****The Official Jets VS Bears Game Thread®©™****

BP

IMO, his accuracy comes and goes. I think he might have serious confidence issues and might be a high-maintenance personality who needs his ego stroked constantly. All young QBs are streaky, but Geno is downright bipolar.

His sideline demeanor is really odd. After a mistake he sulks by himself instead of talking to the headset or a coach. Never seen any QB do (or really not do) that. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If youre at 60% completion when your forced to throw 40+ passes to terrible WR's...accuracy isnt the issue. He makes too many boneheaded throws though when he's under middle pressure. I still have no idea what we want to be offensively. Every time we ran a traditional running play with Ivory we got good yardage.

When Geno scrambles and looks to throw his mechanics get really thrown off and he just lobs the ball more or less. Not only that, on those broken plays he displays bad judgment and poor downfield vision. I'm not looking for him to be perfect on those type of throws but he's really bad at them.

If Geno throws the ball short then Kerley would have gotten the PI because the db would have ran into the wr - BUT the ball is thrown out of bounds over the end line- refs will never give you that call because its not a catchable ball.

again you are caught after the ball is played look at the ball in the air that is when the call should have made. Watch a game when they call face gaurding and tell me what it is ?  Because it looked allot like the bears defender was doing that

IMO, his accuracy comes and goes. I think he might have serious confidence issues and might be a high-maintenance personality who needs his ego stroked constantly. All young QBs are streaky, but Geno is downright bipolar.

It's possible. These young cats are pretty emo. Saunders muffed a punt then goes on to fake an injury.

When Geno scrambles and looks to throw his mechanics get really thrown off and he just lobs the ball more or less. Not only that, on those broken plays he displays bad judgment and poor downfield vision. I'm not looking for him to be perfect on those type of throws but he's really bad at them.

Yes every time Geno is on the move I expect the worst. He put a dart on Amaro once but that doofus dropped it.

I think youre expecting perfection out of a player that is far from who's surrounded by a few players that arent even rosterable on most teams in the  NFL. We need to give Ivory the ball 20+ times a game...I have no idea why the hell we're dropping back so much. If we have to punt so be it...all of our resources are invested in Rex stupid ****ign defense anyways. Let them earn it. This team is a sh*tshow.

I agree with most of what your saying.  Don't give Smith the chance to beat us.  But Geez, maybe we need a QB who can win.

Not only that the Bears were really beat up in DB's.  An NFL QB wins that game in the end

I think youre expecting perfection out of a player that is far from who's surrounded by a few players that arent even rosterable on most teams in the NFL. We need to give Ivory the ball 20+ times a game...I have no idea why the hell we're dropping back so much. If we have to punt so be it...all of our resources are invested in Rex stupid ****ign defense anyways. Let them earn it. This team is a sh*tshow.

I think a valid question is how many rosters salas and nelson actually make in this league. If they did, for how many of those teams would they get playing time.

Also, this team is going to be really bad trying to play from behind. We're not built at all to do that.

some of you guys might want to pick up some kleenex at Aldis this week while they are on sale. Its going to be a long year of crying about this team.

it apologist, laid back attitudes like you that make it hard to be a Jet fan. Because you will pay for hot garbage from the nfl and then say well we need to do this or that never mind the fact we did this or that or enough to win a game. Not because you have different opinion it is because you deem yourself right and everyone else wrong. In this case you are wrong

I agree with most of what your saying.  Don't give Smith the chance to beat us.  But Geez, maybe we need a QB who can win

Geno's being asked to do a lot. Probably too much...this receving corp is dreadful....friggin dreadful. There's no reason we should be throwing 43 times against that team. Zero. What's somewhat promising about Geno is that he's hitting chunk yardage plays down the field. He's capable of keeping a drive going on 3rd and long...with Sanchez the drive was over. But again, give Ivory the ball. Waive CJ's ass for all I care....dickheads guest tonight on the sideline was JR Smith.

it apologist, laid back attitudes like you that make it hard to be a Jet fan. Because you will pay for hot garbage from the nfl and then say well we need to do this or that never mind the fact we did this or that or enough to win a game. Not because you have different opinion it is because you deem yourself right and everyone else wrong. In this case you are wrong

Quickest pick 6 in MNF history.

Geno's being asked to do a lot. Probably too much...this receving corp is dreadful....friggin dreadful. There's no reason we should be throwing 43 times against that team. Zero. What's somewhat promising about Geno is that he's hitting chunk yardage plays down the field. He's capable of keeping a drive going on 3rd and long...with Sanchez the drive was over. But again, give Ivory the ball. Waive CJ's ass for all I care....dickheads guest tonight on the sideline was JR Smith.

The reason he's able to make infrequent plays upfield is because the opposing D is just challenging him to throw the ball upfied by putting 8, sometimes 9 guys in the box against the running game.  He can't hit WR's good or bad when they are open.

I'll continue this argument with you tomorrow, I have a 7 am client meeting, and I'm loaded :)

If Woody doesnt want to pay anyone just bring in Hue Jackson to coach the team. The guy can coach offense, he can develop a power run game and work with a QB.

The whole franchise needs to be gutted and a proven winner brought in. Otherwise this will just continue on.

Quickest pick 6 in MNF history.

your right and even with that if the refs don't **** us we win imagine that you cant over come bad officiating and bad play. One or the other needs to go and somehow i think a league making billions of dollars should get calls right and if they do a 17 point swing 10 for the bears and 7 from the Jets an who wins?

You cant argue facts but you just go ahead and continue proving yourself wrong

again the jets doing just enough to tease us when in reality the only offense guys we have is decker, ivory, powell, and kerley. To early for jace I still think he will be better

besides those guys we need to get rid of or demote everyone else.

Amaro SUCKS. Did you see how crosseyed his hands were on that dropped pass? I mean are you fuggin kidding me.  JJ Watt has better hands than this bum. 

so patriot fans are saying we were robbed but the our own fans dont....

http://forums.jetnation.com /topic/117039-jets-were-jobbed-by-the-refs/ 

The fumble that wasn't, but was would have returned for 6.

The last play was PI and no call.

We were, it doesn't excuse all the other sloppiness that the refs didn't cause though. It also doesn't excuse the defense choking in the end.

Amaro SUCKS. Did you see how crosseyed his hands were on that dropped pass? I mean are you fuggin kidding me.  JJ Watt has better hands than this bum. 

to early to tell he is a rookie he needs time to adjust to the nfl level not all rookies come in with no learning curve.

TE is easily one of the most complicated positions for rookies to transition from college to. The fact that he's progressing each week, which is evident by his snap count, targets and receptions is a good thing.  Guys aren't Tony Gonzalez right out of the gate.  

Archived