Oh, hey Mike Vick, how'd you feel about running 1-2 plays this week?

Integrity28

So... what you are really saying here is that Rex has made it part of our game plan to remove Geno, our budding you QB of the future, during momentum establishing drives, in favor of Vick, an over the hill JAG.

This doesn't make you question Rex at all? Really?

No Ape.  Nothing even close to do that. Stop trying to make my post fit your agenda. Its boring.

All I was saying is Vick has done nothing but failed.  He most likely prefers to just hang out, get paid and hope to God Geno does not go down.  

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Ape.  Nothing even close to do that. Stop trying to make my post fit your agenda. Its boring.

All I was saying is Vick has done nothing but failed.  He most likely prefers to just hang out, get paid and hope to God Geno does not go down.  

Don't make him serve you again, bub.

Now off to the B league...  run along..  RUN ALONG!

You don't rotate QBs.

I'm not sure how this needs to be spun or taken out of context. Seems like basic stuff.

I havent seen any "rotating" of QB's.  I've seen Vick come in for one play on a drive, here and there.  So you're spinning from that perspective and you know it.  

Either way, rotating or not, I agree with you.  Its stupid and all on Rex.  

You don't rotate QBs.

I'm not sure how this needs to be spun or taken out of context. Seems like basic stuff.

When we did it with Brad Smith it worked.  At this point in his career Vic is useless.  Sorta like you with your Anti-Rex agenda.

I do agree Rex is putting him in.  I will fault Rex for falling in love with guys and using them when he probably shouldn't.  Hard to argue that.  I dont think that makes him a bad or stpid head coach.  Just a big fat (formally) softy.  He grew up in the NFL, still child like in his affection for players.  Just using real guys rather than cards now.  

1 or 2 random plays a game a rotation does not make.

Nobody believes you.

If geno was immobile maybe would make sense. But vick offers nothing that geno doesnt except maybe a touch more athleticsm. But not enough more that it makes sense to bring him in.

When we did it with Brad Smith it worked.  At this point in his career Vic is useless.  Sorta like you with your Anti-Rex agenda.

I do agree Rex is putting him in.  I will fault Rex for falling in love with guys and using them when he probably shouldn't.  Hard to argue that.  I dont think that makes him a bad or stpid head coach.  Just a big fat (formally) softy.  He grew up in the NFL, still child like in his affection for players.  Just using real guys rather than cards now.

Yes because smith was a threat to run and sanchez was not. Geno can run.

If geno was immobile maybe would make sense. But vick offers nothing that geno doesnt except maybe a touch more athleticsm. But not enough more that it makes sense to bring him in.

I actually agree the Vick plays have been unnecessary to this point.  What I don't agree with is this notion that using him for an isolated play here or there is hampering the offense or proof that Rex is "jamming rotations down our throats".

Agreed.  I get that Vick is the better runner...but who gives a ****.  They both can keep the defense on their heels with their running ability and big arms.  No need to put Vick in.  Although, that one play they ran at the goalline vs. the Raiders was pretty sweet and they did have 2 wide open receivers, I'd still rather see them just let Geno do his thing and stopping ******* around with Vick.  Taking the sack on that play was the exact reason he's not a starter anymore.

I'm not "trying to make your post fit my agenda". I am asking you if YOU think it makes sense to put an unmotivated, past-his-prime player on the field, instead of the young QB?

I actually agree the Vick plays have been unnecessary to this point.  What I don't agree with is this notion that using him for an isolated play here or there is hampering the offense or proof that Rex is "jamming rotations down our throats".

Dont care what you call it i want it to stop

Agreed.  I get that Vick is the better runner...but who gives a ****.  They both can keep the defense on their heels with their running ability and big arms.  No need to put Vick in.  Although, that one play they ran at the goalline vs. the Raiders was pretty sweet and they did have 2 wide open receivers, I'd still rather see them just let Geno do his thing and stopping ******* around with Vick.  Taking the sack on that play was the exact reason he's not a starter anymore.

Yeah dont agree with rex that opposing teams are spending any extra practice time preparing specially for vick packages. Vick is the perfect backup for the jets precisely because he is basically the same type of player at geno at this point. He is plug and play into the system. For that same reason makes no sense for them to both see the field in the same game or to have a special vick package or for other teams to prepare any differently

It work, but I didn't like it. Pac implied I didn't complain then, but I am now. Which isn't true. I wanted them to groom Sanchez right, and taking him off the field was wrong, felt the same way about it as I do when the do it with Geno, regardless of whether the play works or not.

It's more about shoving Pac's retarded crap back down his gob.

Who is spinning now?

I saw Rex insists on the wildcat being a fixture of the offense, no matter who the OC is. History has proven me right. This isn't even my opinion, Rex has verbally stated it, and every OC has done it under him.

