Wow great debate about Geno & the Jets right now on MNF

CobraVerde

How bout winning the f cken game?

totally agree, why can't we just play the best guy?..I don't understand , we just have to suck until a 21 year old Peyton manning magically falls into our lap?..the " what's the difference Vick isn't taking us to the Super Bowl " mentality ? I don't agree with it, we're not benching Andrew luck here

no.

let's say Smith is a lost cause and Vick (assuming he doesn't destroy an ankle or blow out a hammy calling time out) leads us to 7-9, 8-8, whatever.

HOW DOES THAT HELP?

all guarantees is that we don't get a high enough draft pick to get a different, franchise caliber QB. at this point, play Geno. either he blows and we get a high draft pick or he doesn't and we keep going. putting Vick in solves nothing. Vick is definitely not the future.

Gonna be so awesome here when geno has a not awful game--like Gangs of New York levels of amazing.

All of the people accusing the anti-geno people of over reacting will be exclaiming that the light has finally come on for geno and he is the future, while the anti-geno crew will be preaching patience before proclaiming him the savior.

no.

let's say Smith is a lost cause and Vick (assuming he doesn't destroy an ankle or blow out a hammy calling time out) leads us to 7-9, 8-8, whatever.

HOW DOES THAT HELP?

all guarantees is that we don't get a high enough draft pick to get a different, franchise caliber QB. at this point, play Geno. either he blows and we get a high draft pick or he doesn't and we keep going. putting Vick in solves nothing. Vick is definitely not the future.

So you think winning games doesnt matter.

Awesome post in light of this:

And this:

Please help me to like the jets the right way by hoping they lose for draft picks... In week 4!

So you think winning games doesnt matter.

Awesome post in light of this:

And this:

Please help me to like the jets the right way by hoping they lose for draft picks... In week 4!

we need a franchise quarterback. vick definitely isn't it. find out if geno is. and I show up to this board and post when they win games too, chuckles.

we need a franchise quarterback. vick definitely isn't it. find out if geno is. and I show up to this board and post when they win games too, chuckles.

Right now Smith is playing horrible.  The crowd is getting ugly.  Another bad game and Smith is going to start hitting Sanchez status where the crowd boos, and throws things at him as soon as he walks on the field.  he didn't react very well on Sunday when the fans got on him.  He ain't seen nothing yet.

if they bring Vick in, and he stinks, the fans will focus their hate on him.  when he is benched and Smith is brought back, he will get a brief reprieve from the mob. 

If he stays in now, and plays bad, he be behind Sanchez in Philly next year

no.

HOW DOES THAT HELP?

You. I like you.

With Vick there is a chance of catching lightning in a bottle -- he's had good stretches in the NFL.  Playing Geno?  You would be lucky to catch crabs or the clap.

2 things.

1. vick sucks now (he was never that good to begin with)

2. he's a piece of sh*t who I can never root for

all you are going to get out of vick is slightly less suck than geno. its ******* worthless and will only serve to get us a worse draft pick. it does absolutely nothing good for this franchise to play vick

2 things.

1. vick sucks now (he was never that good to begin with)

2. he's a piece of sh*t who I can never root for

Its going to happen. Maybe not this week but it is coming. I understand that Vick is distasteful, and i can also understand why it's difficult to root for him. All i can offer is you might as well start preparing for it because i dont see any way that vick doesnt get the call very soon.

Its going to happen. Maybe not this week but it is coming. I understand that Vick is distasteful, and i can also understand why it's difficult to root for him. All i can offer is you might as well start preparing for it because i dont see any way that vick doesnt get the call very soon.

its ok I already know what im going to do. I will root for him to suck (which he will anyway) and even possibly hurt himself

Archived