Good, Bad, and Ugly

sirlancemehlot

Was at the game 15 rows from the field and was able to see the full 22 every play.  Some of the following may surprise you.

The good:

Our Rookie Safety is solid and plays with attitude.  He's going to be a force in years to come.  He's fearless and knows where the ball is headed, and can tackle with the best of them.

Brian Winters.  No, really.  his run blocking, especially early on, was aggressive and effective, and he plays to the whistle every snap.  I focused on him and was actually taken aback by his ability to move and block on the run at the second level, and lock on to multiple defenders in a single play.  He was actually hurt by the play of Ferguson today (see: the ugly).

David Harris.  Never makes a mistake and is the surest tackler on the team.  Demario Davis gets an honorable mention as well.

Babin.  Showed he has something left in the tank.  Harassed Cutler every snap he got. 

Ivory.  Badly underutilized this game.  #1 Rushing offense versus the #29 rushing defense.  Ivory running over and through everyone in his path.  Sent Conte to the sidelines by trucking him.  Yet MW decided to throw throw throw.  Only Marty knows why.

Folk.  Continues to be our best weapon.  Which is sad.

The bad:

Refs taking 7 away from us on a bad call with a quick whistle.

Wilson having no neck, was unable to turn and see Cutler running for a first down, and instead trailed a WR down the sideline never once checking the flat even after 6 solid seconds had passed. 

Geno taking more bad sacks by running backward in a straight line.

Rex throwing the Zero blitz at Cutler time and again, showing he has no faith in his DB's to cover.

The Ugly:

Geno with another pick 6.  Geno with a pick in the redzone.  Geno with poor accuracy due to holding the ball too long.

Jalen Saunders.  YOU HAVE ONE JOB.  or at least you did.  Idzik looking foolish for keeping the one-trick Pony that has no tricks.  Hill or Ford were likely better choices than the Mighty Might.  Time to cut bait.

Chris Johnson.  The speedster couldn't catch the DB on Geno's pick, indicating the speedster isn't quite as speedy as we'd hoped.  Having no wiggle, and unable to run over people, the speedster is likely cashing his retirement checks while still employed here.

Jace Amaro.  I dunno.  Guy is a numbskull.  No field awareness, no hands.  He's worse than our favorite JAG Cumberland, and looks like he'll join Hill, Ducasse and others as the Jets 2nd rounder that just football's badly. 

Ferguson.  Wow.  He didn't block anyone today.  And Jared Allen made him look like a little girl.  Always liked Ferg.  But he just played one of his worst games in green and white tonight,. 

In the UGLY its the Vick play. There have been 6 Vick plays in 3 games. These 6 plays have netted total of 3 yards. Each and every one of them have not led to a first down after Vick's involvement. So what we have  is 6 offensive drives were killed because of Vick's involvement.

Given how our defense is doing right now and given we do not have the most proficient offense int he league those 6 drive killing played had a  HUGE on  the JETS. And yet we continue to have those plays every game. This is not your garden variety of bone headedness. It really takes the special kind of bone headed. Once i was walking the downtown streets and a filthy homeless guy dressed in dirty rags came toward me and made a very loud sound which went something like "Brumhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" . Even that guy was less bone headed than the JETS coaches.

In the UGLY its the Vick play. There have been 6 Vick plays in 3 games. These 6 plays have netted total of 3 yards. Each and every one of them have not led to a first down after Vick's involvement. So what we have  is 6 offensive drives were killed because of Vick's involvement.

Given how our defense is doing right now and given we do not have the most proficient offense int he league those 6 drive killing played had a  HUGE on  the JETS. And yet we continue to have those plays every game. This is not your garden variety of bone headedness. It really takes the special kind of bone headed. Once i was walking the downtown streets and a filthy homeless guy dressed in dirty rags came toward me and made a very loud sound which went something like "Brumhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" . Even that guy was less bone headed than the JETS coaches.

I want vick in. Tonight was final straw. We dump sanchez who was king of pick 6 well guess who leads league in pick sixes since beginning of last season? Geno with 6. 6! All that being said, i do not agree with bring vick in for odd plays. Dont want to disrupt a qbs rhythm and really what is a cold qb expected to do in two plays a game anyway?

Oh Pullleaze give a rest. Vick is this team's only hope. Go Brumhhhhhhhhhhhhhh elsewhere.

The Good:  The Game is over.

The Bad:  We could have won.

The Ugly:  The Next Four Games.

6 of the next 7 are vs. winning or troubling teams.  Lions, Chargers, Broncs, Pats, Bills, Chiefs, Steelers.  We could easily go 2-8 by the break. If Geno continues to start, that's our record.

Rex throwing the Zero blitz at Cutler time and again, showing he has no faith in his DB's to cover.

Are you saying he should have faith in those DB's to cover?

#24, whoever the **** that is, made one of the worst plays I've ever seen in football. I'd have more faith in a ******* college secondary. 

i gotta say, keeping Hakim and Saunders only for kick and punt returns respectively is one of the worst things I've heard.  leaves us with Decker, Kerley, Nelson and Salas as the only WRs that "contribute" on offense.  Hakim had a bad turnover last week and Saunders had a bad turnover this week.  Time to worry about finding WRs that can actually play offense instead of keeping a guy or two to contribute on STs only.

i'm pretty sure Brick only gave up one sack.  maybe i wasn't watching closely enough but the line seemed to be pretty solid once again.

it's time to use Ivory as our every-down back.  i think CJ has an opportunity to contribute significantly, but Ivory looks like he's got tons of juice and CJ doesn't.

