John Oliver's Last Week Tonight

SenorGato

• 5 months later...

I dunno what he get's paid for the HBO once a week show. But if had waited another 12 months he would have been the natural successor to Jon Stewart OR even got Steven Colbert's job.

The product he puts out on hbo is so much superior over a daily censored show on basic cable it's worth it

I don't think he cares. He renewed with HBO for two more seasons after Stewart announced his retirement.

He doesn't care. You can swear on HBO.

I am not sure if he doesn't care for more money. I don't have the relevant information.

I also don't know the framework under which his  extension happened. For example did he have the option to leave. Most times these first time extensions happen under the framework of the initial contract. Like no matter what his pay cannot exceed a certain dollar amount OR the extension has to be for only certain number of years OR he has no option to leave if the network wants to extend him and so on.  But i am sure he got good leverage to get the max he could within the framework of the contract.

I am not sure if he doesn't care for more money. I don't have the relevant information.

I also don't know the framework under which his extension happened. For example did he have the option to leave. Most times these first time extensions happen under the framework of the initial contract. Like no matter what his pay cannot exceed a certain dollar amount OR the extension has to be for only certain number of years OR he has no option to leave if the network wants to extend him and so on. But i am sure he got good leverage to get the max he could within the framework of the contract.

He did. Nobody leaves HBO.

His segment on climate change might legit be the best breakdown I've ever seen on the subject.

Is there a longer one? I saw a clip that was 4 minutes long, and while good, it wasn't nearly as good as his net neutrality rant

Archived