Minus the turnovers... Look how good we've been.

BroadwayJets

I agree with the premise of the post...if this team was anywhere near as bad as a lot of fans make them out to be, they'd be in the bottom five of every single statistical category. The fact that they are near the top of the league confirms what others are saying, which is that this team is a lot closer to being very good than they are to being very bad.

I think most people think this is a 7-9, 8-8 team

Agreed, absolutely. The play calling in the redzone has been somewhere between questionable and terrible all year. And again, Geno's turnovers down there have been killers.

http://deadspin.com/why-football-players-crave-contact-1638649411

Lions at Jets: You ever go to some hotel restaurant and the menu has 5,000 items, including lots of exotic sh*t that you know the chef probably can't pull off, but you still order the half-wagyu Korean taco slider anyway because it sounds different and good, and then it comes and it SUCKS and you're like, "sh*t. I should have just had a burger"? That is what Marty Mornhinweg's play-calling is like.

Come on, are you serious? I get you want them to finish better, but how on god's green earth you can't see how bad they are is beyond me. You secondary sucks, your Wr's suck, your O-line blows, your QB wouldn't start for a lot of Canadian teams, and your vaunted D-line Chokes just about every time the game is on the line. This team has 5-11 of 6-10 written all over it in bold writing.

sorry but you're an idiot

f*ck off

I posted something about this a while back. stats and how they relate to a winning football team. if we keep it up we will win games. its very difficult to have the 8th ranked offense and the 2nd ranked defense and not win a lot of games.

right now we may have the 8th ranked offense and 2nd ranked defense in total yardage, but we have the 20th ranked offense and 19th ranked defense as far as scoring is concerned (which is not good at all). that's mostly a result of turnovers and poor redzone offense so far.

I posted something about this a while back. stats and how they relate to a winning football team. if we keep it up we will win games. its very difficult to have the 8th ranked offense and the 2nd ranked defense and not win a lot of games.

right now we may have the 8th ranked offense and 2nd ranked defense in total yardage, but we have the 20th ranked offense and 19th ranked defense as far as scoring is concerned (which is not good at all). that's mostly a result of turnovers and poor redzone offense so far.

The numbers.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2014/

20th in PPG;4th in rushing yards; 19th in passing yards; 20th overall ranked.

I think most people think this is a 7-9, 8-8 team

= these rankings don't tell the whole story.  Part of the game is to get turnovers and prevent your own offense from making them.   The fact that we tend to pile up yardage between the 20's, inflates our " Rankings ".   The idea is to Win The Game.!   Rex is a poor 4th quarter coach. Has consistently failed with time-outs, clock management, giving up huge plays on Defense. 

Archived