So Geno Cursed At The Crowd After The Game

RutgersJetFan

And the hits just keep on coming.

Jets QB Geno Smith yells ‘f--- you’ at fan following loss to Lions  TV cameras caught Smith hurling the obscenity at the fan after poor performance in Sunday's 24-17 loss to Detroit. Smith apologized for his outburst shortly after, saying. 'I kind of let my temper get the best of me.'
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, September 28, 2014, 5:13 PM

The Jets second-year quarterback hurled an obscenity at a fan walking off the field after the team's 24-17 loss to the Lions.

CBS 2 caught the quarterback on camera yelling "F--- you" at a fan.

Smith opened his press conference after the game apologizing for the incident.

"First of all, I want to apologize to any kids (that) saw me saying any negative remarks walking off the field," Smith said. "I kind of let my temper get the best of me in that situation. It's a part of my learning process. Got to get better with that, got to let that stuff roll off my back, but today I didn't do well with that."

Smith said he was responding to one fan in the crowd. The video did not capture what the fan said, but Smith said it was not related to Michael Vick.

"No matter what happened I've got to not feed into it," Smith said. "It's a part of the job. I understand the fans want to come out and see victories. And at times they get heated and we do too as players."

"What I did was wrong," Smith said. "Two wrongs don't make a right."

Smith's spoke just minutes after Rex Ryan said he would be sticking with Smith as his starting quarterback next week. Ryan's press conference occurred before most were aware of Smith cursing a fan. When asked afterwards, Ryan declined to comment.

Who is worse in that instance: The idiot fan that's actually doing the heckling? Or the idiot athlete with the lack of wherewithal to just walk into the locker room?

And in hindsight the athlete is getting paid and the idiot fan is a paying customer lol in the real world in that scenario what would happen?

Wilk and Richardson should shut up too, the fans we're here before both of them, and we'll all be suffering together long after both of them hold out for huge contracts we won't pay.  

I'm surprised that Geno only heard 1 fan cursing him after the game, I assume it was a lot more.  

don't care about the F bomb, do care that this is more evidence of geno's weak mental constitution. doing a runner at the draft after dropping that his agent was only able to stop him by reminding him that if he ran away from NYC during the draft he would drop further, and now this. 

Wilk and Richardson should shut up too, the fans we're here before both of them, and we'll all be suffering together long after both of them hold out for huge contracts we won't pay.  

I'm surprised that Geno only heard 1 fan cursing him after the game, I assume it was a lot more.  

Im sure he also heard the fans calling for his Best Friend Micheal Vick

His mentor.  His friend.  Confidant.  Whatever.  Staring at 1-6, sickening.  

Maybe. I think 2-5. The Jets have a pretty good track record playing at Qualcomm since Y2K. Then again Geno's numbers on the road since last year are really something awful, so who knows.

Chargers are probably going to be favored by at least 5, the Jets may be a smart bet this week.

Maybe. I think 2-5. The Jets have a pretty good track record playing at Qualcomm since Y2K. Then again Geno's numbers on the road since last year are really something awful, so who knows.

Chargers are probably going to be favored by at least 5, the Jets may be a smart bet this week.

1-6, 2-5, who cares, so frustrating.  The black cloud that hangs over this team is something for the record books.  

1-6, 2-5, who cares, so frustrating.  The black cloud that hangs over this team is something for the record books.  

This is about the point in the season where I start asking why I keep doing this to myself every year. Nothing changes. Today was gorgeous, 70 degrees and sunny, not a cloud in the sky, could have enjoyed the day with my dog and a good book. Instead there I am, packed into a dark bar and shoving meatloaf sliders down my throat while Rex Ryan puts Quentin Coples on Megatron and Geno Smith is sucking ass and yelling at fans. You come home from watching a debacle like that to a story like this one and it just makes you realize how ******* incompetent this organization is from top to bottom.

This is about the point in the season where I start asking why I keep doing this to myself every year. Nothing changes. Today was gorgeous, 70 degrees and sunny, not a cloud in the sky, could have enjoyed the day with my dog and a good book. Instead there I am, packed into a dark bar and shoving meatloaf sliders down my throat while Rex Ryan puts Quentin Coples on Megatron and Geno Smith is sucking ass and yelling at fans. You come home from watching a debacle like that to a story like this one and it just makes you realize how ******* incompetent this organization is from top to bottom.

Amen

How were the sliders??? Seriously....couldn't agree more. I was quite happy before week one.

one of my wife's best friends just called.  she is a vikings fan her whole life.  2nd cousin of matt birk, even hung out with the vikings at the pro bowl like 8 years ago

she hasn't watched the vikings since the adrian peterson story broke.  I may take some time off from this team. 

Yeah, and MoWilk seemed somewhat sympathetic in the post game interview, saying Jet's fans are difficult.  Who me?

Saw that and it just rub me the wrong way. Tough sh*t if you think think the fan base can be diffacult. ThisThis is no Pop Warner there are no orange slices at half time and we are not going out for Carvel after the game. **** you and your feelings. This is you 4th year of this sh*t  I personally  have been living this nightmare for 35 years. And wonder if I will ever see a SB W in my life time. 

Saw that and it just rub me the wrong way. Tough sh*t if you think think the fan base can be diffacult. ThisThis is no Pop Warner there are no orange slices at half time and we are not going out for Carvel after the game. **** you and your feelings. This is you 4th year of this sh*t  I personally  have been living this nightmare for 35 years. And wonder if I will ever see a SB W in my life time. 

Problem is it isn't all on Geno Smith once again we have a scrap heap of WRs who suck

POTW

Agree 1000%.  Bull$sh*t moves all the way around.  

Archived