Vikings release WR Jerome Simpson

AFJF

Already suspended for booze, cleared to return this week, rumors of more legal issues due to pot and open container.  Three consecutive 700+ rec yds with Cincy and Minnesota.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1272073/jerome-simpson

Forget this nonsense.

IF, and I mean no doubt about it Geno looks the part of a franchise QB, you do whatever it takes to get up in the 1st round to grab Amari Cooper, or whoever the next Julio Jones/AJ Green/D Bryant type WR is in this years draft. To me Cooper looks the part so far as a comparison to this kind of game changing player with a franchise QB throwing the ball.

He got cut because he just finished a suspension, and got busted again for something new.

We don't need trash like this on our team. 

Reports popped up Thursday that Simpson was in more legal trouble. He was cited on charges of marijuana possession, open bottle and violation of his limited drivers license in July, and was scheduled to appear in count in November.

This sounds like something that's happened to about 90% of JN posters.  It certainly doesn't make him "trash" but it does make him a little stupid.  If the Vikings weren't in disarray right now I doubt he would have been cut.  You don't think they've known for months that he had more indiscretions in the summer?

I wouldn't mind the Jets nabbing him but guys like this are toxic right now.  Plus if he gets more games tacked on to his suspension what's the point.

Reports popped up Thursday that Simpson was in more legal trouble. He was cited on charges of marijuana possession, open bottle and violation of his limited drivers license in July, and was scheduled to appear in count in November.

This sounds like something that's happened to about 90% of JN posters.  It certainly doesn't make him "trash" but it does make him a little stupid.  If the Vikings weren't in disarray right now I doubt he would have been cut.  You don't think they've known for months that he had more indiscretions in the summer?

I wouldn't mind the Jets nabbing him but guys like this are toxic right now.  Plus if he gets more games tacked on to his suspension what's the point.

Trash, as in a scrap heap player, you over-sensitive ******* priss.

if we sign him up, he automatically goes ahead of Nelson and Salas on the depth chart.

Probably.

I'm not regularly a sign this beast! kinda guy, but I would definitely give Simpson a look. He's got good numbers and great athletic ability. By all accounts he's a good kid who's been dumb on the substance front, and could very well have a problem. The Vikings only had him on a one year near-minimum deal, so he'd come cheap. Once he gets past his legal trouble/disciplinary actions this year, maybe they could even get him on the field for a couple games. Send him to rehab over the offseason, and see what you have next spring.

It's not like the Jets would be cutting a great WR to make room.

Probably.

I'm not regularly a sign this beast! kinda guy, but I would definitely give Simpson a look. He's got good numbers and great athletic ability. By all accounts he's a good kid who's been dumb on the substance front, and could very well have a problem. The Vikings only had him on a one year near-minimum deal, so he'd come cheap. Once he gets past his legal trouble/disciplinary actions this year, maybe they could even get him on the field for a couple games. Send him to rehab over the offseason, and see what you have next spring.

It's not like the Jets would be cutting a great WR to make room.

He most definitely would leap over Nelson and Salas. No pun.

I agree he would be a cost effective hire.

And the last part it hurt.

Archived