Let me guess. Geno is blameless

DonCorleone

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It falls on the GM and Rex Ryan. We had a brutal offseason and it's showing. The roster stinks.

This.  They literally dont have a single offseason acquisition doing sh*t other than Calvin Pryor.

Its a bottom 5 roster in the NFL, easily.  They have 5 win talent on this roster. 

What is really troubling is if you look at McNabb early in his career for a minute. He had the same coach, just as little weapons on offense and was much, much better statistically than Geno is. Kind of a fair comparison to Geno in all areas. Geno's best comparison statistically at this point is Vince Young.

except for the fact that Idzik didn't draft any of those guys

That wasn't the point.

Players take time to develop, throwing them away after a loss would be as stupid as not giving players time to develop naturally just because you're pissed over a loss.

That wasn't the point.

Players take time to develop, throwing them away after a loss would be as stupid as not giving players time to develop naturally just because you're pissed over a loss.

Stop comparing the Jets to Seattle Please just stop. 

That wasn't the point.

the poster incorrectly credited idzick for drafting the LOB..so that was my point, not sure where I said I wanted to give up on anyone, and as far as me being pissed off this wasn't even in my top 1000 of pissed offness...we lost last night because our QB was the worst player on the field yesterday, it's literally impossible in the new NFL to win a game when your QB plays that bad.

That wasn't the point.

Most of the picks in Seattle were because of Pete Carroll.   The GM was more the money guy compared to the guy picking the players.   

The truth is,  Pete was hired first, and then he had a hand in picking the GM and had control of players being picked.       

The Jets don't seem to want Rex to have anything to do with picking the players,  they want Idzik and his staff doing that.  Which means Seattle and the Jets are nothing alike in the way they are building a team.   

Most of the picks in Seattle were because of Pete Carroll.   The GM was more the money guy compared to the guy picking the players.   

The truth is,  Pete was hired first, and then he had a hand in picking the GM and had control of players being picked.       

The Jets don't seem to want Rex to have anything to do with picking the players,  they want Idzik and his staff doing that.  Which means Seattle and the Jets are nothing alike in the way they are building a team.   

I agree with that. 

Also...the fact that Idzik was NOT the gm of Seattle. This seems to escape a lot of people.

Geno sucks.  Brick sucks.  But there is a big positive... hockey season is around the corner and I have only wasted 3 weeks of energy with this POS team.  This team, including the coaches, front office and owner, is effin' garbage from top to bottom -- with the exception of a few players operating in a vacuum who bring it every game. 

Does everyone agree that Idzik inherited a nightmare? He has not even been the GM for 2 full seasons. He has gotten our out of control salary cap situation under control and his 1st draft yielded the DROY.

Your expectations are that he has us competing as a top 10 team and has also fixed the QB situation.... after one full year in the position. Please think for a minute. Geno was drafted in exactly the right spot. If he doesn't develop this year we simply continue the search for the right guy and Geno is a reasonably priced back up for 2 more years.

Next year we are a couple of draft picks and one or two big free agents from being a real threat. These things take time.

agree idzik inherited a nightmare but the way to control spending isn't to throw away your checkbook.

Geno sucks.  Brick sucks.  But there is a big positive... hockey season is around the corner and I have only wasted 3 weeks of energy with this POS team.  This team, including the coaches, front office and owner, is effin' garbage from top to bottom -- with the exception of a few players operating in a vacuum who bring it every game. 

Completely agree. When you have a coach that talks as much as Ryan...all he says becomes a big blur very rapidly.  Ryan should get on his knees and kiss the rings. Maybe not Belichick as those are tainted...But anyone who has ever won a legitimate Superbowl. Most really bad teams can improve drastically given 2 seasons. Ryan has regressed and the 2 QB picks....Head scratching to say the least. 

Does everyone agree that Idzik inherited a nightmare? He has not even been the GM for 2 full seasons. He has gotten our out of control salary cap situation under control and his 1st draft yielded the DROY.

Your expectations are that he has us competing as a top 10 team and has also fixed the QB situation.... after one full year in the position. Please think for a minute. Geno was drafted in exactly the right spot. If he doesn't develop this year we simply continue the search for the right guy and Geno is a reasonably priced back up for 2 more years.

Next year we are a couple of draft picks and one or two big free agents from being a real threat. These things take time.

