Geno not progressing, Really Really Really?

DRJETS

When was the last time you saw a Jets team move the ball at will like now?  Which one of the Jets receiving corps is a starter in another team with the exception of Decker who had been hurt since the second quarter of week 2?  Throwing to Nelson, Salas, Amaro, etc.  The last play on offense of this game, really says it all, if you watch the replay in slow motion, there is zero separation by the Jets receiving corps.  When a 5'8 is our end zone threat really tell you the lack of talent on offense.   I'll be scare if I were a Dorkfins fan and seen my QB in his third year hovering around 50% pass completion.  We were competitive against two great teams and if we got a fair officiating, no doubt we could have been 3-0. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a valid excuse.

For 8 years or whatever??? You can still evaluate a qb without all world talent. Maybe his support cast stinks but that doesnt equal a get out of jail free card. Explain to me how lack of talent explains that first pick six.

We are burned out of the aint gotz dem weaponnzzzz excuses.

There's a difference between bitching that a guy has to throw to Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards and bitching that a guy is being expected to put up 8 points in a do-or-die situation throwing to guys who'd otherwise be selling cars.

When was the last time you saw a Jets team move the ball at will like now? Which one of the Jets receiving corps is a starter in another team with the exception of Decker who had been hurt since the second quarter of week 2? Throwing to Nelson, Salas, Amaro, etc. The last play on offense of this game, really says it all, if you watch the replay in slow motion, there is zero separation by the Jets receiving corps. When a 5'8 is our end zone threat really tell you the lack of talent on offense. I'll be scare if I were a Dorkfins fan and seen my QB in his third year hovering around 50% pass completion. We were competitive against two great teams and if we got a fair officiating, no doubt we could have been 3-0.

he was the worst player on the field tonight ..lets please stop it with the officiating , and since when are the bears a great team ??? We were competetive against a mediocre team at home ? shoot for those stars baby

For 8 years or whatever??? You can still evaluate a qb without all world talent. Maybe his support cast stinks but that doesnt equal a get out of jail free card. Explain to me how lack of talent explains that first pick six.

It doesnt. But it does explain why were an abortion in the redzone. It's hard to score points from the 20 and in when our receivers cant win one on one matchups. You can scheme guys open between the 20's...inside the 20's you need playmakers. The Bears have three huge matchup nightmares that Cutler can just lob the ball up to in the RZ. We have 5'10 Jeremy Kerley and David f'ing Nelson...who is HORRIBLE.

There's a difference between bitching that a guy has to throw to Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards and bitching that a guy is being expected to put up 8 points in a do-or-die situation throwing to guys who'd otherwise be selling cars.

I hear ya but as many have said you gotta solve the qb question first. How can you ever do that if any qb is doomed due to da badderest weaponzz so you can never evaluate himand know whether you got the guy? Geno doesnt pass the smell test. Period.

It doesnt. But it does explain why were an abortion in the redzone. It's ahrd to score points from the 20 and in when our receivers cant win one on one matchups. You can scheme guys open between the 20's...inside the 20's you need playmakers.

Yes starting with the guy throwing the ball. You know the most important playmaker on the field.

h was the worst player on the field tonight ..lets please stop it with the officiating , and since she are the bears a great team ??? We were competetive against a mediocre team at home ? Wow shoot for those stars baby

Really?  You really invested a lot from the very beginning for Geno to fail.   And another mediocre team on the road, right?

he was the worst player on the field tonight ..lets please stop it with the officiating , and since when are the bears a great team ??? We were competetive against a mediocre team at home ? shoot for those stars baby

The Bears can score on you no doubt but their secondary was bad before the injuries. As bad as the Bears secondary is the Jets WR's were just as bad.

You should be praying vick gets the start. When he sucks than you can blame weapons. Unless youre worried he will be better....

If we're worried about not making dumb turnovers...Vick is the last guy you want in the game. I dont care if they put VIck in, this team stinks and is poorly coached...but Vick brings nothing exciting to the table for me. He can't make enough big plays on his own anymore.

If we're worried about not making dumb turnovers...Vick is the last guy you want in the game. I dont care if they put VIck in, this team stinks and is poorly coached...but Vick brings nothing exciting to the table for me. He can't make enough big plays on his own anymore.

