FA's. I'd imagine the Broncos are in wait and see with Peyton's future. Both are no brainers to pursue.

Dez is a prima donna bitch at times, but the guy is a baller. Randall Cobb is a FA.

Jordan Cameron is also a FA. Since were saving we better be looking to make a splash offensively this offseason.

Yeah, definitely some top talent due to hit FA, but Bryant is the only one I've heard about (supposedly) saying he'd test the market if not signed by week 1.  Of course if Dallas comes at him with an insane offer he'll probably take it, but in all honesty, why wouldn't a guy in  his position hit the market and create a bidding war at this point?

You also have to consider who is the GM of this team is, and if he couldn't see that the CB position was in dire straits even during the off season we can't expect him to spend another dime on the WR position, especially after signing the guy from Denver

This, we can agree on.

You also have to consider who is the GM of this team is, and if he couldn't see that the CB position was in dire straits even during the off season we can't expect him to spend another dime on the WR position, especially after signing the guy from Denver

Then he's got to go. Team needs a guy who can get deep badly. Dez and Demaryius, if available...need to be pursued. Both are superstars. The team lacks one.

The Jets are going to skin the Bears this week, if there's one thing that we all know about Jay Cutler is he HATES taking shots and if the Jets hit him that way they were hitting Rodgers on Sunday Cutler will pull himself out of the game and the DLine will be on a mission this week to make amends and Wilkerson will get a couple of sacks Coples 2, pace and Richardson 1 each and 1 each from 2 LBers. That's right guys I'm calling for an 8 sack week and a Jets win

Then he's got to go. Team needs a guy who can get deep badly. Dez and Demaryius, if available...need to be pursued. Both are superstars. The team lacks one.

he ain't goin' nowhere Matt, he's doing what the boss tells him to do, if Woody can save 5-10 million a year that's what he'll want Idzik to do, and the dude will abide

he ain't goin' nowhere Matt, he's doing what the boss tells him to do, if Woody can save 5-10 million a year that's what he'll want Idzik to do, and the dude will abide

I'm just holding out hope that there's a plan here. I'm going with the we avoided spending this offseason because we saw the guys coming available in 2015. Unless Amaro turns into Mark Bavarro overnight....ppl are going to be getting at Idzik for this draft. Decker going down leaves us exactly where we were last year...the worst WR corp in football.

Because I generally hate threads that look forward to the off-season when the season is so young, and this is not a doomsday "the season is over, what are we going to do in the off-season" thread, but something I thought about the other day and it keeps popping in to my head.

It's rare to see young players with elite talent hit free-agency because their teams usually get them locked up so it's silly to even talk about it.  However, at a postion of need, one of the top players in the game is due to see free agency and he has said that he'd test the market if he wasn't signed by week one.

So, no matter how you feel about the Jets' willingness to spend, under the new CBA they will be forced to do so.

If  you're the Jets, and he stays true to his word and tests free agnecy, how hard should the Jets pursue Dez Bryant?

Cant they franchise tag him? I know they are up on the cap but he is a top 5 receiver

The Jets would seem to have to pursue a WR in free agency next year based on the fact that they're unwilling or unable to draft one. But the position is complicated next year. Not only did they just sign Decker to a fairly large deal, but they have Jeremy Kerley due for a new contract next season, too. So are the Jets willing to have three WRs on free agent contracts all at once? Do they let Kerley go and pursue a different free agent? That would be a pretty risky move, especially if the way Idzik failed to close on a CB this past offseason is any indication.

LOL

Welcome back Sam

I'm glad to be back.  It was getting tired defending this sh*t hole organization and the worst Head Coach the league has ever known.

This season is over, 2015 here we come!!!

I really want Amari Cooper.  Think he'll be an absolute stud in Bevell's system.

I'm glad to be back.  It was getting tired defending this sh*t hole organization and the worst Head Coach the league has ever known.

This season is over, 2015 here we come!!!

I really want Amari Cooper.  Think he'll be an absolute stud in Bevell's system.

That's the spirit 

Guys...its one loss. Let's see where we are after game 4 or game 8 or game 12...the jets will do better so lets not jump off the ship yet...

LL, before the season started I said if the Jets could have some luck, some breaks, some crucial calls go their way, some balls to bounce up into their arms, some dropped INTs to be caught then we could be a championship team, because that's exactly what it takes to win one-luck, breaks, and calls. Unfortunately looking at the first two weeks the Jets haven't gotten ANY of these things to happen for them and they are still 1-1. Look, I truly believe that they are going to make mincred meat out of Cutler this week and rout the Bears by 3 TDs, who knows maybe the next few weeks we get to see the Jets getting thier fair share instead of always being the other way around .

In a bizarre turn of events the jets will win 3 out of 4 in this upcoming stretch but get swept by the bills beat by tenesee take one of 2 from Miami and new England to end up 9-7 missing the playoffs by a tie breaker with the bills, feel good buffalo story continues via postseason berth

Archived