Expectations for the rest of the season....

Smo0v3mik3

If our wide recievers can get open, and stop dropping passes, we can actually finish and win games, I'm tired of watching games and getting my hopes up for nothing! I don't think geno's at fault for playing bad, we had chances to win every game, from refs making bad calls, to drop passes...

Jets win the division at 9 - 7. It's in vogue to panic around here, but this team has not lost its fight yet. If they can split the next two games, they are very much alive in the worst division in the NFL.

That is the key to me.  Rex may very well be gone, but I don't think he has to be, unless they lose their fight.  If things keep going bad and he keeps them together.  Hopefully that is a little easier than keeping JetNation together.  

My expectations remain low. I stick with my prediction in July, even though it is looking like 1-5 or 1-6 is more likely before geno gets yanked.

geno starts season with 2-5, vick takes over and goes 7-1 but is injured and can't play week 17. geno comes in and stinks up the joint. jets finish 9-7 miss playoffs on a week 17 tiebreaker. leaving us all to wonder "what if" geno pulled earlier. rex saves job by improving one win from 2013. QB of future drafted 2015 and sits behind vick his first year.

JETS finish 7-9 and win division. Go to playoffs, nobody gives them a chance but they become the first 7-9 team to win a Super Bowl. It would be the stuff of folklore. People will talk about it, documentaries will be made about it, whole bunch of new fans would be reeled in to the mystique of this team that everyone said couldn't.

Rex will proclaim that JETS are the #1 football team in New York. Every JETS fan is in sheer ecstasy of unfiltered joy.

Then nothing for the next 45 years. That's how its going to go. :yes:

JETS finish 7-9 and win division. Go to playoffs, nobody gives them a chance but they become the first 7-9 team to win a Super Bowl. It would be the stuff of folklore. People will talk about it, documentaries will be made about it, whole bunch of new fans would be reeled in to the mystique of this team that everyone said couldn't.

Rex will proclaim that JETS are the #1 football team in New York. Every JETS fan is in sheer ecstasy of unfiltered joy.

Then nothing for the next 45 years. That's how its going to go. :yes:

ur my hero!

For the rest of the season?

We're 1-3 now.

We lose the next three (at San Diego,, Denver, at New England) to drop to 1-6.

We beat Buffalo, 2-6.

We then lose to K.C., Pittsburgh, going into the Bye Week at 2-8, Season effectively over.

We come out of the Bye emotional and fired up (Save Rex!) and defeat Buffalo and Miami (4-8).

We then split the last four games two wins (Minny and Tenn) and two losses (Miami and New England).

Jets finish 6-10.

Rex Ryan is fired at seasons end.

Right now, today, that's my expectation, if not worse.

For the rest of the season?

We're 1-3 now.

We lose the next three (at San Diego,, Denver, at New England) to drop to 1-6.

We beat Buffalo, 2-6.

We then lose to K.C., Pittsburgh, going into the Bye Week at 2-8, Season effectively over.

We come out of the Bye emotional and fired up (Save Rex!) and defeat Buffalo and Miami (4-8).

We then split the last four games two wins (Minny and Tenn) and two losses (Miami and New England).

Jets finish 6-10.

Rex Ryan is fired at seasons end.

Right now, today, that's my expectation, if not worse.

Hahahaha, Jets come out of a bye week emotional and fired up, when has that ever happened?

My hope is that we finish the season with a bad enough record to rationalize ousting this entire regime, and to be in a position to draft Mariota.

My expectation is that we win a couple of meaningless games after the bye, which takes us out of contention for drafting a franchise QB, and we take yet another D-Lineman in the first round.

SOJ

I've seen this season before.

The Jets rally and inexplicably win the next 3 against SD, Den and NE to get to 4-3.

The fans go nuts!

Then, we lose 7 games in a row that we are mostly favored.to win.

We close out with 2 impressive, meaningless wins to finish 6-10 and ruin our draft position.

Archived