My take on it is that it's no good for the young QB, or any QB, for that matter. Vick's statement about not rotating/swapping QBs reinforces that.

It's time for you to switch topics. We're done here.

Bingo.

Who is spinning now?

I saw Rex insists on the wildcat being a fixture of the offense, no matter who the OC is. History has proven me right. This isn't even my opinion, Rex has verbally stated it, and every OC has done it under him.

My take on it is that it's no good for the young QB, or any QB, for that matter. Vick's statement about not rotating/swapping QBs reinforces that.

It's time for you to switch topics. We're done here.

They haven't been running the wildcat you dolt.  Vick has had like 4 plays in 2 games and in each of them his intention was to pass. 

Declaring victory doesn't mean you've won.

I've exposed your hypocrisy and overblown statements.  I guess we are done.

They haven't been running the wildcat you dolt.  Vick has had like 4 plays in 2 games and in each of them his intention was to pass. 

Declaring victory doesn't mean you've won.

I've exposed your hypocrisy and overblown statements.  I guess we are done.

Again, all you can prop yourself up on are semantics.

Wildcat, Vick package, Leon Washington package, Bilal Powell package, whatever you want to call it... it is the same premise. Geno comes off the field (see: rotation, swapping, whatever other semantic you want to churn over). Your starting QB loses reps, to gimmicks. I can't believe you need this explained. Rex has always advocated for this sh*t. 

I'm not declaring victory. I'm declaring unworthy adversary.

It work, but I didn't like it. Pac implied I didn't complain then, but I am now. Which isn't true. I wanted them to groom Sanchez right, and taking him off the field was wrong, felt the same way about it as I do when the do it with Geno, regardless of whether the play works or not.

It's more about shoving Pac's retarded crap back down his gob.

I certainly appreciate that.  

I'm not "trying to make your post fit my agenda". I am asking you if YOU think it makes sense to put an unmotivated, past-his-prime player on the field, instead of the young QB?

No I don't.  But I understand trying it a couple times.  I would hope by thrid or fourth game it stops happening.  

I'm trying to decide if I should continue spanking him but it might get boring for the board...  I'll just let it go for now and pick it up later.

This is the closest to the GOOD OLE' mafia days of you to bashing each other over the head.  Only thing missing is CTM coming in to ask if, "Ape dead yet" and Klecko telling you, "Pac sucks at this."  Ahhhh  memories.

This is a lot of whining and post padding over 2 plays a game.

Love to know where and how anyone knows that these two plays a game hurt or slows Genos development.

Guess the 30 handoffs to a back are killing his development even more. Sh1t, if he passed ever play he'd be a stud in a few weeks.

Dont care what you call it i want it to stop

Yeah dont agree with rex that opposing teams are spending any extra practice time preparing specially for vick packages. Vick is the perfect backup for the jets precisely because he is basically the same type of player at geno at this point. He is plug and play into the system. For that same reason makes no sense for them to both see the field in the same game or to have a special vick package or for other teams to prepare any differently

Yeah, I dont think they do either but I cant honestly say I know either way.

The only way I can handle a Vick play...is if the offense is just not moving the ball in a tight game and they've got some type of trickery in their back pocket to fool the defense for a big play.  Otherwise, dont take Geno out of the game and ruin the rhythm of the offense.  Not only can it take Geno out of rhythm but it also makes the OL block differently because he's a lefty...its just stupid really and offers very little benefit.

Geno in, Vick out, Geno out, Vick in, Vick out, Geno in.

That is rotating.

If you want to prop up your straw man on re-defining the semantics of "rotating", then I won't even need to make you look stupid, you'll have accomplished it on your own.

That's true. It's also not what the Jets have done with Geno and Vick so far this season. Geno hasn't missed a snap on offense thru two games. They've brought Vick in addition to Geno when he's been on the field. No prop up semantics required to say there's been nothing of the sort of a QB rotation.

So you're wrong. :)

And if were being completely honest, Brian Schottenheimer was running the wildcat here with Brad Smith under Mangini. Rex didn't bring it here. Rex did bring in Sporano and David Lee, who both ran it in Miami, and Lee is still here. So he might be advocating for getting Vick on the field.

That said, bringing Vick in could very well be Rex's idea, and it has to stop. It hasn't worked yet, and it takes a WR, TE, RB, off the field who might be able to help Geno make a successful play.

I'm trying to decide if I should continue spanking him but it might get boring for the board...  I'll just let it go for now and pick it up later.

Everything you say is boring for the board. It has never stopped you in the past.

That's true. It's also not what the Jets have done with Geno and Vick so far this season. Geno hasn't missed a snap on offense thru two games. They've brought Vick in addition to Geno when he's been on the field. No prop up semantics required to say there's been nothing of the sort of a QB rotation.

