Never Tailgated, But am coming to the Jets vs Pats Game on the 21st of Dec

Hello All

Obviously I've never posted here before but if I am too early then all good I'll post later.

But yeah as the topic title says I have never been to a game before, thus never tailgated. I love the culture of tailgating and want to experience it myself. 

I have been told that the culture of tailgating is pretty friendly and I can just rock up and walk around like a confused tourist and someone will take me in and itll go from there. I want to ask you guys is this true? I mean I want to like rock up with some beer (if thats allowed) and go that way. 
I have seen some stuff online like tailgate joes, which looks awesome but I was more after the spirit of meeting new people trading some beer for some good pre game footy talk and cultural experience. 

Anyways let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Dazza

p.s. for my first game is there a best place to see the game. I mean I'm not super rich so front row aint gonna be in the ballpark but the 2nd tier about $150 looks promising. Any help would be appreciated :D

Hello All

Obviously I've never posted here before but if I am too early then all good I'll post later.

But yeah as the topic title says I have never been to a game before, thus never tailgated. I love the culture of tailgating and want to experience it myself. 

I have been told that the culture of tailgating is pretty friendly and I can just rock up and walk around like a confused tourist and someone will take me in and itll go from there. I want to ask you guys is this true? I mean I want to like rock up with some beer (if thats allowed) and go that way. 

I have seen some stuff online like tailgate joes, which looks awesome but I was more after the spirit of meeting new people trading some beer for some good pre game footy talk and cultural experience. 

Anyways let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Dazza

p.s. for my first game is there a best place to see the game. I mean I'm not super rich so front row aint gonna be in the ballpark but the 2nd tier about $150 looks promising. Any help would be appreciated :biggrin:

Some areas in the lots are like that and others aren't. Most people, if they see you walking around the parking lot with a case of beer will assume you have a tailgate you are going to and not say anything. IMO better to have plans ahead of time.  

TGJoe does a great thing over in E-10. 

• 2 weeks later...

my favorite tailgate was the after game one.  we would eat and drink and listen to the post game and let the traffic die down.  in the old place it only took an hour or so

then I would just sail home nice and easy

my favorite tailgate was the after game one.  we would eat and drink and listen to the post game and let the traffic die down.  in the old place it only took an hour or so

then I would just sail home nice and easy

Unless they lose then it's just miserable

Archived