Jets will announce new ring of honor during Monday night game

Larz

Mo was a whiner behind the scenes.

Actually I think it was quite the opposite.  Because he was always so quiet, I've asked three former teammates that I've interviewed this month and asked all three of them about Mo.  Every guy has raved about his work ethic and study habits.  One player did acknowledge that Mo didn't care much for the media and rarely spoke to them.  With that being the case, of course they're going to paint a negative picture of the guy for not playing along with their games.

Tom - that one is gonna leave a mark, lol.  Great job Glenn!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's not a jet.  he's a journeyman

He played 8 years for the franchise. That's just as long as Curtis Martin and Al Toon. He was an All Pro for 6 of those and a Pro Bowler for 7. Not to mention that he was just as much of a part of the Jets rushing offense all those years as Martin was. Hall of Famer that played almost a decade for the franchise and had his entire prime here, but because he finished his career in Tennessee after the team cut him, that's his problem?

He played 8 years for the franchise. That's just as long as Curtis Martin and Al Toon. He was an All Pro for 6 of those and a Pro Bowler for 7. Not to mention that he was just as much of a part of the Jets rushing offense all those years as Martin was. Hall of Famer that played almost a decade for the franchise and had his entire prime here, but because he finished his career in Tennessee after the team cut him, that's his problem?

yes his problem is 4 years with the seahawks and 4 years with the titans

journeyman

Oh good. Well as long as you're being reasonable about this...

when I think of jets greats, I don't think of mawae, and would consider his nomination into the jets ROH to be lame.  if you bring in mawae, might as well include ronnie lott and steve atwater and art monk

just kidding

but really I just don't really consider him an all time jets great

when I think of jets greats, I don't think of mawae, and would consider his nomination into the jets ROH to be lame.  if you bring in mawae, might as well include ronnie lott and steve atwater and art monk

just kidding

but really I just don't really consider him an all time jets great

The colts pretty much do this. I was at Lucas Oil Stadium on Monday commenting on the Colts Ring of Honor, which includes Marshall Faulk and Eric Dickerson.

Joe Namath  -  12 years a jet, 1 year a ram

Don Maynard  -  13 years a titan/jet, 1 year a giant, 1 year a cardinal

Curtis Martin  -  3 years a cheater, 7 years a jet

Winston Hill  -  14 years a jet, 1 year a ram

Gerry Philbin  -  9 years a jet, 1 year an eagle

Larry Grantham  -  13 years a titan/jet

Joe Klecko  -  11 years a jet, 1 year a colt

Mark Gastineau  -  10 years a jet

Freeman McNeil  -  12 years a jet

Wesley Walker  -  13 years a jet

Al Toon -  7 years a jet

Marty Lyons.  -  11 years a jet

the lowest ratio of jets career to other career is martins 30% spent in another uniform

sorry RJF, 50% doesn't cut it in my mind.  they may put him in, he has a ton of honors, but it will be lame

Joe Namath  -  12 years a jet, 1 year a ram

Don Maynard  -  13 years a titan/jet, 1 year a giant, 1 year a cardinal

Curtis Martin  -  3 years a cheater, 7 years a jet

Winston Hill  -  14 years a jet, 1 year a ram

Gerry Philbin  -  9 years a jet, 1 year an eagle

Larry Grantham  -  13 years a titan/jet

Joe Klecko  -  11 years a jet, 1 year a colt

Mark Gastineau  -  10 years a jet

Freeman McNeil  -  12 years a jet

Wesley Walker  -  13 years a jet

Al Toon -  7 years a jet

Marty Lyons.  -  11 years a jet

the lowest ratio of jets career to other career is martins 30% spent in another uniform

sorry RJF, 50% doesn't cut it in my mind.  they may put him in, he has a ton of honors, but it will be lame

Ratio of career? Dude what are you talking about. That is not even a real statistic.

How about Pro Bowls made? Does that count in lala land? Because he's second all-time for the franchise in those.

Ratio of career? Dude what are you talking about. That is not even a real statistic.

How about Pro Bowls made? Does that count in lala land? Because he's second all-time for the franchise in those.

it's the jets ROH, not the NFL HOF.

he spent 50% of his career in another uniform

I'm sure you get that. 

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The Jets are adding two more players to their Ring of Honor.

During Monday night’s game against the Bears, the organization announced that former owner Leon Hess and former wide receiver Wayne Chrebet will be honored during halftime on December 1 when the Jets host the Dolphins at MetLife Stadium.

can't complain too much.  Can we say the ring is full now ?  I don't think anyone else is worthy tbh

Nothing or no one is stopping you from removing yourself from the fan list.

nothing or no one is stopping you from worrying about yourself .

I have been a Jets fan for 45 years I think I've earned the right to complain about this dysfunctional organization.

Also keep in mind complaining and having fun like my post was supposed to suggest is way different than rooting for my team and hoping at some point we win a SB

nothing or no one is stopping you from worrying about yourself .

I have been a Jets fan for 45 years I think I've earned the right to complain about this dysfunctional organization.

Also keep in mind complaining and having fun like my post was supposed to suggest is way different than rooting for my team and hoping at some point we win a SB

Earned the right? What merits earning the right to post a toilet where you sh*t piss and puke as referring to your supposed favorite sports team?

Earned the right? What merits earning the right to post a toilet where you sh*t piss and puke as referring to your supposed favorite sports team?

once again if you don't like it move on ... If you cant see it was meant as a joke then continuing this conversation is pointless

Archived