So you're wrong. :)

And if were being completely honest, Brian Schottenheimer was running the wildcat here with Brad Smith under Mangini. Rex didn't bring it here. Rex did bring in Sporano and David Lee, who both ran it in Miami, and Lee is still here. So he might be advocating for getting Vick on the field.

That said, bringing Vick in could very well be Rex's idea, and it has to stop. It hasn't worked yet, and it takes a WR, TE, RB, off the field who might be able to help Geno make a successful play.

LOL, when you have to italicize "in addition to", just to prove the point that Geno hasn't missed a snap technically, even thought he wasn't necessarily the QB on those plays, it is semantics.

Part of what Rex celebrated about Schotty was the use of the wildcat, and when Rex had the opportunity to get his own hand-picked OC, he chose Sporano and Lee as you point out. He loves it. I think it is a pretty basic conclusion to draw that the head coach with a history of gimmick play love, is the one suggesting Vick be used the way we've used him.

At the end of the day, we've spent 3 pages here revisiting our mafia roots, with Pac's make-believe victories, trolling by cratering on semantics, and me being redundant... I just want to make sure we don't ignore the simple premise that you don't take your starting QB off the field for gimmicks. I don't know why anyone would disagree with this, especially when the QB is showing huge signs of improvement.

LOL, when you have to italicize "in addition to", just to prove the point that Geno hasn't missed a snap technically, even thought he wasn't necessarily the QB on those plays, it is semantics.

Part of what Rex celebrated about Schotty was the use of the wildcat, and when Rex had the opportunity to get his own hand-picked OC, he chose Sporano and Lee as you point out. He loves it. I think it is a pretty basic conclusion to draw that the head coach with a history of gimmick play love, is the one suggesting Vick be used the way we've used him.

At the end of the day, we've spent 3 pages here revisiting our mafia roots, with Pac's make-believe victories, trolling by cratering on semantics, and me being redundant... I just want to make sure we don't ignore the simple premise that you don't take your starting QB off the field for gimmicks. I don't know why anyone would disagree with this, especially when the QB is showing huge signs of improvement.

Well, taking Sanchez off the field probably was smart, especially when they had Smith to run the ball.

So far this year, Vick has been on the field for five offensive plays - three in the first game, and two this week. I don't think he's taken the snap more than once or twice, but I'm not 100% sure on that. It's a pretty tremendous leap to call that any sort of QB rotation.

That said, I'm gaining confidence that it's going to become a thing of the past as Mornhinweg gains confidence in Geno. They've had no success on those plays, so there's really no reason to continue with them. Vick doesn't seem interested in doing it, and really, they shouldn't be exposing that piece of glass to potential injury if he's not actually needed at QB. Hopefully Marty follows thru on his comments about the killer TO - he can and has to trust Geno back there.

So in conclusion; I don't like the plays, and I'm sure Rex has a hand in them, but I just think you're overstating the situation. We're talking about five total plays here, and on none of which did Geno leave the field.

Well, taking Sanchez off the field probably was smart, especially when they had Smith to run the ball.

So far this year, Vick has been on the field for five offensive plays - three in the first game, and two this week. I don't think he's taken the snap more than once or twice, but I'm not 100% sure on that. It's a pretty tremendous leap to call that any sort of QB rotation.

That said, I'm gaining confidence that it's going to become a thing of the past as Mornhinweg gains confidence in Geno. They've had no success on those plays, so there's really no reason to continue with them. Vick doesn't seem interested in doing it, and really, they shouldn't be exposing that piece of glass to potential injury if he's not actually needed at QB. Hopefully Marty follows thru on his comments about the killer TO - he can and has to trust Geno back there.

So in conclusion; I don't like the plays, and I'm sure Rex has a hand in them, but I just think you're overstating the situation. We're talking about five total plays here, and on none of which did Geno leave the field.

Fair enough.

It beats talking about child abuse and hitting women, imo. :)

Problem w/Brad Smith (hilarious by the way and I remember ESPN laughing about it) is in the years w/jets he ran Wildcat , he threw SEVEN times in 5 years. Even in last few WC years it was 6 times in 3 years , aka twice a year ,smh.

I remember ESPN guys saying 'It might be more effective if all NFL defenses didn't know Jets ran out of WC 99% of time, LOL".

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/9689/brad-smith

Since BRAD SMITH left the Jets we haven't been to the playoffs BREH. 

Coincidence?

So, you were right.  Ape completely spun this out of context.  Here's the actual article.  Hopefully, Vick is right and they arent trying this stupid sh*t when the Bears come to town. 

LORHAM PARK, N.J. -- If the New York Jets ever decide to expand Michael Vick's role in the offense, well, we know how he'd feel about it. 

He'd hate it. Truth be told, he doesn't love his current gig, playing two or three plays a game. 

