My MetLife NFL Experience

joewilly12

Last night was my first night back at the stadium since 2010 a lot has changed. Before anyone questions my loyalty to the New York Jets I am a lifelong fan 40+ years. As Wayne Chrebet said on the big screen I also bleed green.

I sat in a great section 106 10 rows off the field. I am not looking for attention or trying to bash anyone here's my take on last night.

Way too many Bears fans. Before the kickoff even started the guy behind me spilled beer on my shoulder he seemed to arrive drunk and stupid why wasn't he stopped at the gate?  Way too many Jets fans wearing former Jets players jerseys not Namath or Chrebet but Revis,Sanchez,Leonhard while communicating all game long on there I-Phone 6s really people if you can afford an I-Phone you can afford a new jersey or don't wear one at all and put down damn cell phones you're at a football game. In the aisle I saw a female Bears fan sitting on her BFs lap up until halftime and then it was addressed by security but it probably took someone pointing it out as these guys look clueless. I also saw a drunken Jets fan with a beard hard hat and Snuggy continually standing up on the seats and acting like an ass all damn game looking to fight any Bears fan near him. Security warned him well over 5 times but did nothing else. People pay all that money to sit and deal with this?

The parking lot after the game was a mess I parked in the green lot there were few porto-johns and bad signage. Leaving the stadium the signs were poor and non-existent I would up on the Turnpike when I wanted to be on Rt 3.

I told my family and friends all 6 of us this is why I choose to stay home. The new stadium is nice but everything else stinks did I mention the $7 pretzel and the $10 beer.

Go Jets!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night was my first night back at the stadium since 2010 a lot has changed. Before anyone questions my loyalty to the New York Jets I am a lifelong fan 40+ years. As Wayne Chrebet said on the big screen I also bleed green.

I sat in a great section 106 10 rows off the field. I am not looking for attention or trying to bash anyone here's my take on last night.

Way too many Bears fans. Before the kickoff even started the guy behind me spilled beer on my shoulder he seemed to arrive drunk and stupid why wasn't he stopped at the gate?  Way too many Jets fans wearing former Jets players jerseys not Namath or Chrebet but Revis,Sanchez,Leonhard while communicating all game long on there I-Phone 6s really people if you can afford an I-Phone you can afford a new jersey or don't wear one at all and put down damn cell phones you're at a football game. In the aisle I saw a female Bears fan sitting on her BFs lap up until halftime and then it was addressed by security but it probably took someone pointing it out as these guys look clueless. I also saw a drunken Jets fan with a beard hard hat and Snuggy continually standing up on the seats and acting like an ass all damn game looking to fight any Bears fan near him. Security warned him well over 5 times but did nothing else. People pay all that money to sit and deal with this?

The parking lot after the game was a mess I parked in the green lot there were few porto-johns and bad signage. Leaving the stadium the signs were poor and non-existent I would up on the Turnpike when I wanted to be on Rt 3.

I told my family and friends all 6 of us this is why I choose to stay home. The new stadium is nice but everything else stinks did I mention the $7 pretzel and the $10 beer.

Go Jets!

As far as the opposition fans.. I think Monday night will always be a tough sell for the home crowd. With school/work the next day it's just much, much easier to watch at home. The signage is always a bit messy leaving but I think after you go to one or two you kind of learn what gets in and out. We left as the game ended and I was back in Queens by 12:25 or so.

Food in the stadium always pricey.. nation-wide issue.

With the way TV coverage is done now and the awesome TV's out there, less and less reason to attend games.

Go Jets!

I couldn't believe how many season-ticket holders who were allowed on the field prior to the game for that sycnhronized J-E-T-S chant were wearing Revis and Sanchez jerseys.  You'd think the Jets would at least give em a few current jerseys to throw on and hand back after the chant.  That jumped out at me right away.

I couldn't believe how many season-ticket holders who were allowed on the field prior to the game for that sycnhronized J-E-T-S chant were wearing Revis and Sanchez jerseys.  You'd think the Jets would at least give em a few current jerseys to throw on and hand back after the chant.  That jumped out at me right away.

There is a dude who frequents the Jets bar in Chicago who still wears a Tebow jersey. It's wrong and unholy and needs to be stopped.

Also who in their right mind buys a new Jets jersey now? At the very least wait until the guy has proven he's A. Good and B. Going to be around for a while. Otherwise you're stuck with a piece of sh*t that is neither cool or ironic. I'd like a Wilkerson jersey but it's going to be at least another 3-4 years for that one.

There is a dude who frequents the Jets bar in Chicago who still wears a Tebow jersey. It's wrong and unholy and needs to be stopped.

done buying jerseys of current players. i have thrown away many over the years. #12 still hanging proudly in my closet.

