Manish's Tweet About Jets/Revis

JohnnnyBONES

What I love about this is that Manish thinks he's criticizing Idzik.  What he's accidentally implying is that in just two seasons, Idzik has built a team that's just one player away (with plenty of cap space rolling over).  Impressive!

@MMehtaNYDN

Jets would be one of the top 3 teams in AFC this year with Darrelle Revis.... and clear playoff team with any legit veteran cornerback #nyj

sometimes you have to move on from Turds who never honor contracts. Bonus$ paid for multi year deal gains interest while he holds out before contract period ends (and the huge bonus was paid depending on that timeframe, not 4 year deal/bonus and holding out after year 2.)

Turd City

Revis is still a great corner. But really, who knows. last week might have been a win. But really you don't know. Revis did get beat in Week 1. It is a shame that the jets have so much cap room and some weak corners, but this is speculation rather than anything proven. Would say you can only judge this  after the season. 

With Decker injured our best receiver is Jeremy Kerley. If there's a spot we missed the boat on completely this offseason its WR and guard. Milliner sucks, but we were doing ok before Rex decided to play him last week.

yeah whiffing on that WR draft class was bad, and winters should be replaced.  I'm hoping amaro starts to step up as a receiver. 

the 2009 revis was nice, but opponents just avoided him and picked on scott and smith or whoever else was out there. 

You have to feel for Mehta and the other poor JETS beats writers.

One season you have a full blown circus to cover, you have anonymous sources who give you juicy material, the choicest quotes, the copy is essentially writing itself, life is good, they are being quoted on national media, the football world wants to know their kids birthday  and then suddenly tragedy strikes. Without any warning the circus leaves town along with the clueless GM and now they are forced to deal with a football organization that for the most part knows whats its doing. A organization thats professionally run. A HC who has dialed it down. Its gotten so bad that these beat writers now have to stoop down and now report on actual on the field happenings. That's the sad state of affairs the beat writers have been reduced to.

Mehta is no exception. The national media does not quote him anymore. Even the JETS fans have stopped hating him. Now the best he can get is they just ignore him. So yeah once is a while just to stay relevant, maybe even get noticed, we get these baseless coulda, woulda, shoulda BS from him. But I surely cannot blame him or any of our poor JETS beat writers.

You have to feel for Mehta and the other poor JETS beats writers.

One season you have a full blown circus to cover, you have anonymous sources who give you juicy material, the choicest quotes, the copy is essentially writing itself, life is good, they are being quoted on national media, the football world wants to know their kids birthday  and then suddenly tragedy strikes. Without any warning the circus leaves town along with the clueless GM and now they are forced to deal with a football organization that for the most part knows whats its doing. A organization thats professionally run. A HC who has dialed it down. Its gotten so bad that these beat writers now have to stoop down and now report on actual on the field happenings. That's the sad state of affairs the beat writers have been reduced to.

Mehta is no exception. The national media does not quote him anymore. Even the JETS fans have stopped hating him. Now the best he can get is they just ignore him. So yeah once is a while just to stay relevant, maybe even get noticed, we get these baseless coulda, woulda, shoulda BS from him. But I surely cannot blame him or any of our poor JETS beat writers.

They sh*t on the team when Tannenbaum was here, too, but it was more of the "lol isnt this tebow thing weird eh d00dz?" kind of sh*tting. Since he left, the coverage has acquired a sneering, petulant quality that makes our press corps look like a bunch of children.

. Milliner sucks, but we were doing ok before Rex decided to play him last week.

Or maybe instead of sucking Milliner just needed to be used in spot duty as long as the starters were performing decently, which they appeared to be doing.  They should spot Milliner again to give him more time to come around.

