Now that we have an offense....

BroadwayJets

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Response full of snide crap and insistence that you're right and I'm wrong. Definitely seems like you don't want to argue.

Your right. It just comes naturally, I can get pretty annoying.  :biggrin: Out of total objectivity, my point and yours brushed aside, a second look at the game really helps. Not saying you missed anything, just saying that I did when I watched it without passion, anger, beer etc. I saw a bunch of little things that I missed watching it live.

Your right. It just comes naturally, I can get pretty annoying.  :biggrin: Out of total objectivity, my point and yours brushed aside, a second look at the game really helps. Not saying you missed anything, just saying that I did when I watched it without passion, anger, beer etc. I saw a bunch of little things that I missed watching it live.

Fair enough.

I don't want to re-watch it though. I saw the missed tackles, the plays where Pryor was late, bad angles, hesitation, etc. It is part of the problem, but I stand by what I said also, Rex has established a very evident history of getting conservative and coughing up leads.

I hate to say this, but for as good as this defense can be, they are anything but clutch. Maybe that wasn't on its fullest display vs. Green Bay, but given the outcome, it's fair to talk about the Green Bay game as a symptom of a larger, reoccurring issue.

Fair enough.

I don't want to re-watch it though. I saw the missed tackles, the plays where Pryor was late, bad angles, hesitation, etc. It is part of the problem, but I stand by what I said also, Rex has established a very evident history of getting conservative and coughing up leads.

I hate to say this, but for as good as this defense can be, they are anything but clutch. Maybe that wasn't on its fullest display vs. Green Bay, but given the outcome, it's fair to talk about the Green Bay game as a symptom of a larger, reoccurring issue.

I don't disagree. For whatever reason this defense is as somebody on here said before, consistently inconsistent. In the same segment that I referred to in my earlier post, the guys on ESPN radio were interviewing Steve Young about the Jets and he seemed genuinely excited about them. They were trying to get him to sh*t on the Jets for their overall sloppiness but he didn't bite. He was talking about how with the limited amount of practice time the preseason really extends through the end of September. My hope is that both the D and O steadily improve as the season wears on and their experience playing together as a whole increases. Maybe I just sound like a pathetic Jet fan but I'm. Really just happy to see progress especially on O. I thought we'd. Never get it figured out.

Yes. A mixture of all of this. It really seemed like Marty was trying to protect the lead on offense rather than extend it. 

Yes the playcalling and basically everything on O took a big step back in the second half, but as often is the case, it started with an agressive call in the end of the first half. Instead of the run with so little time left on the clock and at worst a FG, he chose the pass. Marty could not do anything about the bad pass protection or the hit that made the throw go slow and short of course. Neither could he anticipate the lack of work from Sudfeld as in receiving the ball or at least go for a incomplete pass. BUT, that playcall was just stupid and kind of set us up for the sh*tstorm to come.

Of course it didn´t help that just about everybody took a few steps back in the other half. I would say that Geno was the least bad in the second half. Yeah, him, Kerley and a few others was pretty good even then. 

Your wrong. You heard the "experts" on ESPN radio. Your heating up their leftovers and serving it as you're own. I heard them talking (don't know who it was, I rarely listen to ESPN radio)about the game saying Rex went into prevent defense and the league is catching on. If you watch the game again, that's a load of sh*t. Rex was bringing pressure, he was switching up looks, he was playing man. The bottom line is that our pass rush slowed down in the second half and our DBs just weren't making plays on the ball or tackling the way they did against Oakland. Combine this fact with a bunch of ill timed penalties, timeoutgate and we have ourselves a late game collapse. Three plays in particular that really stood out to me. On the 97 yard drive, Davante Adams beating Allen on a slant route to put the packers inside the 5. The play after that Rex rushes 6 or 7, if Rodgers doesn't get the ball out in 1 second he's a dead man. Kyle Wilson playing the slot standing on the goal line. Balls snapped he backs up 2 yards as Cobb runs towards him providing just enough space for ARod to get the ball out before he gets crushed TD pack. The most obvious other play is the Nelson 80 TD that no one is talking about. Pryor missed the tackle and Dee was beaten badly. If Pryor makes that tackle that would've given the D a handful of chances to stop them. So no, the "experts" love to oversimplify problems because it makes their jobs easier, but we didn't lose because of Rex's supposed tendency to play prevent defense. We lost because we couldn't tackle, couldn't make any plays on the ball, and our pass rush slowed significantly in the second half.

