Former Jets draft pick Tajh Boyd is signing with the FXFL?

drocksthaparty

A new league has opened up and just a moment ago on Mike and Mike in the morning, the commissioner stated that Tajh Boyd has signed a contract with the FXFL. 

That is a developmental league for the NFL. 

Here is the video

Here is the video of Brian Woods of the new #FXFL on Mike and Mike this morning. Please Share http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/fxfl-commissioner-talks-mike-mike-radio-show-video/

The FXFL is an excellent idea, and I hope it works.  For this year it is going to be a 4 team 6 week league, composed of 40 players earning $1,000-1,200 a week.  There is a regional draft of players who were cut by NFL teams.

The purpose of the league is to develop raw players, and keep them in football shape in hopes of getting 25- 30%  of them signed to NFL rosters as the NFL year goes on, and to give players a chance to develop their football skills for camps next season.

In order for it to work the NFL has to contribute funds, as MLB does with it's minor league.  Makes good sense to me. Right now there is no funding by the NFL, think they should give it a try

When Rex writes a book "How to waste 5th and 6th round draft picks" Boyd is going to get a chapter of his own!

You are right and it's a 6th round pick so who cares. Those picks are usually wasted picks for players who might flash at you during camp but usually don't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right and it's a 6th round pick so who cares. Those picks are usually wasted picks for players who might flash at you during camp but usually don't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A sixth round comp pick. Sometimes it's a struggle to find things to complain about.

I hated the pick when they made it, but in all fairness the guy has a cannon for an arm

At one point in the season he was projected as a possible first rounder.  Dunno what happened after that, but it's not unusual that such players get chosen in the later rounds.  I suspect he didn't adjust to the system here, that's why he looked so bad.

At one point in the season he was projected as a possible first rounder.  Dunno what happened after that, but it's not unusual that such players get chosen in the later rounds.  I suspect he didn't adjust to the system here, that's why he looked so bad.

yeah before the season started he was rated as a potential 1st based on his arm strength.    As the  season progressed he showed no feel for the game.  Just didn't look like an NFL QB.  Maybe a couple of months in the new league will help him  a bit.

Doubt it though 

Does this leaguge have a T.V. contract.  If not who is going to see these players.  I guess the teams are going to send scouts to the games.

Plan is, The FXFL would like to get the NFL to subsidize the league the way MLB does with it's minor league teams.  They are not competing with the NFL, they want to be partners with the NFL to develop players for them 

When Rex writes a book "How to waste 5th and 6th round draft picks" Boyd is going to get a chapter of his own!

You beat me to it!

Chapter 1: Tahj Boyd, "Boyitellya, you played with my son, you're on the team!"

Chapter 2: Scotty McKnight, "Boyitella, you and Sanchez make such a cute couple, you're on the team!"

Chapter 3: John Connor, "BOOM, gosh, I tellyawhat, that kid can play based upon the one hit I saw him make on special teams, you're on the team!"

Okay... someone else finish... I've had too good a day to be this much of a prick.

Isn't that what the ncaa is for?

NCAA has about a thousand guys on the roster, and a few teams have one or two legit NFL prospects.  This league gives those guys with a legit shot, the opportunity to player tougher competition and develop their game.

Plan is, The FXFL would like to get the NFL to subsidize the league the way MLB does with it's minor league teams.  They are not competing with the NFL, they want to be partners with the NFL to develop players for them 

Ok... I understood that they are not trying to compete with the NFL, I was just wondering if you are trying to develop a minor league system, some one has to watch the devlopment of the players... given the affiliation is at the outset going to be realtively loose if any at all.

Ok... I understood that they are not trying to compete with the NFL, I was just wondering if you are trying to develop a minor league system, some one has to watch the devlopment of the players... given the affiliation is at the outset going to be realtively loose if any at all.

Absolutely.     If this were to work it would probably cost each NFL team, 2-3 million to develop role players.  Not many 5* players are going to come out of this.  

A $80,000 a year +- scout would be assigned to the 4-8 team league, who reported to the GM, or the director of player personnel.  

Think it is a real good idea as a place to sent players who have high potential, to play in a pro type system, to see if they can do it.

Plus if they use the MLB model of a cheap  admission fee, promo's like $1 beer night, to see almost NFL level talent, and about 25% of these guys will be on NFL rosters before the season is over, I'd sure be interested in spending a Wednesday night there .

Absolutely.     If this were to work it would probably cost each NFL team, 2-3 million to develop role players.  Not many 5* players are going to come out of this.  

A $80,000 a year +- scout would be assigned to the 4-8 team league, who reported to the GM, or the director of player personnel.  

Think it is a real good idea as a place to sent players who have high potential, to play in a pro type system, to see if they can do it.

Plus if they use the MLB model of a cheap  admission fee, promo's like $1 beer night, to see almost NFL level talent, and about 25% of these guys will be on NFL rosters before the season is over, I'd sure be interested in spending a Wednesday night there .

That was one of the premises behind NFL Europe.  The NFL would seed the teams with players, but I have a feeling you remember that.  At this point a player on a practice squad is going to make way more than any player in the FXFL league, so this could be a way of keeping the rights to a player without having them count on the roster or practice squad. 

That was one of the premises behind NFL Europe.  The NFL would seed the teams with players, but I have a feeling you remember that.  At this point a player on a practice squad is going to make way more than any player in the FXFL league, so this could be a way of keeping the rights to a player without having them count on the roster or practice squad. 

NFL Europe was a very expensive proposition, and heavily involved in international BS.  Another point of it was to promote the NFL in Europe, which often overpowered the development of players.

In the FXFL they would split the expense of a 2,000 seat stadium with a minor league baseball team, rather then renting a 60,000 seat stadium.  As you mentioned a player on a PS makes about $6,300 dollars a week. thense guys will make $1,000-1,200.  They will play on Wednesday night so as not to conflict with HS football (huge in Fl)  or NCAA.  The whole thing just sounds like a fairly cheap, fun thing.

NFL Europe was a very expensive proposition, and heavily involved in international BS.  Another point of it was to promote the NFL in Europe, which often overpowered the development of players.

In the FXFL they would split the expense of a 2,000 seat stadium with a minor league baseball team, rather then renting a 60,000 seat stadium.  As you mentioned a player on a PS makes about $6,300 dollars a week. thense guys will make $1,000-1,200.  They will play on Wednesday night so as not to conflict with HS football (huge in Fl)  or NCAA.  The whole thing just sounds like a fairly cheap, fun thing.

So arena league then? Why doesntnfl just make a deal with arena and be done with it

Sweet pick, Rex. Keep knocking them out of the park, big guy.

I can't blame Rex, he's in charge of the defense. Besides Tahj can throw the football a country mile, so that automatically means awesome. Marty and Idzik obviously failed him.

So arena league then? Why doesntnfl just make a deal with arena and be done with it

The arena game is nothing like the NFL.   That's the point get these guys to play in an NFL type system.  I read an article that said the coaches are instructed not to run any exotic NCAA type schemes

Archived