Jets cornerback Dee Milliner says he's experiencing no tightness in his ankle

Apache 51

FLORHAM PARK -- The Jets have an extra day to get ready for Monday night's game against the Bears. Which is good news for injured wideout Eric Decker and cornerback Dee Milliner.

Decker, who hurt his hamstring in Sunday's loss to the Packers,couldn't say Wednesday whether he might be ready to go Monday night.

It's likewise too soon to tell for Milliner, who said he took part in some team drills after spending the portion of Wednesday's practice that was open to the media working with the team's trainers.

Milliner also said he wasn't experiencing any stiffness in his left ankle, which was the reason he removed himself from Sunday's gamein the third quarter. It was his first game back since he suffered a high ankle sprain more than a month ago. He played 40 of a possible 71 snaps.

"I have been doing good," Milliner said. "I'm still doing my treatment and my rehab, progressing day-in and day-out."

With the extra day this week, neither the Jets nor the Bears were required to release an official injury report on Wednesday. Jets head coach Rex Ryan said he was "hopeful" Decker and Milliner could play.

"[The trainers] seem to be feeling pretty confident that these guys can get better," Ryan said. "They’re already getting better since they left on Sunday."

D. Cosentino  9/18... 8: 30 AM

Milliners ready to go-- we're all good.

Should be a cake walk now. He can shut down his side of the field, do his nails, call Mom, scan for babes in the seats.

He scares the living daylight out of me!! He's gonna have 75000 sets of eyes on him to start this game Monday night.

If he were 100% healthy, I'd say were about to really find out about this kid, but his health will leave everybody wondering.

He has an opportunity here to show us an awful lot.... If he plays lights out, I know I'll feel very good, cause there's no way he 100% healthy

he's not experiencing anything with his ankle...so he just sucks?

When you have a high ankle sprain, you fall behind on conditioning. He barely got over the sprain before playing, there was absolutely no way he was in shape enough to run with Jordy Nelson all day, and we all got to see it.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but I think that with his type of injury, the pain he experienced last week could actually have been scar tissue breaking up, and it could have been helpful. It was said to be a "mild" high ankle sprain. The timeframe is about right -- I think he'll should be pretty much fully recovered. If he can knock the rust off, he should be in good form Monday.

Decker worries me. Hamstrings just don't heal without rest.

Jets CB Dee Milliner missed practice on Friday with a quad injury.

Milliner just got over a high-ankle sprain and returned to the lineup last week. His status for Week 3 against the Bears on Mondayy night is now in question. The Jets have surrendered the most fantasy points to opposing receivers. Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery should both eat, even if Milliner plays.

Good news for Milliner. 

50th year as Jets fan and I am so programmed for bad / once in lifetime news, it's only  a matter of time before one of out stars comes down with Elephantitis of the Balls.

Challenge for the uniform guys, thats for sure.

I'm pretty sure Rex has been suffering that since he got here....

Jets CB Dee Milliner missed practice on Friday with a quad injury.

Milliner just got over a high-ankle sprain and returned to the lineup last week. His status for Week 3 against the Bears on Mondayy night is now in question. The Jets have surrendered the most fantasy points to opposing receivers. Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery should both eat, even if Milliner plays.

Thanks Johnny!

Dee Milliner injures quad, might miss Monday Night Football against Bears

September 19, 2014 5:49 PM

By GREG LOGAN  greg.logan@newsday.com

Another injury to Jets cornerback Dee Milliner puts his playing status for Monday night's game against the Bears at MetLife Stadium in doubt. Milliner took part in positional drills during the portion of practice viewed by the media Friday, but coach Rex Ryan said a tight quadriceps muscle prevented Milliner from practicing.

Milliner was sidelined during training camp with a high ankle sprain but saw his first action last week at Green Bay when he came off the bench. The quadriceps is a new injury that Ryan said cropped up after Wednesday's practice.

Asked if he still believes Milliner will be able to play against the Bears, who feature the passing of Jay Cutler to big wide receivers Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery, Ryan said, "I'm hopeful, but the fact he didn't practice today is not a great sign. But I'm hopeful he'll play."

Green Bay overcame a 21-3 first-half deficit to score a 31-24 victory over the Jets, and Milliner struggled at times during the Packers' comeback. Ultimately, Milliner took himself off the field in favor of starting cornerback Antonio Allen.

But Jets defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman said Milliner's problems in Green Bay were not injury related.

"I don't think his physical condition was a hindrance," Thurman said Friday. "When a guy's on the football field, he's 100 percent. It's about playing your technique and fundamentals properly and doing what you're coached to do. That's where lack of gametime prep, when you haven't gotten the reps in, can hurt you.

"We're not down on Dee. He's got to come out and do the things being asked of him within the framework of the system, and playing your techniques properly is a big part of playing corner for the New York Jets."

Wide receiver Eric Decker [hamstring] is the only other Jet who was unable to participate in Friday's practice. He ran on the side and worked catching short passes from the trainers. Ryan said the lack of practice won't prevent Decker from playing if he physically is able.

"You'd like for your guys to practice, but if a guy can't, I'm not going to say he absolutely can't play," Ryan said. "If a guy doesn't practice and he's low man on the depth chart, then, he's not playing. But if he's a really good player, we're not going to back yourself into that corner."

The rest of the Jets' injuries included LB Nick Bellore, limited, hip; DB Josh Bush, full, quad; OL Willie Colon, limited, calf; LB Quinton Coples, full, elbow; LB AJ Edds, limited, hamstring; RB Chris Johnson, limited, ankle, and C Nick Mangold, limited, shoulder.

I defended dee all summer, but I'm close to being done with her

I love fans these days. Give up on players after a few games. 

Defensive Rookie of the month and a defensive player of the week award to end the season last season. Sure  he was awful to start last season and is battling a couple of injuries, but the kid has a ton of talent and has flashed that talent. If Troy Aikman was a rookie in the NFL this year and duplicated his rookie season, posters like you would be saying similar things about him. I am not ready to annoint him a HOF player, but young CBs usually take time to become stars. Patience..

Defensive Rookie of the month and a defensive player of the week award to end the season last season. Sure  he was awful to start last season and is battling a couple of injuries, but the kid has a ton of talent and has flashed that talent. If Troy Aikman was a rookie in the NFL this year and duplicated his rookie season, posters like you would be saying similar things about him. I am not ready to annoint him a HOF player, but young CBs usually take time to become stars. Patience..

star ?

star ?

LOL

she can't even practice without getting hurt

we're talkin about pracice

Millner is a soft football player with very little awareness.

I have no patience for him. Just another slacker that isn't learning or improving.

IMO, we are a worse defense when he is on the field. Our original lineup from week 1 is a stronger lineup.

Be done with him and move on. He's gonna lose games for us this year. You can argue (which I don't want to do again) that he lost the GB game. He's gonna get picked on again and I've seen nothing to show me he's gonna rise to the occasion.

Please prove me wrong, Dee-Dee.

With our secondary, jets entire defensive gameplan will likely revolve around getting to cutler. Remind me why didnt we sign demarcus ware???

We don't need Demarcus Ware. We need to get Calvin Pace off the field. We're not generating any pressure with a four-man rush because dummy refuses to put Coples and Babin on the field at the same time.

im with you but rex and this team has no time we are about to go 1-2

Archived