I can add that I read somewhere that Wilson got beat on every time he was thrown at (4 of 4). And it did not help to say goodbye to Mo either.

I'm sorry if my paragraph break-free style offended you, as if somehow that diminished the point I was trying to make.

Is this better?

I didn't actually think I'd change your mind, I just had to get that off my chest.

I'm sure you don't watch ESPN. Really, I believe you..

I'm not talking about Rex's "long history".

I'm talking about the Packers game.

I'm not going to argue with you.

Just re-watch it. Tell me what you think.

I mustered up the courage to do it last night. What I took from it was that the defense as a whole did not execute, tackle, rush the passer, or cover anyone starting with the 97 yard drive not because Rex kept the D in prevent.

And yet the game began with a fumble recovery and two quick sacks. Add to it 3 TD´s and I almost sh*t myself out of exitement.

Que sera sera..

We need another receiver to step up before I am willing to go so far as to say we have a good offense.  

I know its only 2 games, but so far Salas and Nelson have shown nothing and I don't think Hakim and Saunders have gotten any offensive snaps -- or if they did its very few.  6 receivers on the roster and only two who make plays -- I expected a lot more than we have seen so far out of Nelson.  He seemed to have developed some chemistry with Geno last season.  Based upon the numbers above, he has only been targeted twice in 2 games.  If Decker is hurt, then we are right back where we were last year.

Think about how bad our 3 WR draft picks must be to sit behind Salas and Nelson.  

Oh, there's not doubt that Rex saw the lead, and we went into his signature prevent style of D that ALWAYS lets teams back in games, while the offense was instructed to "take the air out of the ball" which ALWAYS leads to predictable run plays for 2 yards, and failed wildcat gimmick sh*t.

Word is out on Rex's tendencies.

Did they give up that 80 yard pass while playing prevent d? Come on man.

Yes the playcalling and basically everything on O took a big step back in the second half, but as often is the case, it started with an agressive call in the end of the first half. Instead of the run with so little time left on the clock and at worst a FG, he chose the pass. Marty could not do anything about the bad pass protection or the hit that made the throw go slow and short of course. Neither could he anticipate the lack of work from Sudfeld as in receiving the ball or at least go for a incomplete pass. BUT, that playcall was just stupid and kind of set us up for the sh*tstorm to come.

Of course it didn´t help that just about everybody took a few steps back in the other half. I would say that Geno was the least bad in the second half. Yeah, him, Kerley and a few others was pretty good even then. 

Can't blame the coaching for the pick. Sudfeld was wide open, and if he didn't get hit it may have been a touchdown. If anything we can blame Sudfeld for not trying for the ball/trying to swat it down. Should have been an incomplete pass or touchdown. Then we would have been up 28-9. Which we would have all been happy with. 

being a jets fan is painful enough without rewatching losses. don't know how you do it

Fair enough.

Rex sucks and his defense is terrible and is being saved by a loaded roster....but 2 times in the 4th quarter they forced 3 and outs and they had a pick called back for no good reason.  Maybe not clutch, but definitely giving the offense a chance late in the game.