I've seen far too many of those at the stadium..I just don't get it.  For me personally, I realize jersey't arent cheap (even the fakes) but if I only had a Tebow/Sanchez/Revis, I'd go online and find a plane Jets T-shirt for a few bucks.  To each his own I suppose.

Why aren't there permanent signs in place for the Turnpike,Rt 17 and Rt 3 lighted ones instead of the trailer type. My brother in law mentioned this place just held a Super Bowl this is ridiculous and I agreed with him.

2 NFL teams play there I thought all this would have been in place since my last trip the 2010 home opener..................guess not.

Also who in their right mind buys a new Jets jersey now? At the very least wait until the guy has proven he's A. Good and B. Going to be around for a while. Otherwise you're stuck with a piece of sh*t that is neither cool or ironic. I'd like a Wilkerson jersey but it's going to be at least another 3-4 years for that one.

I bought a Mangold...figure he should be here a few more seasons, and barring him going to the Pats or Phins, I can't see him ever being a guy that's completely hated by any rational human being.

Joewilly, great post my friend I feel your pain, this is exactly why I watch the games at home now with the wife or we go to my brothers house, he gave up going also. Just a horrendous atmosphere on every level of awfulness...hey look at the bright side you saw the same crappy QB play you saw in 2010 right ?

I actually enjoyed it last year when the drumline started it.

There's the guys they put on the big screen at the stadium and then the others in each and every section. The drum line isn't for me this the NFL not College football those guys look a little light in the loafers if you ask me.

I also forgot to mention the football toss from the Bagster into a garbage can?  T-shirt launchers?  This is all bush league minor league baseball stunts.

There's the guys they put on the big screen at the stadium and then the others in each and every section. The drum line isn't for me this the NFL not College football those guys look a little light in the loafers if you ask me.

I also forgot to mention the football toss from the Bagster into a garbage can?  T-shirt launchers?  This is all bush league minor league baseball stunts.

Every stadium in America has those attractions. Say what you want, but the seats go crazy when the T-shirt launchers come out. People love free stuff.. I'm sure it's the best $150 t-shirt (XXL) ever.

Every stadium in America has those attractions. Say what you want, but the seats go crazy when the T-shirt launchers come out. People love free stuff.. I'm sure it's the best $150 t-shirt (XXL) ever.

The t-shirt says I caught this at a Jets game with the Jets logo on it  a Bears fan near me caught one probably after 1 washing its a car wash rag. Again this isn't Minor League Baseball this the NFL. Show me highlights of other games instead of this crap. Is that what the new giddy fans want?

I hoped the PSL's would make the place less transient but it hasn't. My section 146, other than maybe first year it's always different.

I didn't go last night since I feel like crap but my nephews did.

TBO mine are paid up and could sell them with a slight loss so I'm not worried...

I hoped the PSL's would make the place less transient but it hasn't. My section 146, other than maybe first year it's always different.

I didn't go last night since I feel like crap but my nephews did.

TBO mine are paid up and could sell them with a slight loss so I'm not worried...

Did the PSLs cause all this? When I used to go weekly it was the same fans in those seats week after week game after game. No one sold out. Guys buy tickets for 1 game a year get sloppy drunk act like an ass and don't care who they offend as they will never see these people again. Recipe for disaster if ask me.

Did the PSLs cause all this? When I used to go weekly it was the same fans in those seats week after week game after game. No one sold out. Guys buy tickets for 1 game a year get sloppy drunk act like an ass and don't care who they offend as they will never see these people again. Recipe for disaster if ask me.

I'm not sure because I was able to buy LL ST's and single tickets prior to the PSL's.

I was on that stupid waiting list for years and wasn't interested in UD seats since I sat there for years as a kid with friends. Those were crazy times with the same crazy people every game...

I'm not sure because I was able to buy LL ST's and single tickets prior to the PSL's.

I was on that stupid waiting list for years and wasn't interested in UD seats since I sat there for years as a kid with friends. Those were crazy times with the same crazy people every game...

Some die hard fans who never sold out sat through bad seasons.Many last night more interested in I-Phone action than what was going on on the field.

It's not the PSL's, it's the advent of Stubhub which makes it very easy to sell tickets to enemy fans for cash as opposed to giving them to your Jets fans neighbors for free.

The Jets have had 3 of the last 4 weeks with home games, and this one is a back-to-back. So for fans who can't attend so many games in such a short window, you sell the Monday nighter as its tough to get to and you attend this Sunday. We season ticket holders plan these things out in our minds in August when the tickets start to get mailed out.

