Antonio Allen

yanks9596

some truth to that. but he still sucks at corner.do you still think the jets are fine at corner?

I dont think Allen sucks. I think he's a solid depth guy that you can certainly use situationally and is a sure open field tackler. That doesnt spell suck to me. Are we fine at corner? No way, Milliner has been out going on 2 months and he shouldn't have even played in that Packers game. Losing Dexter McDougle hurt as well and lets be honest, Lankster isn't putting fear into the hearts of anyone. I will say this, and I'm already in the middle of creating my rant about this in a new thread, Rex Ryan doesnt protect his weaknesses, he exposes them. Thats more of a problem than the current talent at cornerback and is also why we're 1-2 and not 3-0 which we absolutely should be. 

I dont think Allen sucks. I think he's a solid depth guy that you can certainly use situationally and is a sure open field tackler. That doesnt spell suck to me. Are we fine at corner? No way, Milliner has been out going on 2 months and he shouldn't have even played in that Packers game. Losing Dexter McDougle hurt as well and lets be honest, Lankster isn't putting fear into the hearts of anyone. I will say this, and I'm already in the middle of creating my rant about this in a new thread, Rex Ryan doesnt protect his weaknesses, he exposes them. Thats more of a problem than the current talent at cornerback and is also why we're 1-2 and not 3-0 which we absolutely should be.

Cant blame allen. Blame the people who put him there.

allen is a fine player, at safety. he blows at corner. he got beat plenty so far.people marvel at his tackling ability. hello, converted linebacker/safety. that's his job. he is not bad at covering the slower receivers but a legit nfl receiver would/will/has beaten allen pretty regularly. he needs to be mastering his craft,not experimenting with others

allen is a fine player, at safety. he blows at corner. he got beat plenty so far.people marvel at his tackling ability. hello, converted linebacker/safety. that's his job. he is not bad at covering the slower receivers but a legit nfl receiver would/will/has beaten allen pretty regularly. he needs to be mastering his craft,not experimenting with others

He doesnt blow at corner, Kyle Wilson blows at corner. We should both know the difference by now. As I said, as a situational guy he's legit. As a starting CB covering Brandon Marshall? No. But for the fact that he's doing it and for the most part not getting picked on I have to give him more credit that what you're giving him. Wilson was a 1st round draft pick and he can't even see the field as a #1,#2 corner. 

He doesnt blow at corner, Kyle Wilson blows at corner. We should both know the difference by now. As I said, as a situational guy he's legit. As a starting CB covering Brandon Marshall? No. But for the fact that he's doing it and for the most part not getting picked on I have to give him more credit that what you're giving him. Wilson was a 1st round draft pick and he can't even see the field as a #1,#2 corner. 

he gets and A for effort for sure. its not his fault he is playing corner. but to say allen is a better corner than Wilson? I am not sure that I can take this serious. Wilson catches a lot of sh*t around these parts. truth be told, he is in his receivers back pocket all the time. his ball awareness leaves much to be desired, but he can cover a real wide receiver, where, by your own admission, allen cannot

he gets and A for effort for sure. its not his fault he is playing corner. but to say allen is a better corner than Wilson? I am not sure that I can take this serious. Wilson catches a lot of sh*t around these parts. truth be told, he is in his receivers back pocket all the time. his ball awareness leaves much to be desired, but he can cover a real wide receiver, where, by your own admission, allen cannot

Wilson is a total liability when he's on the field. Allen makes plays.

@RavensInsider: In addition to cornerback Brandon Smith, Jets also worked out safety Jamarca Sanford, according to sources

Safety Jamarca Sanford was released off injured reserve Monday by the Vikings, ending his five-season career with the team.

The move had been expected since Sanford was placed on injured reserve Aug. 30 with a quad injury that wasn't long-term. The teams worked out an undisclosed injury settlement before Sanford was let go.

After being shelved, Sanford was ineligible to play this season for Minnesota. He now is free to sign with any team and play this year.

Sanford, who joined the Vikings in 2009, was a starter the previous three years under former coach Leslie Frazier. He never got a chance to show first-year coach Mike Zimmer much, missing spring drills due to a groin problem and being plagued by back and quad injuries during the preseason.

The safety agreed in March to a salary cut for 2014 from $2.45 million to $1.75 million, with $400,000 of it guaranteed.

Sanford had said Aug. 30 that he was "frustrated'' by the roster move, but couldn't be reached Monday. Zimmer shrugged off a question last week on Sanford's status.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_26493637/vikings-release-safety-jamarca-sanford-off-ir

I think if the jets let wilson play outside where he's comfortable he'd be decent. Not great but better than walls and Allen.

Im probably going to catch flack, but as early as this season is...I think its a wash...and thats more Idziks fault than anyone elses. Im just not ready to hang him for it yet.

So Allen, yeah.

Decent Safety with his weakness being COVERAGE (aside from the week he had against a hurt Gronk) I think this is a great way to polish up his coverage skills, and going forward when he slides back into the Safety spot. Hes going to be our starter with Pryor for years to come. And I have a feeling hes going to be better than alright.

Honestly, I've been satisfied with the play of Walls and Allen. Their coverage has been relatively good, as compared to when Milliner came in and was getting burnt left and right. When you compare it to last year I think Walls and Allen are doing a better job than Cromartie and Milliner did last year. They are staying with their WRs, even getting a few break ups, where as last year Cro and Milliner were getting run by with ease. I think last night both Walls and Allen had two legitimate pass break ups. Do I trust them in an all out blitz? No not really, but I also don't think they are getting burned for an 80 yard td like Milliner did last week. And really the only long pass Allen gave up last night was the dime of a throw by Cutler to Jeffrey. So I'm not in the group that thinks they have sucked. They have been pretty good considering the situation.

