Jets were jobbed by the Refs

PatriotReign37

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When every week you blame the refs might be time to clean off the mirror

They are part of the problem. I think the complaints are justified, mostly, and most the people talking about it recognize that it isn't the only obstacle to winning, it's just the one obstacle that shouldn't be there.

It's one thing to accept terrible football for another year, it's another to watch the league kick you while you are down and take away any shot you have at something enjoyable to watch.

They are part of the problem. I think the complaints are justified, mostly, and most the people talking about it recognize that it isn't the only obstacle to winning, it's just the one obstacle that shouldn't be there.

It's one thing to accept terrible football for another year, it's another to watch the league kick you while you are down and take away any shot you have at something enjoyable to watch.

Chicago fans would be bitching about the phantom first from amaro if jets pulled that one out. Not saying refs dont screw the pooch sometimes just that if the margin of error is so razor thin that every week we find ourselves having the same discussion over and over, then that means there is more to it than that

Chicago fans would be bitching about the phantom first from amaro if jets pulled that one out. Not saying refs dont screw the pooch sometimes just that if the margin of error is so razor thin that every week we find ourselves having the same discussion over and over, then that means there is more to it than that

the BS PI call on Walls and the blown dead fumble recovery cost the Jets 14 points. that isn't a razor thin margin. that's a 14 point swing.

Yep every week its the refs. If it makes you feel better, i dont begrudge you

:face:

ah yes, I forgot, the willfully ignorant is strong in this one.

by no means do the Jets not make mistakes. but they shouldn't have to also overcome the mistakes of the officials, week in and week out. you don't think it's weird that nearly every time the Jets have a big play or prevent a big play, a flag is thrown? not strange at all? or that it's happening all over the league? ok.

:face:

ah yes, I forgot, the willfully ignorant is strong in this one.

by no means do the Jets not make mistakes. but they shouldn't have to also overcome the mistakes of the officials, week in and week out. you don't think it's weird that nearly every time the Jets have a big play or prevent a big play, a flag is thrown? not strange at all? or that it's happening all over the league? ok.

No need to get personal. Im not the one with more excuses than a pregnant nun.

that isn't personal. it's you being purposefully thick. that's ok. since you don't seem to like the Jets much anyway, I guess it doesn't matter.

Wear the baggy frock, you can hide it from the monseingeur for a couple months at least

Uh huh. Blaming the players for losing a game is such a shocking departure from logic i must be blind. So is it a boy or girl? From the look of things its twins.

nobody here isn't blaming the players. we are merely saying that the officiating is another thing to overcome and it shouldn't be. and it's league-wide, not just the Jets. reading comprehension not your strong suit?

nobody here isn't blaming the players. we are merely saying that the officiating is another thing to overcome and it shouldn't be. and it's league-wide, not just the Jets. reading comprehension not your strong suit?

I can tell your emotions are difficult to control right now. Sleep it off and we can talk tomorrow.

The fumble that wasn't, but was would have returned for 6.

The last play was PI and no call.

You know its bad when the refereeing gets so bad that the PI non-call at the end of the game didnt even cause me to yell at my TV. I just sat there and thought, how did the refs not call that a PI yet called a PI on Walls in the 1st quarter when it was Jeffery that obviously grabbed Walls. 

The game calling has been horrible since preseason, but it has now graduated to dictating the outcome of games. 

you've got no real response, so you revert to either sexist and/or inane blathering. good job.

What was the question? Whether blaming the refs week in and week out makes you more of a jets fan than admitting the jets suck? Well i have no response. I think geno sucks. You think that makes me less of a fan. I am left to conclude you are taking all of this too personally and are very emotional and incapable of objectivity. Does that answer your question? I dont want to upset you in your fragile state. If it makes you feel better i am not calling your fandom into question, although if it gives you some solace feel free to continue doing the same to me.

Dude, seriously???

Uh huh. Blaming the players for losing a game is such a shocking departure from logic i must be blind. So is it a boy or girl? From the look of things its twins.

Blaming the players for losing is logical, ignoring the influences from non players in order to keep your blaming of players consistent is f'ing retarded....not blind. 