Your wrong. You heard the "experts" on ESPN radio. Your heating up their leftovers and serving it as you're own. I heard them talking (don't know who it was, I rarely listen to ESPN radio)about the game saying Rex went into prevent defense and the league is catching on. If you watch the game again, that's a load of sh*t. Rex was bringing pressure, he was switching up looks, he was playing man. The bottom line is that our pass rush slowed down in the second half and our DBs just weren't making plays on the ball or tackling the way they did against Oakland. Combine this fact with a bunch of ill timed penalties, timeoutgate and we have ourselves a late game collapse. Three plays in particular that really stood out to me. On the 97 yard drive, Davante Adams beating Allen on a slant route to put the packers inside the 5. The play after that Rex rushes 6 or 7, if Rodgers doesn't get the ball out in 1 second he's a dead man. Kyle Wilson playing the slot standing on the goal line. Balls snapped he backs up 2 yards as Cobb runs towards him providing just enough space for ARod to get the ball out before he gets crushed TD pack. The most obvious other play is the Nelson 80 TD that no one is talking about. Pryor missed the tackle and Dee was beaten badly. If Pryor makes that tackle that would've given the D a handful of chances to stop them. So no, the "experts" love to oversimplify problems because it makes their jobs easier, but we didn't lose because of Rex's supposed tendency to play prevent defense. We lost because we couldn't tackle, couldn't make any plays on the ball, and our pass rush slowed significantly in the second half.     Blah blah blah tl;dr

* You're

Rex sucks and his defense is terrible and is being saved by a loaded roster....but 2 times in the 4th quarter they forced 3 and outs and they had a pick called back for no good reason.  Maybe not clutch, but definitely giving the offense a chance late in the game.

12 men on the field was a good reason. The "no good" part of it is that teams quick snap against us a TON because they can catch us making sloppy, slow transitions. Which would obviously be everyone but Rex's fault.

12 men on the field was a good reason. The "no good" part of it is that teams quick snap against us a TON because they can catch us making sloppy, slow transitions. Which would obviously be everyone but Rex's fault.

Yeah, Rex sucks.  But still the defense because the players >>> the coach, did come up with those stops either way in the 4th giving the offense a chance to score, which they did but....ya know, Rex sucks.

Can't blame the coaching for the pick. Sudfeld was wide open, and if he didn't get hit it may have been a touchdown. If anything we can blame Sudfeld for not trying for the ball/trying to swat it down. Should have been an incomplete pass or touchdown. Then we would have been up 28-9. Which we would have all been happy with.

No it was many bad parts of that play. But he opened up for a potential disaster and we paid for it.

Yeah, Rex sucks.  But still the defense because the players >>> the coach, did come up with those stops either way in the 4th giving the offense a chance to score, which they did but....ya know, Rex sucks.

You know Rex is also responsible for the offense, right? I mean, it's sort of implied by him not being a coordinator anymore.

You know Rex is also responsible for the offense, right? I mean, it's sort of implied by him not being a coordinator anymore.

Rex sucks.  We've established that.  I'm just talking about the overall effort of the defense who despite their terrible Head Coach, came up with 2 huge 3 and outs in the 4th quarter giving the offense (that sucks because of Rex) another chance to tie the game.

It was kind of clutch.  It wasnt like a pick 6 or fumble strip sack 6 which would be totally clutch and impossible because they're coached by Rex Ryan but still kind of clutch, no? 

Just trying to give the loaded defense some credit for playing well in the 4th despite their terrible Head Coach.

Think about how bad our 3 WR draft picks must be to sit behind Salas and Nelson.  

One is out for the season but even if he comes back next season  he is bringing his butterfingers with him, another is on the Practice Squad and being investigated for Domestic Violence and third one might actually be the MVP in midget little people league.

One is out for the season but even if he comes back next season he is bringing his butterfingers with him, another is on the Practice Squad and being investigated for Domestic Violence and third one might actually be the MVP in midget little people league.

This is sad.

that article says they stayed in 4-3...

Ah, the author updated it to say his original article was wrong. Apparently the switch wasn't from 4-3 to 3-4 but rather from "quads" to a 4-3 "resembling a 3-4."

This is the look that tripped me up when I wrote The Takeaway. The Packers' defensive line is shifted over, placing Peppers directly over New York's right tackle, Guion at the three-tech, Daniels shaded over the left shoulder of the center, and Mike Neal at the Leo or "Elephant" as Green Bay refers to it. The linebackers perform a counter shift to move strongside linebacker Clay Matthews further from center, with A.J. Hawk and Jamari Lattimore shifting to fill the gaps.

