Wilkerson confirm refs favoring Packers

DRJETS

Wilkerson thinks the Jets were facing more adversity than just the Packers at Lambeau Field on Sunday. He insinuated on WFAN that the referees were favoring the home team in Sunday’s 31-24 loss in which Wilkerson was thrown out for throwing punches.

“Rex (Ryan) told us it was our sideline versus everybody in that stadium, including the refs,” Wilkerson said. “There’s nothing we could do about that.”

Wilkerson was ejected following a skirmish after a two-point conversion in the third quarter that put the Packers up, 24-21. Both he and Richardson were penalized on the play, but no Packers were flagged, which Wilkerson said “shocked” him.  (NYDN)

On the game thread, I asked the same question why didn't the guy who took Richardson's helmet off wasn't penalized at the time?  And so many others blatant calls like the Jets called for encroachment on third down when it was actually Rodgers's fault, resulting in first down and then 3 points.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the most lop-sided officiating I've seen in a long time.  Just a very bizarre game.  But that's is what you get when Rex is the Head Coach.  Everyone hates him and is against him so you cant expect to get calls or breaks.  Couple that with the fact he's a terrible Head Coach and the result is a 5-11 season.  

Amari Cooper and a badass Head Coach in 2015, baby!!!

Andrew Luck on the uncalled hold/PI that led to the interception vs. the Eagles, that resulted in them winning: "It was an interception."

Rex Ryan on his "we want to be the bully" Jets being on the wrong side of Referee perception after punching Packers players: "The refs screwed us."

It's pretty pathetic that instead of tearing Mo a new a$$hole, he essentially pat him on the head, told him it wasn't his fault and that it was the refs fault. Who wants to argue about accountability and discipline today? Any takers?

It was the most lop-sided officiating I've seen in a long time.  Just a very bizarre game.  But that's is what you get when Rex is the Head Coach.  Everyone hates him and is against him so you cant expect to get calls or breaks.  Couple that with the fact he's a terrible Head Coach and the result is a 5-11 season.  

Amari Cooper and a badass Head Coach in 2015, baby!!!

Agreed and probably is the norm why playing in GB.  I understand Rodgers is great but how can you go freaking 25-2 without a lot of help from the refs. 

On another note,  you gave up on Rex. :disgust:

Andrew Luck on the uncalled hold/PI that led to the interception vs. the Eagles, that resulted in them winning: "It was an interception."

Rex Ryan on his "we want to be the bully" Jets being on the wrong side of Referee perception after punching Packers players: "The refs screwed us."

It's pretty pathetic that instead of tearing Mo a new a$$hole, he essentially pat him on the head, told him it wasn't his fault and that it was the refs fault. Who wants to argue about accountability and discipline today? Any takers?

Andrew Luck when he's not in front of the cameras:  "Do you believe that bullsh-t?  It was clearly a fuc-- pass interference".

You're so entrenched in this new hate Rex campaign that you've lost all objectivity.  Your "points" are transparent nonsense and are laughably poor to anyone with a brain.

God have mercy on your stupid soul.

Wilkerson thinks the Jets were facing more adversity than just the Packers at Lambeau Field on Sunday. He insinuated on WFAN that the referees were favoring the home team in Sunday’s 31-24 loss in which Wilkerson was thrown out for throwing punches.

“Rex (Ryan) told us it was our sideline versus everybody in that stadium, including the refs,” Wilkerson said. “There’s nothing we could do about that.”

Wilkerson was ejected following a skirmish after a two-point conversion in the third quarter that put the Packers up, 24-21. Both he and Richardson were penalized on the play, but no Packers were flagged, which Wilkerson said “shocked” him.  (NYDN)

On the game thread, I asked the same question why didn't the guy who took Richardson's helmet off wasn't penalized at the time?  And so many others blatant calls like the Jets called for encroachment on third down when it was actually Rodgers's fault, resulting in first down and then 3 points.

This is a legitimate gripe. 

However, telling Mo it's the refs after he throws punches and is ejected is embarrassingly stupid.

