****The Official Jets VS Bears Game Thread®©™****

BP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think last week's loss still hurt in my mind.  It took me like three days just to turn on any Jets coverage because it was just heartbreaking.   

Hopefully we find a way to beat the Bears.  I wonder if we go more zone this week because Cutler isn't the smartest cookie, and those WRs are one on one nightmares.   Offense really depends on Decker, after he went out, we're basically just a chicken without a head last week besides a great grab by Kerley, which promptly got negated. 

Really interested to see how Smith responds in the spotlight and would like to see some Amaro and/or Cumberland (especially if Decker is out).

Hopefully a couple of the rookies can step up tonight.  If Decker does not play, it would be nice to see some production from Amaro -- maybe Saunders will see some offensive snaps as well.  After seeing a lot of production from rookie pass catchers this weekend, it would be nice to see something out of ours. 

I am ready for a real ass beating of Cutler tonight. He is due for a stinker that reminds everyone why he has never become the superstar player everyone thought 7 years ago. Play physical on the outside with the receivers (they are going to play physical with us). Plant Forte and Cutler on every possession tonight! Tonight is the night the D-Line breaks out like the New Orleans game last year. Geno plays solid, protects the ball, and completes passes on third down. We score on one gadget play and eliminate the penalties. Primetime, prime performance. Jets 24-17. 

Decker questionable - practiced Saturday. Milliner doubtful.

Bears are pretty banged up too -- down at least 5 starters:  Tillman on IR.  Garza, Slauson, Ratliff and Mclellin are out.  Jeffery & Marshall are questionable--but both were questionable last week and played, so I expect we will see them tonight.

Bears are pretty banged up too -- down at least 5 starters:  Tillman on IR.  Garza, Slauson, Ratliff and Mclellin are out.  Jeffery & Marshall are questionable--but both were questionable last week and played, so I expect we will see them tonight.

Their O line banged up offers some hope as does the fact that the stage is set for the mope version of Cutler to appear tonight.

Even without Decker we should be able to put up points against them.

None of this changes the fact that on paper their offensive weapons should decimate our low grade defensive backfield.

GO JETS!

Their O line banged up offers some hope as does the fact that the stage is set for the mope version of Cutler to appear tonight.

Even without Decker we should be able to put up points against them.

None of this changes the fact that on paper their offensive weapons should decimate our low grade defensive backfield.

GO JETS!

I agree with you. If Jeffery and Marshall are at or near 100%, it's going to be a long night, unless we can get at Cutler and force mistakes.

If Cutler gets comfortable in the pocket, and the WRs are healthy, there is no way I see us stopping them or even slowing them down enough to keep it close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Jets win the toss, they'd better take the ball and score 7.  Otherwise, Chicago's first possession is going to see Holmes going for an 88 yarder.  It'll be a long night if the Jets fall behind 7-0 after two Chicago offensive plays.

People bailing on their Jets tickets at an alarming rate today, it seems.

One of my best buds is a huge Bears fan.  There was talk about taking off a few days and going to the game.  Couldnt believe how many cheap tickets were available.  

Ended up not doing it because I dont feel like going through all the traveling just to watch the Jets get embarrassed on the National stage.  Maybe I'm not the only one who feels that way, hence no shortage of available tickets? 

One of my best buds is a huge Bears fan.  There was talk about taking off a few days and going to the game.  Couldnt believe how many cheap tickets were available.  

Ended up not doing it because I dont feel like going through all the traveling just to watch the Jets get embarrassed on the National stage.  Maybe I'm not the only one who feels that way, hence no shortage of available tickets? 

I think it is more a function of it being Monday night -- a late night with work/school on Tuesday.

People bailing on their Jets tickets at an alarming rate today, it seems.

MNF games suck. I'm in a unique position where I don't have to be in the office until 2 on Tuesday, but a buddy of mine who lives north of Albany will stay to the end then drive home and has to be at work at 7.

If there are 60,000 fans tonight, I'll be surprised

Archived