So On The Day That The Patriots Dynasty Dies The Jets Aren't Ready To Take The Baton

SAR I

My point is that Tannenbaum had better balance to his decisions than Idzik and spent the appropriate money in free agency to back up a side of the ball that needed it to the best of his ability.

SAR I

except tannenbaum built the team on a high interest credit card and couldn't pay the bill when it came due

Harbaugh will be out of work in a few months and will be the stud HC prospect on the market.

Harbaugh will be an upgrade to Ryan and a disciplinarian that's all that matters.

SAR I

three things: (1) why would harbaugh want to come here? (2) why would any "stud HC prospect" want to come here? (3) jets/woody are the kings of over correction: "Herm too soft bring in Mangini" "Mangini too tough and everyone hates him bring in Rex!" so now you want to do the same thing?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

except tannenbaum built the team on a high interest credit card and couldn't pay the bill when it came due

Say what you want about Tanny, but the guy was the best cap manager in the league. We were not in any cap trouble nor are we today despite the contracts. If there is one sentence that describes the most successful period in Jets history since 1970 it's this:

When Woody Johnson had 82,500 seats to fill in a brand new stadium he set his General Manager loose to sign every big-name splashy free agent to garner as many back pages as he could and the unexpected result of this was that the Jets became an elite NFL team, won 4 playoff games, went on an 18-4 run, and almost made it to the Super Bowl in consecutive seasons.

three things: (1) why would harbaugh want to come here? (2) why would any "stud HC prospect" want to come here? (3) jets/woody are the kings of over correction: "Herm too soft bring in Mangini" "Mangini too tough and everyone hates him bring in Rex!" so now you want to do the same thing?

1. Because it's New York and his personality suits a big town.

2. Because with $20M in cap room, a promising young defense, a lame-duck GM, and following a foot-fetishing clown incumbant who overstayed his welcome it's going to be the top job in the NFL come February.

3. Because the primary reason that the Jets averaged 9.5 wins with a healthy quarterback from 1997 to 2011 is because we quickly reacted to a soiled locker room and flipped coaches from hard to soft. And when doing so, we saw an immediate uplift as Parcells, Edwards, Mangini, and Ryan all surprisingly had early success and playoff appearances, no rebuilding necessary.

SAR I

• 4 months later...

Since 2001 we've been waiting for the day that the wheels finally fall off the Belichick & Brady bus so that we can have a window to break through and take control of the division. 14 long, hard, joyless seasons. And now it appears that the day may have arrived.And we're in the worst shape we've been since the Rich Kotite era.Figures.SAR I

looks like their wheels are just fine

looks like their wheels are just fine

The hope is that Belichick and Brady are one step closer to retirement. Belichick in particular looks very tired, the odds of him winning his 5th when it took him a decade to win his 4th makes the case that he may want to go out on top right now.

And Super Bowl Champions don't repeat, so there's that.

Big picture, we're completely rebuilding so even talking about the Patriots or the playoffs or even acting upset that they won tonight is a waste of time.

SAR I

The hope is that Belichick and Brady are one step closer to retirement. Belichick in particular looks very tired, the odds of him winning his 5th when it took him a decade to win his 4th makes the case that he may want to go out on top right now.

And Super Bowl Champions don't repeat, so there's that.

Big picture, we're completely rebuilding so even talking about the Patriots or the playoffs or even acting upset that they won tonight is a waste of time.

SAR I

Cherish your Jets PSL on a night like tonight its golden 

The hope is that Belichick and Brady are one step closer to retirement. Belichick in particular looks very tired, the odds of him winning his 5th when it took him a decade to win his 4th makes the case that he may want to go out on top right now.And Super Bowl Champions don't repeat, so there's that.Big picture, we're completely rebuilding so even talking about the Patriots or the playoffs or even acting upset that they won tonight is a waste of time.SAR I

If we weren't in the same division I would agree.

Cherish your Jets PSL on a night like tonight its golden

I'm really not understanding you tonight.

The Jets lost their chance to get to the Super Bowl this season before Halloween. Who cares who wins it once it's known it's not us? If the Patriots lost tonight we get no parade, no t-shirts.

Is this a Mets thing? No chance of ever winning so you spent 30 years rooting against the Braves and the Phillies or something? As a Rangers fan and a Yankees fan, I just root for my teams to win, and once my teams are eliminated I don't really care what happens after that. Consider trying it that way.

SAR I

The only thing I know is Woody had balls enough realize he is knows nothing. He fired everybody and Terry Bradway is gone. I don't care about the Pats dynasty. My dream offseason has started!

...and that's the proper attitude right there.

A Super Bowl Championship lasts an hour. The confetti is already off the field, the teams are at the airport. It's 2015 and the Jets are undefeated, new coach, new GM, new scouting department, it's a bright new day and we should all be happy.

SAR I

...and that's the proper attitude right there.A Super Bowl Championship lasts an hour. The confetti is already off the field, the teams are at the airport. It's 2015 and the Jets are undefeated, new coach, new GM, new scouting department, it's a bright new day and we should all be happy.SAR I

Yay.

If we weren't in the same division I would agree.

Yeah, I get that of course, but you need to let that go.

Who exactly is there to fear in the AFC in, say, 2 or 3 years when we're rebuilt? Imagine a world where Manning, Brady, and Belichick are gone, Roethlisberger, Flacco, and Rivers are old, who's left? Andrew Luck? Alex Smith?

2014 is over. 2015 might be a great year, the last three times the Jets flipped head coaches and GM's we suprised everyone and made the playoffs each time. Ton of cap room, wide open AFC, be excited.

SAR I

Yeah, I get that of course, but you need to let that go.Who exactly is there to fear in the AFC in, say, 2 or 3 years when we're rebuilt? Imagine a world where Manning, Brady, and Belichick are gone, Roethlisberger, Flacco, and Rivers are old, who's left? Andrew Luck? Alex Smith?2014 is over. 2015 might be a great year, the last three times the Jets flipped head coaches and GM's we suprised everyone and made the playoffs each time. Ton of cap room, wide open AFC, be excited.SAR I

So you see Geno leading the charge?

So you see Geno leading the charge?

No way.

In every scenario where the Jets brought in a new HC (Parcells, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan) success was coupled with the emergence of a new quarterback (Testaverde, Pennington, Favre, Sanchez). Geno is terrible in so many ways, there's not a single redeeming quality worth keeping him for.

SAR I

The Jets need to be motivated for next season to somehow beat the defending champions

All evidence shows Todd Bowles to be a Bill Parcells disciplinarian, so Patriots or no Patriots he's going to whip these lazy Rex Ryan Country Club Coddled and Complimented bastards into shape and cut the dead weight that's been masquarading as a pro defense for the last 5 years.

SAR I

Archived