Jets were jobbed by the Refs

PatriotReign37

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not one to blame the refs, and have often argued the topic with with BleedinGreen who considers blaming the refs a birthright.

But last night, the refs absolutely cost the Jets the game.

Focus on whatever you want. I choose to focus on the abhorrent qb play. If geno wasn't historically bad, we'd be in much better shape to win close games than hoping in vain that the refs suddenly become 100 percent accurate. The cutler fumble was bang bang, sure with benefit of slow motion it is obvious ball was out but making that in real time? It's basically a coin toss

The fumble that wasn't, but was would have returned for 6.

The last play was PI and no call.

You know I'm not even joking when I say they did get robbed on the that last play. I don't know how you don't call that pass interference when the db didn't even make an attempt on the ball, he just used his body to box the WR out of the end zone. This is the same no call PI the Pats lost to the panthers on last season. I think calling it that way gives the defense an undue advantage.

Cute goofy line but he refs has a hand in 17 points.

Hey you can root against the refs every week if you want. I prefer to see better play from the jets -- you know the part the front office, coaches, and team can control. But if it makes you feel better to do what every fan of every losing team does--rail against the refs and conjure some victim mentality up rather than accept your team sucks--have at boy-o. Inaccuracy of refs has been a running joke since the beginning of the history of sport. It is like blaming the weatherman for getting rained on when it it you who chooses not to keep an umbrella in your bag.

Hey you can root against the refs every week if you want. I prefer to see better play from the jets -- you know the part the front office, coaches, and team can control. But if it makes you feel better to do what every fan of every losing team does--rail against the refs and conjure some victim mentality up rather than accept your team sucks--have at boy-o. Inaccuracy of refs has been a running joke since the beginning of the history of sport. It is like blaming the weatherman for getting rained on when it it you who chooses not to keep an umbrella in your bag.

Dude, a PATRIOTS fan and known Jets sh*t talker started this thread.  Your argument is invalid.

Everyone here who roots for the Green & White wants to see the Jets play improve.  The problem is we've played well enough to win the last two weeks and had to deal with extra factors that helped us lose.  So people are naturally going to complain.  Why continue to bicker about it?  Just leave the thread.

Dude, a PATRIOTS fan and known Jets sh*t talker started this thread. Your argument is invalid.

Everyone here who roots for the Green & White wants to see the Jets play improve. The problem is we've played well enough to win the last two weeks and had to deal with extra factors that helped us lose. So people are naturally going to complain. Why continue to bicker about it? Just leave the thread.

Lol a pats thread started this thread. Therefor everything posted in it is invalid. Man how do you ever lose a debate with unassailable logic an rhetoric like that?

Lol a pats thread started this thread. Therefor everything posted in it is invalid. Man how do you ever lose a debate with unassailable logic an rhetoric like that?

Generally, PR37 would be the type to be clearly on your side on this debate.  He hates the Jets.

Most of the time, complaining about the refs is bush league.  These last couple weeks it holds a lot more water.  There are plenty of other threads to talk about what the Jets need to do to improve.  This isn't the sole focus.  Your ability to use big words doesn't make you smarter than the rest of us on this particular topic.

Generally, PR37 would be the type to be clearly on your side on this debate. He hates the Jets.

Most of the time, complaining about the refs is bush league. These last couple weeks it holds a lot more water. There are plenty of other threads to talk about what the Jets need to do to improve. This isn't the sole focus. Your ability to use big words doesn't make you smarter than the rest of us on this particular topic.

Don't hate the jets. Love them too much. Don't care if your kid strikes out at tee ball, but I do care if my kid does.

Regarding the refs--they suck. Everyone knows this. They have always sucked and blown calls and always will. You have "won" the debate. No one disputes it and no one ever will. However rational minds focus on things that are not set in stone for all time, although beginning to think poor jets executive decision making and qb play might also be in that category.

Wait, people are actually blaming the defence?

I find it hilarious that people are saying they folded down the stretch when in reality we needed a ******* TD anyways. 

They gave us a chance which we couldn't take. They done more than enough for us to win that game. Including running a fumble back and having it taken away.

So when we win, complaining about the refs is bush league, when we lose it's valid?...am I following?...Im with jgb on this, we lost last night because our QB was the worst player on the field...now we can talk about whether that's him or his environment or his supporting cast etc etc but he was just awful....any other talk is just dodging the real problem for another week

unfortunately, that was the rules.  if they didn't blow the play dead it would have been a TD.  

i will say that the refs made a terrible call on the Jeffery PI that gave them the ball at the 3 yd line and from what i could see missed TONS of holding calls on the Bears O-Line.

They were even talking about it on the radio last night. Asking what does Sheldon Richardson have to do to get a someone to throw a flag for holding him.

These guys have no clue right now on what to call and what not to call anymore. It isn't just the Jets it is all over the NFL. It has become an embarrassment.