I def think idzik needs more time...........hell if we had a better QB this woudn't be a issue

Good QB's raise the level of play of their wr's

Good WR's are not going to turn a bad QB into a good one.

People are acting like Idzik didn't pull a boner with Geno.  That it isn't a big deal.  "All we lost

was a second round pick....." not that we've been basing our entire future on what is basically

a CFL quarterback.

They're really only basing the future of this season on Geno - unless Geno demonstrates over the course of this season that he's worth having the future beyond that based on him, too. He's improved significantly over last year, but he has to cut down the turnovers. If he can't do that, the Jets will be looking for a new starting QB next year. They're going to give Geno a long look this year, though, before they make that decision.

What is really troubling is if you look at McNabb early in his career for a minute. He had the same coach, just as little weapons on offense and was much, much better statistically than Geno is. Kind of a fair comparison to Geno in all areas. Geno's best comparison statistically at this point is Vince Young.

First off, I don't think it's entirely fair to compare second round Geno to the second and third overall picks in the draft, but he compares much more favorably than you're letting on. Better completion percentage than McNabb, a full yard better in ypa. It's just the damn interceptions.

They're really only basing the future of this season on Geno - unless Geno demonstrates over the course of this season that he's worth having the future beyond that based on him, too. He's improved significantly over last year, but he has to cut down the turnovers. If he can't do that, the Jets will be looking for a new starting QB next year. They're going to give Geno a long look this year, though, before they make that decision.

First off, I don't think it's entirely fair to compare second round Geno to the second and third overall picks in the draft, but he compares much more favorably than you're letting on. Better completion percentage than McNabb, a full yard better in ypa. It's just the damn interceptions.

can't hit a player in stride. can't hit a moving target. threw perhaps the most odious pick in team history last game. his numbers are going to get worse, not better, once defensive coordinators get adept at baiting him into more moron moments.

can't hit a player in stride. can't hit a moving target. threw perhaps the most odious pick in team history last game. his numbers are going to get worse, not better, once defensive coordinators get adept at baiting him into more moron moments.

Oh, you must be new here.

I don't think the Jets really give a crap about your predictions. Sure, they may come true. If they do, they'll be in the market for a new QB next year. Simple as that. If you're wrong, and he improves in the one critical area of not turning the ball over, they should be able to settle in with him as their QB. Which would be the ideal situation. So they're going to play this experiment out because it's the smart thing to do.

I don't think the Jets really give a crap about your predictions. Sure, they may come true. If they do, they'll be in the market for a new QB next year. Simple as that. If you're wrong, and he improves in the one critical area of not turning the ball over, they should be able to settle in with him as their QB. Which would be the ideal situation. So they're going to play this experiment out because it's the smart thing to do.

who the hell said the jets "give a crap" about anything that happens on this site? not sure why you turn everything into a personal thing. trying to have a discussion here. yeah i get it. my dad and i are conservative and you hate that. but let's just stick to football. personal vendetta getting tiresome. you are going all dinobot on us. willing to call a truce if you are. whaddaya say?

who the hell said the jets "give a crap" about anything that happens on this site? not sure why you turn everything into a personal thing. trying to have a discussion here.

You're being hyperbolic and emotional, and looking for the team to make decisions based on that hysteria. They're in it for the long haul. At least John Idzik hopes he is. He's wants to see Geno develop - or not. And he's not going to make a decision on him prematurely. Even if you're right that the Jets might win a few more games with Vick (debatable), that does nothing for the team and it's future other than slide them a few precious slots down in the draft when they're looking for a new QB.

They'll sink or swim with Geno this year, as they should. If they swim, then things are awesome here in Jetsland. If they sink, they'll be in better position to draft a new QB, and know for certain that they need one.

Turning to another QB with our best and only real threat on the outside injured...I don't see the logic.

Vick is a guy who needs a deep threat to be successful. We have the slowest group of receivers in football. Vick isnt going to pick teams apart on short passes...he just doesnt have that type of accuracy.

who the hell said the jets "give a crap" about anything that happens on this site? not sure why you turn everything into a personal thing. trying to have a discussion here. yeah i get it. my dad and i are conservative and you hate that. but let's just stick to football. personal vendetta getting tiresome. you are going all dinobot on us. willing to call a truce if you are. whaddaya say?