Blaming the players for losing is logical, ignoring the influences from non players in order to keep your blaming of players consistent is f'ing retarded....not blind.

Not ignoring it just saying crap qb play was far and away the proximate cause of the loss, while the bad calls/no calls were contributing factors. The jets cant do much about the latter, but there is plenty for them to do regarding the former. So that is where i choose to direct my rage.

Not ignoring it just saying crap qb play was far and away the proximate cause of the loss, while the bad calls/no calls were contributing factors. The jets cant do much about the latter, but there is plenty for them to do regarding the former. So that is where i choose to direct my rage.

No it wasnt, Geno gave up 7 points on a pick. The refs gave Chicago 14 points on a def PI call that was an off PI if anything and blew the whistle on an obvious fumble that you could see clear as day. 

And Geno wasnt as bad as Rex Ryan was tonight. Geno has played 19 professional games in his young career. Rex has a reputation around the league yet for the past 5 years I have yet to understand where he's gotten it from because his "Revis-less" defense stops no one. 

Im not here to say that your point is baseless, its very well on point. But what you're doing is acting like fans are making excuses by pointing at the refs as if they're doing that in order to not say that it was their team. Thats not the case. The refs literally called two bad games, both the Jets just so happen to lose. Can I say that the Jets blew a 21-3 lead? yes, but they blew that lead to the best QB in football who doesnt need help from the refs which it seemed like he had. Now I can also say that Milliner shouldn't have been in that game at all and that would have guaranteed that Nelson wouldnt have had anything near 200 yards, but neither the bad play by the jets or the bad decision/calls by the refs cancels one another out, the problem is player decisions/plays are supposed to dictate points, not refs...so you damn right refs mess up's will stand out more because their purpose on the field isn't to swing points, yet they've done it twice. 

No it wasnt, Geno gave up 7 points on a pick. The refs gave Chicago 14 points on a def PI call that was an off PI if anything and blew the whistle on an obvious fumble that you could see clear as day.

And Geno wasnt as bad as Rex Ryan was tonight. Geno has played 19 professional games in his young career. Rex has a reputation around the league yet for the past 5 years I have yet to understand where he's gotten it from because his "Revis-less" defense stops no one.

Im not here to say that your point is baseless, its very well on point. But what you're doing is acting like fans are making excuses by pointing at the refs as if they're doing that in order to not say that it was their team. Thats not the case. The refs literally called two bad games, both the Jets just so happen to lose. Can I say that the Jets blew a 21-3 lead? yes, but they blew that lead to the best QB in football who doesnt need help from the refs which it seemed like he had. Now I can also say that Milliner shouldn't have been in that game at all and that would have guaranteed that Nelson wouldnt have had nothing near 200 yards, but neither the bad play by the jets or the bad decision/calls by the refs cancels one another out, the problem is player decisions/plays are supposed to dictate points, not refs...so you damn right refs mess up's will stand out more because their purpose on the field isn't to swing points yet they've done it twice.

I blame marty for gb loss (horrid call to end half resulting in ten point swing and TO, which will go down in jets lore right under the butt fumble) and geno for this one (total red zone ineptitude, despite the calls you reference jets had many chances to score down there) refs just shot a load on our corpse while the grave was being dug

I blame marty for gb loss (horrid call to end half resulting in ten point swing) and geno for his one (total red zone ineptitude) refs just shot a load on our corpse while the grave was being dug

I certainly do too. I actually blame marty big time for that GB loss, The refs did swing points in that game though. This game I blame rex because of his ability to expose his weaknesses with this man coverage scheme that we obviously are not able to run efficiently. Player wise, I blame Geno though until you're in your 3rd year as a QB then I simply expect games like this. I will say this though, Geno Smith has absolutely no one to throw the ball to outside of Jeremy Kerley. Greg Salas was the only guy to step up in a big moment. Amaro? he drops a deep pass at a big moment. Nelson? He fumbles the ball twice tonight. There's literally no other target to even name which is absolutely pathetic. Its so pathetic that the bears worst WR on their team was our #1 just a year ago. 

