Why???

NIGHT STALKER

Why has this team gone through so many HC's? From Sonny Werblin to whomever is going to be named next. Does anyone know if we hold the record for HC's hired?

What's even more amazing, is living here in South Florida, I think the blowfish have had a total of 4 HC's in their existence. We've had that many since Tuna.

So, what makes this organization such a poor judge in having a HC in place for any long period of time? History tells me whomever is the next HC, he won't last that long...just hope he gets us that SB victory in his short stay.

Why has this team gone through so many HC's? From Sonny Werblin to whomever is going to be named next. Does anyone know if we hold the record for HC's hired?

What's even more amazing, is living here in South Florida, I think the blowfish have had a total of 4 HC's in their existence. We've had that many since Tuna.

So, what makes this organization such a poor judge in having a HC in place for any long period of time? History tells me whomever is the next HC, he won't last that long...just hope he gets us that SB victory in his short stay.

5 coaches, I think (not counting interims): George Wilson, Don Shula, Jimmy Johnson, Dave Wannstedt and Saban.

I think you need someone who understands and likes NY to coach here, especially being the second franchise in town. Haslett would never be able to handle the media here.

I just hope that, 10 years from now, we're not looking back on the Herm era as the glory days of the Jets.

James "Sonny" Werblin wasn't a HC. He was an owner.

And to put things straight, this was a MONEY issue...

Sorry, about that...my bad. Still doesn't take away the fact that we've had way too many HC's. It wasn't all about money most of the time.

This is very simple why it has happened with the Jets-It has been a lack of leadership from top down, the lack of foresight, the inability to stick with a plan and a folding to public pressure when things get a little dicey.

They change organizational philosophy like some people change their underwear. The plan that seemed so smart yesterday, suddenly becomes stupid because everything does not fall their way right away.

I could go on and on, but that is the gyst

Archived