Christ, I didn't like the pick but I knew he was no Montana...........

Apache 51

I would keep Geno and keep him starting unless he really metls down hoping he cleans up his act.

If he does look like the future i would draft WR's with the first two picks next draft.

If he melts down or has a mediocre performance my next first round pick is a QB and the next two round picks are going to be WR and i would have a real QB competition. Whoever wins starts in 2015.

I would keep Geno and keep him starting unless he really metls down hoping he cleans up his act.

If he does look like the future i would draft WR's with the first two picks next draft.

If he melts down or has a mediocre performance my next first round pick is a QB and the next two round picks are going to be WR and i would have a real QB competition. Whoever wins starts in 2015.

Please define meltdown

32 games (give or take).

A professional NFL GM should, IMO, be able to make a determination on a QB after 32 (or so) NFL Starts.

And I fully expect Geno will GET those 32 games (give or take), all of 2013 and all of 2014.

If he doesn't earn it, he shouldn't get a second longer than that tho.

16 games (give or take).

A professional NFL GM should, IMO, be able to make a determination on a QB after 16 (or so) NFL Starts.

And I fully expect Geno will GET those 16 games (give or take), all of 2013 and all of 2014.

Are you only counting home games?

16 games (give or take).

A professional NFL GM should, IMO, be able to make a determination on a QB after 16 (or so) NFL Starts.

And I fully expect Geno will GET those 16 games (give or take), all of 2013 and all of 2014.

I think he gets the next two games, and then it's curtains.

I'd rather play him through the season unless it starts to get ridiculous. 4 int games and inconceivable fumbles. Sink or swim. Don't bring in Vick because we aren't going anywhere with him either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Vick's not the QB of the future and no franchise QB is joining the Jets midseason. See what Geno does through this season and evaluate at the end of the year.

You can whine about wasted years but in reality, the Jets were a rebuilding team last season that exceeded expectations and that seems to be what they are this season, except they're not exceeding expectations.

you have to draft a qb this year. or sign one if possible, but most likely its gotta be through the draft.

Draft a qb in first or second every year until you find the guy. When you do, trade the most recently drafted high pick like the eagles seem to do every 24 months

I'd rather sink with Geno than go to Vick and try to squeak out another 8-8 season. Gives is better position in the draft to try and draft a good QB. Let him play so you know for sure he's a bust. Too early in the season

I'd rather sink with Geno than go to Vick and try to squeak out another 8-8 season. Gives is better position in the draft to try and draft a good QB. Let him play so you know for sure he's a bust. Too early in the season

but then what do you do? Start new kid right away? Don't think it makes sense for this coaching staff to do that for the third time in a row. Re-sign Vick to be a caretaker for new guys first year? Sign some journeyman to start next year? Keeping geno as a initial starter or backup seems like a bad idea if you draft a first round qb.

Put Vick in and let's see if he has enough left to be a caretaker until the next guy is ready. By the way vinny was considered an old turnover machine with suspect accuracy but a huge arm when we brought him here and was also a former first overall pick. Granted had a lot more confidence in that coaching staff than this one

Yeah, but, say Dee comes back and plays well, Pryor improves, Barnes provides a boost in week 7, and the OL gels then  you are missing out on something with a QB that cannot make a good decision....BTW I dont think Ive ever seen a QB throw jump passes,  seriously? 

Draft a qb in first or second every year until you find the guy. When you do, trade the most recently drafted high pick like the eagles seem to do every 24 months

Every year....at least one, and as many as three.  Doing it the "conventional" way has failed.  Enough of this.

Yeah, that type pf scheme actually worked out great for Matt Millen and the Lions!

Archived