Amaro dropped 1 pass.  3 receptions on 4 targets.  no complaints there.

i gotta say, keeping Hakim and Saunders only for kick and punt returns respectively is one of the worst things I've heard. leaves us with Decker, Kerley, Nelson and Salas as the only WRs that "contribute" on offense. Hakim had a bad turnover last week and Saunders had a bad turnover this week. Time to worry about finding WRs that can actually play offense instead of keeping a guy or two to contribute on STs only.

i'm pretty sure Brick only gave up one sack. maybe i wasn't watching closely enough but the line seemed to be pretty solid once again.

it's time to use Ivory as our every-down back. i think CJ has an opportunity to contribute significantly, but Ivory looks like he's got tons of juice and CJ doesn't.

Amaro dropped 1 pass. 3 receptions on 4 targets. no complaints there.

Idzik is an issue. This offseason was a joke

Woody is an issue.

Golic pointed out that Geno looks an awful lot like Sanchez and how that might point back to Rex not being able to develop his QBs. Greenberg countered by saying that Rex has nothing to do with his QBs, and that he doesn't even listen to the headset when the offense is on the field. The interesting tidbit to come out of their back and forth on the topic was Greenbetg saying that there's a lot of political BS at the top of the Jets front office, and that Rex (maybe) probably had nothing to do with hiring Mornhinweg. Greenberg is a huge Jets fan and obviously has access. Team is a ******* mess from top to bottom.

Golic pointed out that Geno looks an awful lot like Sanchez and how that might point back to Rex not being able to develop his QBs. Greenberg countered by saying that Rex has nothing to do with his QBs, and that he doesn't even listen to the headset when the offense is on the field. The interesting tidbit to come out of their back and forth on the topic was Greenbetg saying that there's a lot of political BS at the top of the Jets front office, and that Rex (maybe) probably had nothing to do with hiring Mornhinweg. Greenberg is a huge Jets fan and obviously has access. Team is a ******* mess from top to bottom.

It's a mess. This draft was lolworthy though. Amaro is horrible man...he's horrible. Slow, doofy, no awareness, cant separate from linebackers....Sudfield stinks too...but there's a reason he's been playing over him.

It all points towards Woody.

It's a mess. This draft was lolworthy though. Amaro is horrible man...he's horrible.

Amaro looks like Cumberland who looks like Sudfeld. Winters looks like Vlad. Coples looks like Bryan Thomas. Every receiver but Kerley looks like Stephen Hill. Milliner looks like Kyle Wilson. Geno looks like Sanchez. On and on and on. It's the environment.

agreed , also didn't Rex actually admit that on the timeout play last week he was on the defensive headset?...4th down play, game on the line and he was on the defensive headset???...I was surprised that didn't get more attention

Next season the Jets will have a new HC and hopefully a true franchise QB. The Jets are close.

where the f are they going to get a true franchise QB? From the franchise QB fairy? 

Pats fans I can't wait until Tom Brady retires. And not just for my own selfish reasons of wanting the Jets to win. You d-bags forgot what it's like. 

Amaro looks like Cumberland who looks like Sudfeld. Winters looks like Vlad. Coples looks like Bryan Thomas. Every receiver but Kerley looks like Stephen Hill. Milliner looks like Kyle Wilson. Geno looks like Sanchez. On and on and on. It's the environment.

There's enough truth in this statement to give me agita ... maybe it is the environment.  

Or fans that don't know any better.

Brick actually did a pretty good job, except for getting blown up on one play. Saying Rex threw "a zero blitz at Cutler all day" sounds like something that moron Gruden would say.  You can complain about Rex and his calls, but the idea that he did one thing is moronic.  He tried everything.  They threw the kitchen sink at Cutler.  Blitzed everybody, dropped different people came from different sides and delayed.  They only gave up 20 points to a top 5 scoring offense despite 2 turnovers (I won't count the pick 6 since I subtracted that 7). The idea the D was so bad when 7 came on a completely fallacious PI call is a bit much. 

Or fans that don't know any better.

Brick actually did a pretty good job, except for getting blown up on one play. Saying Rex threw "a zero blitz at Cutler all day" sounds like something that moron Gruden would say.  You can complain about Rex and his calls, but the idea that he did one thing is moronic.  He tried everything.  They threw the kitchen sink at Cutler.  Blitzed everybody, dropped different people came from different sides and delayed.  They only gave up 20 points to a top 5 scoring offense despite 2 turnovers (I won't count the pick 6 since I subtracted that 7). The idea the D was so bad when 7 came on a completely fallacious PI call is a bit much. 

I could be mistaken but I thought Brick got blown by at least a couple times in 4th quarter by Allen. Tough to tell cause Winters got blown by worse a few more times.

I could be mistaken but I thought Brick got blown by at least a couple times in 4th quarter by Allen. Tough to tell cause Winters got blown by worse a few more times.

It certainly could have been more than one play, but Brick was more than holding his own for the majority of the game.  Getting beaten a couple of times by Jared Allen is not exactly unusual for any LT. 

where the f are they going to get a true franchise QB? From the franchise QB fairy? 

Pats fans I can't wait until Tom Brady retires. And not just for my own selfish reasons of wanting the Jets to win. You d-bags forgot what it's like. 

Yo bitacoin

The draft produced: Dalton @ pick 35, Kapernick @ pick 36 in the same year. Wilson @ 75, Foles @ 88 and Cousins @ 102 all in the same year. There are good to great QBs in the draft and you don't have to have the # 1 pick to land one.

Archived