If you supported Idzik, don't complain

stoicsentry

Folks

until Woody sells the team - this is what you get 

Idzhik is a third rate player - he has nothing to recommend himself except for his relationship to the Seahawks

the fact that he is, in some way, trying to impress while sitting on the cap $$$ - is only one part of a bigger problem with him

he is - by all accounts - an anal retentive, stubborn guy - who has little to no instinct

here is how things work - Woody (a major member of the LUCKY SPERM CLUB) goes to the NFL and says - what should I do - and they line him up with this guy

he drafts mediocre, Arena Football wide receivers, he brings in Goodson and Patterson - he is an unmitigated disaster 

Woody has to sell the team - we need some intelligent people making decisions here

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks

Idzhik is a third rate player - he has nothing to recommend himself except for his relationship to the Seahawks

the fact that he is, in some way, trying to impress while sitting on the cap $$$ - is only one part of a bigger problem with him

he is - by all accounts - an anal retentive, stubborn guy - who has little to no instinct

here is how things work - Woody (a major member of the LUCKY SPERM CLUB) goes to the NFL and says - what should I do - and they line him up with this guy

he drafts mediocre, Arena Football wide receivers, he brings in Goodson and Patterson - he is an unmitigated disaster 

Woody has to sell the team - we need some intelligent people making decisions here

Woody is either too cheap or too stupid to bring in a proven person to run the team. He hasn't done it since buying the team.

The Jets had five false starts today. Five false starts. At a home game. A HOME game.

Rex's solution to this problem is...wait for it...pushups.

Detroit went 5 wide in the red zone today.

Rex's solution to that was...wait for it...Coples on Megatron.

Trying to absolve Rex of blame regarding sh*t like that is moronic. This thread is ******* clown shoes.

The Jets had five false starts today. Five false starts. At a home game. A HOME game.

Trying to absolve Rex of blame regarding sh*t like that is moronic. This thread is ******* clown shoes.

POTW nom!

I would love to blame Rex too and quite frankly I dont care if he gets fired or not. But how can you evaluate him with this roster? Again, I could care less if he gets fired too.

Folks

It should say something, that for Rex Ryan to shine, we literally have to change owners, GM's and every player whose name does not end in "..son" to do it.

Here is an idea, lets change the Head Coach at years end, if we fail to make the playoffs for a fourth time, and see if that helps.  Then we can move on to buying out the owner. :rolleyes:

I hope none of the people who don't like Idzik and want him gone were supporters of keeping Rex at all costs, because the only reason we have Idzik as GM instead of someone better is the first several candidates to interview (or turn down interviews) didn't want the job if it meant being saddled with Rex, which was a condition Woody insisted upon.

"many of us thought we would have little to no chances winning after week one and until we have played against the pats"  was this before or after idzik worked his magic with 12 draft picks and $50m only to have the same team as last year?

Your point beeing? I guess you wan´t to drop a bomb on Idzik but I´m to tired to walk into that discussion. You have your way to see things and I have mine. I think we will stink pretty much until we walk away from Rex. And I understand we never know what we will get then but I feel fairly sure we know what we get with Rex.

I do however hope the new HC would keep Dunbar. The rest is up for grabs.

There is so much blame to go around, it doesn't just fall on just one person.

You can blame Geno for continuing to throw picks

You can blame the WR's for dropping balls. (Decker 2 today, Ivory 1)

Defense for the third straight week giving up an 80+ yard TD drive

Idzik for letting Cro get away without someone in place to take his spot.

Rex for not getting the mistakes corrected.

Right now this team is a total mess.

IDGAF about #1/#2 and all that nonsense... just give him guys to throw to that are better than David Nelson or Greg Salas, etc. (With respect to Salas who did actually have a decent game, the point remains...)

the same thing can be said for sanchez the last two yrs he was here. A qb should make his receivers better and it is fair to neither one has done that. But as bad as it got with sanchez he never cursed at fans

the same thing can be said for sanchez the last two yrs he was here. A qb should make his receivers better and it is fair to neither one has done that. But as bad as it got with sanchez he never cursed at fans

geno cursed at fans ?   I was painting the kitchen, lol

Folks

I don't think Woody necessarily needs to sell the team but he does need to find someplace else to get advice.   Bradway, Tannenbaum, Idzik.   Not a good GM in the bunch. 

People make it out to be this impossible job, yet just about anyone on this board could have had a better draft than big john.   especially with all of the resources they have available. 

ps.  great post. 

You're right. I'm 100% a Idzik guy. I'll keep my frustration to myself. I just think that as soon as the offseason starts we will have a great group of young players, tons of cap room and even more draft picks. But it's hard to watch games like this every week

4-12 does get you some good draft picks.

I don't think Woody necessarily needs to sell the team but he does need to find someplace else to get advice.   Bradway, Tannenbaum, Idzik.   Not a good GM in the bunch. 

People make it out to be this impossible job, yet just about anyone on this board could have had a better draft than big john.   especially with all of the resources they have available. 

as a former headhunter I have to say hiring a search firm for the GM is really retarded.  he needs to lean on the good old boy NFL network and find a real football man next time. 

Your point beeing? I guess you wan´t to drop a bomb on Idzik but I´m to tired to walk into that discussion. You have your way to see things and I have mine. I think we will stink pretty much until we walk away from Rex. And I understand we never know what we will get then but I feel fairly sure we know what we get with Rex.

I do however hope the new HC would keep Dunbar. The rest is up for grabs.

you see my point just fine

Drafts were crappy because he did not find a QB.

Nothing else mattered. Geno sucks and without a good Qb the rest does not matter.

the rest absolutely matters. you swing and miss on a qb, but you hit on most of your draft, that means you have an eye for talent. that also means next time you might hit pay dirt on the qb.

the rest absolutely matters. you swing and miss on a qb, but you hit on most of your draft, that means you have an eye for talent. that also means next time you might hit pay dirt on the qb.

This is correct and a good point. I just know if you don't have a QB you don't have anything.

I have no trust in anyone in charge of this team picking or coaching a real QB.

Archived