Where did you get that he told MO that after the punches and ejection?  It seems more than likely that he said it while they were on the field, but hey embarrassingly stupid, etc, etc. 

Andrew Luck when he's not in front of the cameras:  "Do you believe that bullsh-t?  It was clearly a fuc-- pass interference".

You're so engrained in this new hate Rex campaign that you've lost all objectivity.  Your "points" are transparent nonsense and are laughably poor to anyone with a brain.

Damn!!!! Ape just got owned by Pac. 

Pac!

Idzick should read this and fire him immediately.  No reason to let him finish out the year.  Just let Marty take over.  He's the better coach anyway and Rex's defense sucks so its not like they're going to miss him.  Plus, Thurman runs the same systems so its not like they'll have to implement something new.

No takers,   :bs: The Colts got a ton of calls in their favor, on the other hand, the refs were favoring the Packers like they were betting on them instead of being neutral. 

Agreed and probably is the norm why playing in GB.  I understand Rodgers is great but how can you go freaking 25-2 without a lot of help from the refs. 

On another note,  you gave up on Rex. :disgust:

I've seen the light my friend.  Rex is the worst and he's holding this incredibly talented team down.

If we could only have someone like DButtman running the show we'd be SB contenders THIS year.  Such bs.

With the talent Idzick accumulated on this roster, literally anyone could with with them other than Rex.  The ******* moron Ape could take this game to the Super Bowl.  That's how loaded they are and how bad Rex is.

You're so entrenched in this new hate Rex campaign that you've lost all objectivity.  Your "points" are transparent nonsense and are laughably poor to anyone with a brain.

All you are doing is illustrating the point I'm making. Luck, a class act, keeps it in the locker room. Wilk, our best player, goes to the press. 

"New"?

I've been saying the same things about Rex since the day he got here. He's an embarrassment. Would I love him to win for us? Absolutely. Do I think he will, and do I have to like him just because he's just so likably likable? No ******* way. I think he's a moron. I think the points that defend him and his epic pursuit of mediocre are laughable. 

To date the only things people say about Rex that I agree with are 1.) he is likable, 2.) he is entertaining. Neither of those things have helped him win sh*t for us.

He's irresponsible with roster decisions, Woodhead, Mason, Holmes captain, Sanchez, Scotty McKnight, promising Coples we'd draft him, the Terminator, Plaxico, etc. all prove that.

He wets his pants with a lead. He may be a "good" defensive coach, but his defense is one of the least clutch units I've ever seen. It is easier to predict when his defense will bend over and give away a lead, than it is to predict the next dumb remark you'll make. 

I could keep going, but I really don't need to... you can keep your master motivator and his calamity of disorganization. I'll keep my expectations for something better. 

Not me.  I'm ignoring you until you come to the mafia forum and talk about non-Jets issues.   You are beyond repetitive and annoying.  

Not me.  I'm ignoring you until you come to the mafia forum and talk about non-Jets issues.   You are beyond repetitive and annoying.  

Well, that's because you don't like the message. 

I'm ahead of the curve on this stuff Crusher, always have been. I was with Mangini too. Sorry you don't like it, but this week, this is what is on my mind. 

Dont hold the Ape back, muffin top.  He's out here spewing the truth and helping people see the light.  Rex is being carried and propped up by an incredibly talented roster.  He literally brings nothing to the table, at all.

Well, that's because you don't like the message. 

I'm ahead of the curve on this stuff Crusher, always have been. I was with Mangini too. Sorry you don't like it, but this week, this is what is on my mind. 

Not true.  I actually agree with part of it.  I just don;t need to be reminded of the same thing over and over again.  

Dont hold the Ape back, muffin top.  He's out here spewing the truth and helping people see the light.  Rex is being carried and propped up by an incredibly talented roster.  He literally brings nothing to the table, at all.

Truth is Rex has his faults but he is also working in "realtime" with a team that has issues.  I just think we have to see a little more before we take a nose dive on Rex, the Jets and the season.  I feel like we are already 2-7 with the crap on this board.

Archived