Chicago fans would be bitching about the phantom first from amaro if jets pulled that one out. Not saying refs dont screw the pooch sometimes just that if the margin of error is so razor thin that every week we find ourselves having the same discussion over and over, then that means there is more to it than that

I commented in the game thread about the bad calls going both ways. I've been pretty consistent saying that the bad calls don't help, and have hurt us more than the bad calls our opponents have gotten, especially when you consider the rest of the slop we are putting on the field.

In other words... the bad calls are insult to injury, imo. We can't get out of our own ******* way, and that is problem #1, but it doesn't help that the refs are kicking us while we're down.

I commented in the game thread about the bad calls going both ways. I've been pretty consistent saying that the bad calls don't help, and have hurt us more than the bad calls our opponents have gotten, especially when you consider the rest of the slop we are putting on the field.

In other words... the bad calls are insult to injury, imo. We can't get out of our own ******* way, and that is problem #1, but it doesn't help that the refs are kicking us while we're down.

GOD STOP DEFENDING THE JETS. lol

The refs did honestly suck both ways, but based on circumstance the Jets got screwed.  The PI on Walls was horrific and obvious offensive PI (a point of empshasis).  Calling Cutler down cost 7 and the last play was ridiculous.  That is the one that bothered me most because they should have been given the chance.  Fuller was probably not out of bounds when he recovered that fumble, but he did not reestablish either.  Amaro looked short, but it did seem that the tape was inconclusive.  The roughing calls seemed sh*t and unevenly called both ways. 

Plenty of sh*t to complain about with the refs, but if the Jets don't turn the ball over 3 times and go 1 for 6 in the red zone, we are not having this discussion.

agree but I will say this: it's the whole league. it's not just the Jets. this has to be addressed in some way at some point, if not this season then after. I get the NFL wants offense, but the way the game is being called is ridiculously inconsistent.

i agree with this. crap play puts us in the position where bad calls deliver the easy death blow. even when a call goes our way (amaro first down, as one example), we can't capitalize on it.

agree but I will say this: it's the whole league. it's not just the Jets. this has to be addressed in some way at some point, if not this season then after. I get the NFL wants offense, but the way the game is being called is ridiculously inconsistent.

The officiating is awful. Jets got robbed of at least 7 and probably 14 last night. Maybe even 21. But in spite of that they still had their opportunities on both sides of the ball and came up short way too often. Good coaches and good teams find a way with this bullsh*t, we get left with our dicks in our hands. This team is so unorganized, so undisciplined, and so unprepared on both sides of the ball that every little bit of outside noise gets magnified times a billion.

Plenty of sh*t to complain about with the refs, but if the Jets don't turn the ball over 3 times and go 1 for 6 in the red zone, we are not having this discussion.

Exactly, as bad as we got screwed, it's nothing compared to how badly we screwed ourselves. 

THE BEARS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!! And we let 'em off the hook!

Focus on whatever you want. I choose to focus on the abhorrent qb play. If geno wasn't historically bad, we'd be in much better shape to win close games than hoping in vain that the refs suddenly become 100 percent accurate. The cutler fumble was bang bang, sure with benefit of slow motion it is obvious ball was out but making that in real time? It's basically a coin toss

No reason to blow the whistle though. None

The officiating is awful. Jets got robbed of at least 7 and probably 14 last night. Maybe even 21. But in spite of that they still had their opportunities on both sides of the ball and came up short way too often. Good coaches and good teams find a way with this bullsh*t, we get left with our dicks in our hands. This team is so unorganized, so undisciplined, and so unprepared on both sides of the ball that every little bit of outside noise gets magnified times a billion.

Meh, we aren't a good team. The roster alone proves that.

Getting jobbed out of 14-21 points is tough for any team to overcome against a good opponent.. We will not be a team capable of doing that starting supermarket baggers at WR and UPS drivers at CB

All of you saying we had our chances to win.. are completely ignoring why we had our chances.. We for the most part outplayed them.. I am not sure why coaching is not given some credit there.

Meh, we aren't a good team. The roster alone proves that.

Getting jobbed out of 14-21 points is tough for any team to overcome against a good opponent.. We will not be a team capable of doing that starting supermarket baggers at WR and UPS drivers at CB

All of you saying we had our chances to win.. are completely ignoring why we had our chances.. We for the most part outplayed them.. I am not sure why coaching is not given some credit there.

Coaching only gets blame for mistakes. 

Coaching never gets credit for positives. Ever. 

No you don't. The refs are trained to let that play out, especially under 2 minutes where they review it anyways. Totally blown call.

Yep. I thought that was the point of emphasis 2 seasons ago or something. It's an utterly blown call that had me flipping my sh*t because he had a clear path to the end zone. If it's close at all, just ******* hold the whistle and let the guy score. What are the odds a coach isn't going to challenge that call anyways? Blowing it dead was just a ******* braindead move.

Archived