So On The Day That The Patriots Dynasty Dies The Jets Aren't Ready To Take The Baton

SAR I

Since 2001 we've been waiting for the day that the wheels finally fall off the Belichick & Brady bus so that we can have a window to break through and take control of the division. 14 long, hard, joyless seasons. And now it appears that the day may have arrived.

And we're in the worst shape we've been since the Rich Kotite era.

Figures.

SAR I

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont count them out yet. The team has hung in there against top notch qbs. But for mistakes by our young qb, we wouldve likely won 1 or 2 of them. If we had Alex Smith or gag even Ryan Fitzpatrick, we would be in better shape than with Vick, but the cards have been dealt so let's play the hand.

That's a very good point. We are not ready.

Think we are better than the Pats and we sweep the Pats both games as i have already predicted.

But we are nowhere close to being a championship team or surefire division winners. And the not so great returns of the last draft so far means we are atleast another two seasons away from being in some shape to being the marquee team.

That's a very good point. We are not ready.

Think we are better than the Pats and we sweep the Pats both games as i have already predicted.

But we are nowhere close to being a championship team or surefire division winners. And the not so great returns of the last draft so far means we are atleast another two seasons away from being in some shape to being the marquee team.

I was bought in to this being Year 2 of a 4 year rebuild, keeping Rex on a year-to-year leash, letting Idzik cut his teeth, and all the rest of the Circus because I thought the Patriots would die on schedule in 2016.

If they're dying now, whole different ballgame. Get Sanchez in a trade from Philly, let's make a real run at it this year.

SAR I

Since 2001 we've been waiting for the day that the wheels finally fall off the Belichick & Brady bus so that we can have a window to break through and take control of the division. 14 long, hard, joyless seasons. And now it appears that the day may have arrived.And we're in the worst shape we've been since the Rich Kotite era.Figures.SAR I

C'mon...Kotite era?..we're hurting right now but we have not reached that level...Try 1-8 and we'll be standing at the edge of the Kotite pit again ready to fall in.

It takes more than a 1 - 3 start to reach Kotite

C'mon...Kotite era?..we're hurting right now but we have not reached that level...Try 1-8 and we'll be standing at the edge of the Kotite pit again ready to fall in.

It takes more than a 1 - 3 start to reach Kotite

Chargers, broncos, patriots, bills, chiefs, steelers, in that order. Does 2-8 count?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but this team is in for a long ride.

But we are still only 1 - 3, anything can happen...Plus, since we've all given up already, if they can turn it around and win a few of these next 5 we can be in contention the rest of the year and it'll feel like a reprieve from the governor.

Few things...

Counting out the NEP after one loss is absurd.

Even if they are slipping, remember this is the AFCE with the Bills Phins and Jets. NEP wins the division with that competition.

Even more absurd is thinking the NYJ have a chance to suddenly win 2 out of the next three with Vick on the field.

This team needs to get a top 3 pick, and to fire Rex and Hire Jim Harbaugh (it looks more likely he will be available) or Bevell.

Remember, this is the defensive genius who's team NEVER makes an important stop and uses Coples as a DB. HE'S GOTTA GO.

Since 2001 we've been waiting for the day that the wheels finally fall off the Belichick & Brady bus so that we can have a window to break through and take control of the division. 14 long, hard, joyless seasons. And now it appears that the day may have arrived.

And we're in the worst shape we've been since the Rich Kotite era.

Figures.

SAR I

That's right, the Sanchez debacle set us back and when your HC pretty much tells everyone on introduction day he won't be involved in offense you better have the right people working that side of the ball. They still have a chance they are young work through Geno, try to get some talent for whoever plays Qb, and pray, they have 4 years.

That's right, the Sanchez debacle set us back and when your HC pretty much tells everyone on introduction day he won't be involved in offense you better have the right people working that side of the ball. They still have a chance they are young work through Geno, try to get some talent for whoever plays Qb, and pray, they have 4 years.

Sanchez pick set us back over half of a decade.

First, I hate the Pats, but they are 2-2 and I would not bury them just yet.

Second, to compare the current Jets to the Kotite era is plain old dopey. They've been in every game, and are one position-- QB -- away from being a very good team on the rise.

Yeah but qb doesn't fall off of trees. It takes time to develop one, you need to actually draft one, ... That's why Sanchez set us back probably at least 7-10 years.

Archived