How is this professional? He's a beat writer not an op-ed guy. This isn't fox news

Mehta is awful, but the problem is everyone pays attention to him because he's so awful. It's like Francessa, he's so popular because he pisses everyone off so they talk about him. He draws page views, so the paper doesn't really give a sh*t.

they barely beat the ******* raiders at home after the raiders traveled west for a 1:00 game

they are not a clear playoff team

Then the next week they went up 21-3 against the packers at lambeau, and it could have been 35-3 if Geno would have hit Decker on the deep pass and if Winters didnt decided to be a revolving door when Geno got hit on that pick. Mix that with the fact that Jordy Nelson would have have had a 200+ yard day and James Jones would have not had that ridiculous catch if Revis was a Jet and I can say that I can see Manish point there. 

yeah whiffing on that WR draft class was bad, and winters should be replaced.  I'm hoping amaro starts to step up as a receiver. 

the 2009 revis was nice, but opponents just avoided him and picked on scott and smith or whoever else was out there. 

yeah we passed on very good WR on the 3rd and the colts jumped on him I will hate that pick for years, when the need was WR and we took a   CB, that we could have moved back and taken in the latte 3rd it made me so mad.Moncrief would have been a great complement to Decker and with Decker down those great WR we drafted are where?? we need to do a better job at drafting WRs, the last 2 drafts have not been good for that spot. 

Milliner sucks, but we were doing ok before Rex decided to play him last week.

Milliner is actually good but hurt. The Jets were doing ok in their one game against the Raiders, before they faced a team with real wide outs. The beats have both jeffrey and marshall questionable, maybe they will luck out this week. But over the course of the season the Jets CB position is worrysome. 

. A organization thats cheaply run. 

Fixed

If Tanny signed Dimitri Patterson and Mike GOodson you guys would have him strung up in the town square. 

I saw Shane in this thread say Peyton Manning would make them top 3. Sure.

All the Revis haters over the years don't realize the Jets didn't get a chance to pay Peyton Manning. It wasn't Revis vs Manning. It was Revis vs Cap space and the Jets have all sorts of cap space now. And at least a starter short at corner. 

Did u even watch that game?

yeah.  lack of discipline poise and composure nearly cost then the game, and it did cost them the packers game.  It's a results business, moving the ball and shooting yourself in the foot doesn't impress anybody.  if they don't recover the onsides kick do you think rex's defense holds them ?  A real team blows the raiders out by 21 and wins the packer game. 

jets did neither

Then the next week they went up 21-3 against the packers at lambeau, and it could have been 35-3 if Geno would have hit Decker on the deep pass and if Winters didnt decided to be a revolving door when Geno got hit on that pick. Mix that with the fact that Jordy Nelson would have have had a 200+ yard day and James Jones would have not had that ridiculous catch if Revis was a Jet and I can say that I can see Manish point there. 

2009 revis shuts nelson down.  2014 revis gives up double moves and TD's

yeah we passed on very good WR on the 3rd and the colts jumped on him I will hate that pick for years, when the need was WR and we took a   CB, that we could have moved back and taken in the latte 3rd it made me so mad.Moncrief would have been a great complement to Decker and with Decker down those great WR we drafted are where?? we need to do a better job at drafting WRs, the last 2 drafts have not been good for that spot. 

I was looking into the chrebet into the ROH discussion, and the jets history at WR is really sad.  the pile of garbage they drafted last year is just salt in the wound

The only thing that matters anymore is which team the officials are going to favor to win that day...you can take a team like Oakland who traveled all the way across the land put them in a stadium and force them to play at 10:00 in the morning their time. Then when the game starts you run all over them and stop them everytime but the zebra crew wants a nice close game that either team can win it on the last possesion and if you're one of those teams that the officiating crew likes, THEN you have a chance to be 1 of the top 3 teams in the league. Welcome to Professional football circa 2014, and just like the old grey mare it ain't what it used to be 

We missed the boat on the receivers in this draft man. Benjamin, Matthews...what the hell. We ended up with this doof Amaro.

Matthews was a no-brainer in Rd 2.     I have no idea how Idzik missed on such an obvious pick.    Instead, like Bradway before him, he had to show everyone how smart he is and take a bunch of players who didn't even make the team.  

yeah. lack of discipline poise and composure nearly cost then the game, and it did cost them the packers game. It's a results business, moving the ball and shooting yourself in the foot doesn't impress anybody. if they don't recover the onsides kick do you think rex's defense holds them ? A real team blows the raiders out by 21 and wins the packer game.

jets did neither

I guess the Pats r a fake team for nearly letting The Raiders tie the game. But like u said, it's a results game so a win for them is a win for them. Jets on the other hand were lucky to win I guess n their result doesn't matter cuz it doesn't approve your opinion.

Archived