SAR I

It's not the PSL's, it's the advent of Stubhub which makes it very easy to sell tickets to enemy fans for cash as opposed to giving them to your Jets fans neighbors for free.

The Jets have had 3 of the last 4 weeks with home games, and this one is a back-to-back. So for fans who can't attend so many games in such a short window, you sell the Monday nighter as its tough to get to and you attend this Sunday. We season ticket holders plan these things out in our minds in August when the tickets start to get mailed out.

SAR I

Isn't that the main reason fans buy season tickets to see their team play live regardless if it is every week.

Isn't that the main reason fans buy season tickets to see their team play live regardless if it is every week.

I don't think being a season ticket holder means you're super passionate.  For some folks it's something to do a couple times a year and you dump the rest of the tickets online.

I'm sorry, are you challenging the integrity of fans who front $5,000 a year and try but can't physically attend 10 home games a season?

SAR I

I'm sorry, are you challenging the integrity of fans who front $5,000 a year and try but can't physically attend 10 home games a season?

SAR I

No not at all some fans do it and purposely buy season tickets knowing they will do whatever they need to do to attend them all. I know 2 retired guys who have Yankees season tickets and they go to all the games. The crowd is very unpredictable is the way I see it I saw many so called Jets fans who took the wrinkled Sanchez jersey out of the drawer and wore it to the game. Sanchez? Really? Fan or guys filling a seat?

No not at all some fans do it and purposely buy season tickets knowing they will do whatever they need to do to attend them all. I know 2 retired guys who have Yankees season tickets and they go to all the games. The crowd is very unpredictable is the way I see it I saw many so called Jets fans who took the wrinkled Sanchez jersey out of the drawer and wore it to the game. Sanchez? Really? Fan or guys filling a seat?

Does not having a current jersey make them less of a fan?

I buy Jets jersey's when they wear out, I've still got mileage in my Reebok authentic, not looking to buy a new one no matter how much I hate Bart Scott.

A 16 year old who got a 2009 Sanchez jersey for Christmas is now 21 years old and paying money for his own Jets games. That's not a 'so called' fan; that's a diehard young fan on a budget, he's to be embraced not shamed. And since Sanchez, name me one Jet that any fan could get so excited about he'd spend $200 on his jersey?

National TV games mean Thursday nights, Sunday nights, Monday nights. Those are deal-killers for many fans who work all day. This is Manhattan, not Jacksonville, the whole day doesn't revolve around night games. They're awful, I hate them.

Stubhub has done this to all NFL teams, nothing special about the Jets fans in MetLife. If I can't attend a game (I was in London and Hong Kong last week) I can get my money back by clicking a few buttons and selling them to someone else. The old days, I'd have to eat them and thus I'd give them away to the postman or the third-cousin. Don't need to do that any more.

SAR I

If you can afford an I-Phone you can afford a Jets shirt other than a jersey of a player who was a has been that never was. Not questioning anyone's allegiance or fan dedication.

Many fans chose not to stand up on 3rd downs and opted for I-Phone time. These types of fans should stay the hell home!

SAR I

Very good points. Stub Hub makes it way to easy for an opposing teams fans to grab hold of seats. Either way, from what I heard on TV last night the crowd noise was good. Not Seattle good, but good enough especially considering the way the jets played. 

As far as the opposition fans.. I think Monday night will always be a tough sell for the home crowd. With school/work the next day it's just much, much easier to watch at home. The signage is always a bit messy leaving but I think after you go to one or two you kind of learn what gets in and out. We left as the game ended and I was back in Queens by 12:25 or so.

Food in the stadium always pricey.. nation-wide issue.

With the way TV coverage is done now and the awesome TV's out there, less and less reason to attend games.

I live in Rockland County and didn't get home until almost 2AM.  I have work at 7AM.  It will probably be the last Monday night game I will attend for a while as I am feeling it now.   There was a fight while I was walking down the ramp to leave.  Trying to get out of the parking lot was an adventure itself.  I can't see myself attending another Monday night game in the near future.

I live in Rockland County and didn't get home until almost 2AM.  I have work at 7AM.  It will probably be the last Monday night game I will attend for a while as I am feeling it now.   There was a fight while I was walking down the ramp to leave.  Trying to get out of the parking lot was an adventure itself.  I can't see myself attending another Monday night game in the near future.

I live in N.J about an hour away and leaving that stadium was a nightmare and confusing we all read the same sign flashing arrows to Rt 3 and wound up on the Turnpike when we saw Rt 3 from our parking spot. Nice stadium but not fan friendly for parking lot signage or traveling signage but hey we have a drum line.

Same here...took me 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot and got home to PA at 1:50 and had to leave for work at 6:00....that sucked.

Archived