I certainly do too. I actually blame marty big time for that GB loss, The refs did swing points in that game though. This game I blame rex because of his ability to expose his weaknesses with this man coverage scheme that we obviously are not able to run efficiently. Player wise, I blame Geno though until you're in your 3rd year as a QB then I simply expect games like this. I will say this though, Geno Smith has absolutely no one to throw the ball to outside of Jeremy Kerley. Greg Salas was the only guy to step up in a big moment. Amaro? he drops a deep pass at a big moment. Nelson? He fumbles the ball twice tonight. There's literally no other target to even name which is absolutely pathetic. Its so pathetic that the bears worst WR on their team was our #1 just a year ago.

And that we are starting a wr cut by the bills. Lol. Problem is if you cant judge a qb until he has weapons, and you cant get weapons until you are sure you have the qb of the future.... Not sure how to proceed under those assumptions.

And that we are starting a wr cut by the bills. Lol. Problem is if you cant judge a qb until he has weapons, and you cant get weapons until you are sure you have the qb of the future.... Not sure how to proceed under those assumptions.

Seems like the bills have the answer because imo they certainly dont have the QB, but their WR's collectively is hands down the best in this division and will compete with most of the WR groups in the league....and thats even with giving up Stevie Johnson. 

Seems like the bills have the answer because imo they certainly dont have the QB, but their WR's collectively is hands down the best in this division and will compete with most of the WR groups in the league....and thats even with giving up Stevie Johnson.

If thats what youd like to see here doubt idzik is the man for you. Seems he waits until madam zelda tells him a window has just opened before he goes all in on talent in FA.

The fumble that wasn't, but was would have returned for 6.

The last play was PI and no call.

A lot of last plays of close games are PIs that do not get called. He clearly put a body on Kerley before the ball arrived and it nudged him out, but i am not sure Geno's pass would have kept him in.

Im not here to say that your point is baseless, its very well on point. But what you're doing is acting like fans are making excuses by pointing at the refs as if they're doing that in order to not say that it was their team. Thats not the case. The refs literally called two bad games, both the Jets just so happen to lose. Can I say that the Jets blew a 21-3 lead? yes, but they blew that lead to the best QB in football who doesnt need help from the refs which it seemed like he had. Now I can also say that Milliner shouldn't have been in that game at all and that would have guaranteed that Nelson wouldnt have had anything near 200 yards, but neither the bad play by the jets or the bad decision/calls by the refs cancels one another out, the problem is player decisions/plays are supposed to dictate points, not refs...so you damn right refs mess up's will stand out more because their purpose on the field isn't to swing points, yet they've done it twice.

I am a Geno supporter. But last night disturbed me for two reasons. All QBs have INTs. I will not have a snit fit if he throws one. But he threw 5 or 6 balls last night that could have been intercepted. I know QBs throw one of these just about every game too and get away with it, but he threw 5 or 6! I was back to worrying about him every play like last year, and like I did in Sanchez time. The second thing that bothered me was that as bad as his receivers were, the Bears secondary was a joke. So many guys down, Tillman out. And still they could do nothing. Particularly in the red zone. I DO NOT WANT GENO BENCHED. He was dogged and kept coming. I like that. Now, as a side note, can we get rid of David Nelson? He is the softest slob I have ever seen. Put two balls on the ground last night. I cannot stand him. Last year every catch he made, he came off the field holding a body part. defense? They did better in the second half. You are not going to dial up a lot of 3 and outs with our secondary. Finally, I was flipping around a little, did Ivory get hurt?

unfortunately, that was the rules.  if they didn't blow the play dead it would have been a TD.  

i will say that the refs made a terrible call on the Jeffery PI that gave them the ball at the 3 yd line and from what i could see missed TONS of holding calls on the Bears O-Line.

When every week you blame the refs might be time to clean off the mirror

I am not one to blame the refs, and have often argued the topic with with BleedinGreen who considers blaming the refs a birthright. 

But last night, the refs absolutely cost the Jets the game.

Archived