I responded before your edit. I don't give a crap about your politics, and don't talk about mine. We have a no politics rule here that I think works rather nicely. I could do without your dad's poopy humor and your insidious trolling, but that has nothing to do with which way you plan to vote this year.

Also, you're extremely sensitive for a guy who lives to get under other people's skin. Lol.

I responded before your edit. I don't give a crap about your politics, and don't talk about mine. We have a no politics rule here that I think works rather nicely. I could do without your dad's poopy humor and your insidious trolling, but that has nothing to do with which way you plan to vote this year.

Also, you're extremely sensitive for a guy who lives to get under other people's skin. Lol.

olive branch rejected. what an infant

You're being hyperbolic and emotional, and looking for the team to make decisions based on that hysteria. They're in it for the long haul. At least John Idzik hopes he is. He's wants to see Geno develop - or not. And he's not going to make a decision on him prematurely. Even if you're right that the Jets might win a few more games with Vick (debatable), that does nothing for the team and it's future other than slide them a few precious slots down in the draft when they're looking for a new QB.

They'll sink or swim with Geno this year, as they should. If they swim, then things are awesome here in Jetsland. If they sink, they'll be in better position to draft a new QB, and know for certain that they need one.

great thing about being a fan is you can have opinions. i got mine. you can't make me stop sharing them. nanny-nanny boo boo, doody head.

olive branch rejected. what an infant

great thing about being a fan is you can have opinions. i got mine. you can't make me stop sharing them. nanny-nanny boo boo, doody head.

Lol. Extremely sensitive in an ironic way.

If you really want your truce, stick to talking football. Like I did in response to you. If you were full of crap, keep this up.

@slats,

I don't think "experiments"  are what football teams (at least good teams) do. Sure sometimes out of NEED like Brady for example, you find a gem in the rough. But if Geno was an experiment., we have clowns at the helm and it should be cleaned up from top to bottom.

I don't think "experiments"  are what football teams (at least good teams) do. Sure sometimes out of NEED like Brady for example, you find a gem in the rough. But if Geno was an experiment., we have clowns at the helm and it should be cleaned up from top to bottom.

The Jets took a QB in the second round of the draft in a weak class last year. Kid was thrown into the fire prematurely due to the injury to Sanchez. He wasn't ready. He's still making mistakes this year, but he's also shown some real improvement. The team needs a QB going forward. Geno, for all his flaws, is their best option. The Jets aren't built to win now, so putting the band-aid that is Michael Vick on the problem is no solution. Much better to ride it out with Geno and see if he gets better or worse. If he gets better, maybe they have a QB. If he gets worse, then they know they have to get one next year.

If he gets better, the Jets will win games. If he gets worse, they'll lose games and be in better draft position as well. The people looking for Rex to be fired might also get their wish.

I understand not liking the kid, but sticking with him this year is the smart play.

@slats,

hey don, dontcha know the jets don't give a crap about your opinions. i heard that from a mod. wonder why this site even exists. i thought this was a direct line to woody this whole time. but i do give a crap about your very astute observation here.

The Jets took a QB in the second round of the draft in a weak class last year. Kid was thrown into the fire prematurely due to the injury to Sanchez. He wasn't ready. He's still making mistakes this year, but he's also shown some real improvement. The team needs a QB going forward. Geno, for all his flaws, is their best option. The Jets aren't built to win now, so putting the band-aid that is Michael Vick on the problem is no solution. Much better to ride it out with Geno and see if he gets better or worse. If he gets better, maybe they have a QB. If he gets worse, then they know they have to get one next year.

If he gets better, the Jets will win games. If he gets worse, they'll lose games and be in better draft position as well. The people looking for Rex to be fired might also get their wish.

I understand not liking the kid, but sticking with him this year is the smart play.

smart how? it's obvious that he stinks and doesn't have the gray matter to ever get it. cut losses and establish vick as starter. at the very least don't repeat sanchez mistake by claiming competition and making him de facto unbenchable. jalen saunders benched for muffing a punt. geno untouchable despite historically bad qb play. let's see if he uses a ride on the pine as motivation or tries to run and hide like he did from the draft until his agent talked him off the ledge. if he wilts, well back to qb search next year who can actually be developed properly by sitting behind vick for a year or until he gets hurt.

Archived