Would be pretty impressive if vick could increase the number of stupid turnovers committed by this team

Really? You really invested a lot from the very beginning for Geno to fail. And another mediocre team on the road, right?

yes Green Bay is mediocre but that's not the point , The point is we need to stop crying about refs, we lost tonight because Geno was atrocious

Today was the first time it looked Geno took a step back this season. Both INT's were inexplicable. He took one sack in the red zone and did not get rid of the ball once outside the tackle box. Which is sad because he has done a lot of small things this season that shows he is taking strides forward but then has plays where you scratch your head.

This season looks like JETS have an offense that can score around 20 points a game. So our defense better be able to keep the opposition to less than 20 points. In a game where refs impact a 2 TD swing its difficult to do that for this defense the way its structured.

Better hope we are able to do this all season or else its going to be a long long season.

yes Green Bay is mediocre but that's not the point , The point is we need to stop crying about refs, we lost tonight because Geno was atrocious

Yeah Geno stopped the whistle when Cutler fumbled the ball, negating 7 points.  It was Geno on third down who called a pi on Walls when it was actually Joffrey who hold walls's hand.  Both plays resulted in 14 points turnaround.  This is hilarious.

Geno has all the tools and is exceptionally athletic.  Mark Sanchez, too, has all the tools and is exceptionally athletic.  Both are able to look like stars on a given play, or even throughout a game.  But both Geno and Mark suffer the same fatal flaw.  Low football I.Q.  They can't read defenses quickly.  This leads to either holding the ball too long and making late, inaccurate throws, or throwing quickly into double or even triple coverage when a better option is available.  It was Sanchez's downfall and looks to be Geno's Achilles heal as well. 

Yeah Geno stopped the whistle when Cutler fumbled the ball, negating 7 points. It was Geno on third down who called a pi on Walls when it was actually Joffrey who hold walls's hand. Both plays resulted in 14 points turnaround. This is hilarious.

your right it is hilarious that anyone can come away from that game and blame anyone other than Geno for that loss, I guess we'll just have to disagree no big deal

your right it is hilarious that anyone can come away from that game and blame anyone other than Geno for that loss, I guess we'll just have to disagree no big deal

Everyone grieves in their own way. Dont judge others for not advancing from blaming others to acceptance that the jets suck yet. Give them time.

Wait you were questioning the validity of Jets fans feeling robbed by the refs and I pointed to you two blatantly called that resulted in 14 points turnaround.  Even Jon Gruden saw it and was commenting on it the entire game, why didn't you saw it? Could it be cause you got your eyes fixated on Geno is bad?

Wait you were questioning the validity of Jets fans feeling robbed by the refs and I pointed to you two blatantly called that resulted in 14 points turnaround. Even Jon Gruden saw it and was commenting on it the entire game, why didn't you saw it? Could it be cause you got your eyes fixated on Geno is bad?

refs sucked I stated that originally, they suck every week, they always have and always will suck, they are most likely corrupt and given marching orders from the league to make sure certain teams win certain games...all that being said we lost tonight because our QB was the worst player on the field

Wait you were questioning the validity of Jets fans feeling robbed by the refs and I pointed to you two blatantly called that resulted in 14 points turnaround.  Even Jon Gruden saw it and was commenting on it the entire game, why didn't you saw it? Could it be cause you got your eyes fixated on Geno is bad?

Ever notce you always get stopped at red lights? Its because no one notices a light they sail through. Bad calls are a screw job while call for us are automatically considered good calls by jets fans. Totally natural to focus on the bad but every fan bitches about the refs. Every single one. Every team cant be disproportionately screwed by the refs. A bad call for one team helps another, its a zero sum game yet every fan complains.

refs sucked I stated that originally, they suck every week, they always have and always will suck, they are most likely corrupt and given marching orders from the league to make sure certain teams win certain games...all that being said we lost tonight because our QB was the worst player on the field

You are so blind that you cannot even see the entire field.  Did you happens to see Chris Johnson tonight,NO?

You are so blind that you cannot even see the entire field. Did you happens to see Chris Johnson tonight,NO?

ok your right, I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to the league , with any luck we'll be 3-0 by Wednesday

Ever notce you always get stopped at red lights? Its because no one notices a light they sail through. Bad calls are a screw job while call for us are automatically considered good calls by jets fans. Totally natural to focus on the bad but every fan bitches about the refs. Every single one. Every team cant be disproportionately screwed by the refs. A bad call for one team helps another, its a zero sum game yet every fan complains.

Did you happen to see the game? How important was those two plays?  A great team like the Broncos or the Seahawk might overcome those 14 points but not a talentless team like the Jets.   

Archived