This alignment, the 4-3 Under, looks and operates much like the Packers' traditional 3-4, but it allows for greater flexibility with personnel.

Your wrong. You heard the "experts" on ESPN radio. Your heating up their leftovers and serving it as you're own. I heard them talking (don't know who it was, I rarely listen to ESPN radio)about the game saying Rex went into prevent defense and the league is catching on. If you watch the game again, that's a load of sh*t. Rex was bringing pressure, he was switching up looks, he was playing man. The bottom line is that our pass rush slowed down in the second half and our DBs just weren't making plays on the ball or tackling the way they did against Oakland. Combine this fact with a bunch of ill timed penalties, timeoutgate and we have ourselves a late game collapse. Three plays in particular that really stood out to me. On the 97 yard drive, Davante Adams beating Allen on a slant route to put the packers inside the 5. The play after that Rex rushes 6 or 7, if Rodgers doesn't get the ball out in 1 second he's a dead man. Kyle Wilson playing the slot standing on the goal line. Balls snapped he backs up 2 yards as Cobb runs towards him providing just enough space for ARod to get the ball out before he gets crushed TD pack. The most obvious other play is the Nelson 80 TD that no one is talking about. Pryor missed the tackle and Dee was beaten badly. If Pryor makes that tackle that would've given the D a handful of chances to stop them. So no, the "experts" love to oversimplify problems because it makes their jobs easier, but we didn't lose because of Rex's supposed tendency to play prevent defense. We lost because we couldn't tackle, couldn't make any plays on the ball, and our pass rush slowed significantly in the second half.

Of course it's a load of sh*t, they are also saying they went to a 3-4 cause they read an article, which has now been updated to say a  4-3 under.. 

Some of the same folks complaining about us going conservative are the ones complaining about going for the throat before the half. Definitely NOT conservative.

It's all skewed and results based, not to be taken seriously

The reality is that the Geno got cold as hell and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, recievers were open. It's simply impossible to run a successful offense, aggressive, conservative or otherwise when your QB is playing like that

Of course it's a load of sh*t, they are also saying they went to a 3-4 cause they read an article, which has now been updated to say a  4-3 under.. 

Some of the same folks complaining about us going conservative are the ones complaining about going for the throat before the half. Definitely NOT conservative.

It's all skewed and results based, not to be taken seriously

The reality is that the Geno got cold as hell and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, recievers were open. It's simply impossible to run a successful offense, aggressive, conservative or otherwise when your QB is playing like that

He missed Kerley once. Decker dropped a touchdown. The receiving corp is dreadful...stop blaming the QB for everything. The defense fell apart...Geno was our best player against Green Bay.

He missed Kerley once. Decker dropped a touchdown. The receiving corp is dreadful...stop blaming the QB for everything. The defense fell apart...Geno was our best player against Green Bay.

Yeah. Given what he has to work with, Geno is playing quite well. An injury to Decker (already happening) or Kerley, and the team is screwed.

The receiving corp is terrible, but Geno was a different player after the INT. Sorry you couldn't see it

The defense fell apart cause they were facing a top 5 QB, at home, with an offense that was going three and out drive after drive

The receiving corp is terrible, but Geno was a different player after the INT. Sorry you couldn't see it

The defense fell apart cause they were facing a top 5 QB, at home, with an offense that was going three and out drive after drive

The offense gave the defense a 3 TD lead. Defense doesnt force turnovers ever....the offense isnt the problem anymore, even with horrible skill players other than Ivory and Decker.

The offense gave the defense a 3 TD lead. Defense doesnt force turnovers ever....the offense isnt the problem anymore, even with horrible skill players other than Ivory and Decker.

18 pt lead, 7 of which were the direct result of a defensive TO.  

21 points isn't enough to beat the packers at home in good weather, you need to score more.. our offense took the entire second half off

The new rules have made it almost impossible to play defense against a good offense

The Jets may've trotted out the worst CBs in the NFL the first two weeks of the season. Pretty surprising when a guy like Aaron Rogers has success against slugs like that.

Archived