Vick

"We're not going to get into that," he said Thursday, when asked about the possibility of playing a full series. "That disrupts the timing. That disrupts the flow of the game. This isn't college. You don't rotate quarterbacks, substitute one guy for another for a series. That's kind of petty. You want your quarterback to stay in a consistent flow. You don't want to interrupt anything." 

In two games, Vick has played a total of five plays. 

"Five too many," he said, half-jokingly. "But, nah, it's cool, man. I'm enjoying it." 

It would be more accurate to say he's tolerating it. Vick doesn't want to rock the boat, so he's taking what the coaches give him, hoping to eventually pop a big play. At this point, the Jets would settle for anything positive. In five plays with Vick on the field, the offense has netted zero yards. 

Those five plays included a red-zone incompletion (by Vick), a red-zone fumble (by Geno Smith) and a sack (Vick). So, no, the Jets haven't exactly killed it. 

"I know we haven't had a whole lot of success with him," Rex Ryan said. "Again, I think it does keep a defense off balance a little bit and, hopefully, we'll get this thing rolling a little bit." 

It doesn't sound like it will happen Monday night against the Chicago Bears. Vick said they "don't have too much" in this week's game plan, adding, "We just want Geno to go out there and focus on the game." 

Vick reiterated that he's "a full-time quarterback," although he admitted he'd love to catch a pass. 

"That's a quarterback's dream," he said. "I'll be on the edge with a DB who really can't cover me." 

In 2012, the Jets tried to make Tim Tebow an integral part of the offense, but for myriad reasons, it never worked. Reminded of the Jets' Tebow intentions, Vick smiled and said, "That was once upon a time, not in today's time."

So, you were right.  Ape completely spun this out of context.  Here's the actual article.  Hopefully, Vick is right and they arent trying this stupid sh*t when the Bears come to town. 

LORHAM PARK, N.J. -- If the New York Jets ever decide to expand Michael Vick's role in the offense, well, we know how he'd feel about it. 

He'd hate it. Truth be told, he doesn't love his current gig, playing two or three plays a game. 

Vick

"We're not going to get into that," he said Thursday, when asked about the possibility of playing a full series. "That disrupts the timing. That disrupts the flow of the game. This isn't college. You don't rotate quarterbacks, substitute one guy for another for a series. That's kind of petty. You want your quarterback to stay in a consistent flow. You don't want to interrupt anything.

In two games, Vick has played a total of five plays. 

"Five too many," he said, half-jokingly. "But, nah, it's cool, man. I'm enjoying it." 

It would be more accurate to say he's tolerating it. Vick doesn't want to rock the boat, so he's taking what the coaches give him, hoping to eventually pop a big play. At this point, the Jets would settle for anything positive. In five plays with Vick on the field, the offense has netted zero yards. 

Those five plays included a red-zone incompletion (by Vick), a red-zone fumble (by Geno Smith) and a sack (Vick). So, no, the Jets haven't exactly killed it. 

"I know we haven't had a whole lot of success with him," Rex Ryan said. "Again, I think it does keep a defense off balance a little bit and, hopefully, we'll get this thing rolling a little bit." 

It doesn't sound like it will happen Monday night against the Chicago Bears. Vick said they "don't have too much" in this week's game plan, adding, "We just want Geno to go out there and focus on the game." 

Vick reiterated that he's "a full-time quarterback," although he admitted he'd love to catch a pass. 

"That's a quarterback's dream," he said. "I'll be on the edge with a DB who really can't cover me." 

In 2012, the Jets tried to make Tim Tebow an integral part of the offense, but for myriad reasons, it never worked. Reminded of the Jets' Tebow intentions, Vick smiled and said, "That was once upon a time, not in today's time."

Hey halfwit, Vick also goes on to say "five too many" and "you want your QB to stay in a consistent flow".

Series vs. 1 play at a time. He's referring to the overall practice of rotating your QB, for a series or for 1 play at a time, no real difference. The bigger message he successfully delivers, despite it being lost on you and Pac, is that you don't break your QBs rhythem. Whether it be by the series, by the play, or whatever other level of semantics you and Pactard want to try and prop up your "Ape is spinning" argument on.... Vick is a veteran QB, he knows you don't break the rhythm. Rex, for years, has asked his OC's to use gimmicks to break the rhythm.

I'm sorry you are both too stupid to understand this.

Hopefully, Vick is right and they arent trying this stupid sh*t when the Bears come to town. 

This is the part that cracks me up most... because I was saying that Vick is right, even thought I was "spinning" according to you morons.

If Vick is right, then inherently so am I. Your only obstacle is reading comprehension.

This is the part that cracks me up most... because I was saying that Vick is right, even thought I was "spinning" according to you morons.

If Vick is right, then inherently so am I. Your only obstacle is reading comprehension.

That's the worst apology ever.

Archived