Im probably going to catch flack, but as early as this season is...I think its a wash...and thats more Idziks fault than anyone elses. Im just not ready to hang him for it yet.

So Allen, yeah.

Decent Safety with his weakness being COVERAGE (aside from the week he had against a hurt Gronk) I think this is a great way to polish up his coverage skills, and going forward when he slides back into the Safety spot. Hes going to be our starter with Pryor for years to come. And I have a feeling hes going to be better than alright.

I agree Allen will be a good safety. It has been Pryor that has disappointed for me so far. He's seemd to take bad angles and hasn't really made much of an impact. He flashes the occassional tackle, but other than that I think he's been hestitant. I think he'll still be good, but he's not going to be DROY.

I think if the jets let wilson play outside where he's comfortable he'd be decent. Not great but better than walls and Allen.

Sorry that you think this way, especially with the years of proof that shows different. 

People talk about Allen like the dude has been terrible. He's been solid. He hasn't given up a bunch of touchdowns. He's given some catches but not a bunch of YAC. Milliner gave up 140 yards in like 8 plays. Im guessing that Allen has probably given around 200 yards for the season if that, mind you, he's playing against top WR's in the league as well. And when he wasnt playing against top WR's such as in the Raiders game, he pretty much shut down the passing game. He's shown that he's a consistent open field tackler which shows that with his ability to fill it as a CB his safety skills does come into handy when the ball is directed his way for a completion. I think he has only one missed tackle and that was against Jordy Nelson in week 2. 

The guy is better than Wilson, and if he wasnt then Wilson would be on the edge and not Allen. Its not like the Allen/Walls tandem have been getting torched. Even last night, the Marshall/Jeffery Tandem had a combine total of 9 catches for 111 yards and 0 touchdowns. Marshall actually had just 1 catch for 6 yards, and he didnt get that catch until I believe the 4th qtr. I'll give Walls credit in respects to Jeffery because he obviously didnt stop him, but he contained him. Jeffery had 8 catches for 105 yards but 44 of those yards was on 1 catch. And the constant 3rd down conversions that Jeffery made had more to do with the stupid ass typical jailbreak blitzing by Ryan that teams know how to deal with. 

Allen and Walls have really responded to the challenge in my opinion. 

I agree Allen will be a good safety. It has been Pryor that has disappointed for me so far. He's seemd to take bad angles and hasn't really made much of an impact. He flashes the occassional tackle, but other than that I think he's been hestitant. I think he'll still be good, but he's not going to be DROY.

Maybe the F#cker (Pryor) needs a couple starts at CB! Lol

We're going to lose a lot of single digit games this year, and in those games theres going to be a play or 2 that couldve changed the game. Pretty cliche, i know.

Im just interested in seeing what the pieces we got can do.

I want to cut off Amaros f#ckin hands after that drop!

Sorry that you think this way, especially with the years of proof that shows different. 

People talk about Allen like the dude has been terrible. He's been solid. He hasn't given up a bunch of touchdowns. He's given some catches but not a bunch of YAC. Milliner gave up 140 yards in like 8 plays. Im guessing that Allen has probably given around 200 yards for the season if that, mind you, he's playing against top WR's in the league as well. And when he wasnt playing against top WR's such as in the Raiders game, he pretty much shut down the passing game. He's shown that he's a consistent open field tackler which shows that with his ability to fill it as a CB his safety skills does come into handy when the ball is directed his way for a completion. I think he has only one missed tackle and that was against Jordy Nelson in week 2. 

The guy is better than Wilson, and if he wasnt then Wilson would be on the edge and not Allen. Its not like the Allen/Walls tandem have been getting torched. Even last night, the Marshall/Jeffery Tandem had a combine total of 9 catches for 111 yards and 0 touchdowns. Marshall actually had just 1 catch for 6 yards, and he didnt get that catch until I believe the 4th qtr. I'll give Walls credit in respects to Jeffery because he obviously didnt stop him, but he contained him. Jeffery had 8 catches for 105 yards but 44 of those yards was on 1 catch. And the constant 3rd down conversions that Jeffery made had more to do with the stupid ass typical jailbreak blitzing by Ryan that teams know how to deal with. 

Allen and Walls have really responded to the challenge in my opinion. 

Completely agree, Wilson is horrible. In fact why was that Adams guy in the slot on the second touchdown to Bennett instead of Wilson. Where was he? Was he benched for a guy who clearly didn't know the defense? Wilson has been horrible his whole career. In the preseason he on 9 passing attempts against he allowed 8 catches for 140+ yards and a TD. I think in his career he has about 13 pass break ups. Allen has had 6 on the season I believe. If he was any good, then Rex would have moved him to the outside.

Allen has been solid. He's not shutdown and will let up some catches, but not long TDs. Even the long pass that he let up to Jeffrey last night was really just a perfect throw and catch down the sideline. Same with Walls, his coverage is solid but not spectacular. He had two break ups last night too. They've been fine, not the reason we lose. Milliner might have been the reason we lost against the Packers though and Wilson would not be an improvement from either one of them.

...the only long pass Allen gave up last night was the dime of a throw by Cutler to Jeffrey...

Was wondering if anyone was going to point that out.  The announcer was going on about how they are picking on Allen, and on that long pass Allen was only a step behind.  It took an almost perfect throw or Allen gets to the ball.  I've seen a lot of experienced CBs get beat worse than Allen on that play.

Was wondering if anyone was going to point that out.  The announcer was going on about how they are picking on Allen, and on that long pass Allen was only a step behind.  It took an almost perfect throw or Allen gets to the ball.  I've seen a lot of experienced CBs get beat worse than Allen on that play.

He also gave up the TD to Marshall that was called back due to the hands to the face by the O line.  Seemed like a pretty blatant push off though.

Archived