Glazer reporting Harbaugh is out regardless if the Niners win the Super Bowl - It's Time for Woody to Sign him up! (Merged)

Matt39

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'd be nuts not to run back to Michigan. Bonus: I know a guy who will be available that would do well at the college level running a defense, and who would be a recruiting superstar, too.

After last night it shouldn't be long before Michigan has an opening in 2015.

He'd be nuts not to run back to Michigan. Bonus: I know a guy who will be available that would do well at the college level running a defense, and who would be a recruiting superstar, too. 

Rex would look pretty good as Clemson's defensive coordinator.

This is all well and good but doesn't do much for us because we have nobody in the front office who understands the game of football. We have a trust fund brat,a bean counter, and a shadowy scout with stronger tenure than a minority high school principal in Basking Ridge.

After last night it shouldn't be long before Michigan has an opening in 2015.

Hoke is 100% dead man walking. Wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh already has a bag packed. Dude will own Ann Arbor.

Rex would look pretty good as Clemson's defensive coordinator.

And Seth Ryan would get so many snaps at corner!

Can Idzik too and make Harbaugh GM/HC…it's not like he could do any worse in that role than the incumbent.

Harbaugh drafted AJ Jenkins in the first. This is the problem with hiring the Big Head Coach--you're forced to hand them all the power, and no coach should ever be his own GM. Too many conflicts of interest.

Yeah, if he had a hard time dealing with the Niners, I'm sure he'll be in a huge rush to work for the Michigan alumni.

Harbaugh drafted AJ Jenkins in the first. This is the problem with hiring the Big Head Coach--you're forced to hand them all the power, and no coach should ever be his own GM. Too many conflicts of interest.

Ideally you wouldn't have the coach wear both hats, but if that's the only way you can get him here, then it still beats any alternative scenario. If I were Woody, I'd ask him for a list of demands and cut him a blank check.

You want a winner ?

When this season is over no matter what the outcome get rid of the Idzik / Rex debacle and bring in Jim Harbaugh Let him run your football operations and be the HC. He can choose the GM since he will be calling the shots on draft day anyhow. Make it happen Woody make us a winner pay this man whatever he wants ...

Harbaugh will bring

1. Discipline

2. Real offensive coaching

3. Top Notch talent evaluation

4. Professional attitude this team has not seen since Parcells (had some with Mangini but no one liked his methods)

Make it happen Woody Harbaugh is a winner and he will hold his players and coaches accountable./ We've waited long enough.

remember when Hess brought in Parcells claiming he wanted to see a SB realizing the coaches this team employed through the 80's and 90's were more the problem than the players. With  real coaching this team wins 2 maybe 3 SB's in the 80's easily.

I really, truly think that the perfect, dream setup is Mangini as general manager. The guy's life, literally is studying and editing film. The drop in performance and utter confusion on a path forward all lead back to one place and time- December 28,2008.

Yeah, it's hard to believe that this genius sat on the NFL sidelines for three years before latching on as a consultant with the 49ers. I'm sure he's in high demand at the executive level. He really has a way with people. The Jets could potentially return to greatness with picks like Vernon Gholston and Anthony Schlegel. Sign me up!

I made a thread about Woody hiring Harbaugh and Dumping both Rex and Idzik. At this stage I would rather keep Rex than Idzik hes been terrible

Agree on the latter right now.

I like Harbaugh as a coach. Undeniable talent. My only concern with him is the potential to wear out his welcome in short order.

Couldn't agree more, I've been advocating for this since I heard there was discord in SF.

we need to bombard Woody with letters pushing for Harbaugh. While Harbaugh may want Michigan like some have said Coaching in NY and having full control of an organization is hard to pass up make him the highest paid coach in the NFL

Yeah, it's hard to believe that this genius sat on the NFL sidelines for three years before latching on as a consultant with the 49ers. I'm sure he's in high demand at the executive level. He really has a way with people. The Jets could potentially return to greatness with picks like Vernon Gholston and Anthony Schlegel. Sign me up!

Silly guy. Coaches don't influence draft picks. Everybody knows that.

Agree on the latter right now.

I like Harbaugh as a coach. Undeniable talent. My only concern with him is the potential to wear out his welcome in short order.

yeah but he can wear out his welcome to whom ? The media ? F@ck them. Can't see him wearing out his welcome to the fans if he produces a winner . This is very much like the Jerry Jones Jimmy Johnson Scenario .... Could never understand some of these owners and their Power trips and ego's .

yeah but he can wear out his welcome to whom ? The media ? F@ck them. Can't see him wearing out his welcome to the fans if he produces a winner . This is very much like the Jerry Jones Jimmy Johnson Scenario .... Could never understand some of these owners and their Power trips and ego's .

The players

Gholston is such a straw man that I'm truly disappointed that you'd bring it up. The biggest mistake Mangini made here in personnel was trading away Jonathan Vilma. Mancini's legacy was creating one of the best offensive lines in the NFL in 2009, the best rushing attack in the league, one of the best defenses in the league, trading for the one of the best nose tackles to ever play the game, drafted possibly the best cornerback ever, and laid the foundation for a rookie quarterback who won't even be in the league in two years to take a team to the AFCCG twice.

As a coach, he was less than desirable. He had a philosophy, vision and process and it didn't translate to personal leadership. As an executive, it's the exact quality that this organization is sorely lacking.

He was never offered that opportunity in either Cleveland or San Francisco and it's unfair to compare those experiences to his work here.

Gholston is such a straw man that I'm truly disappointed that you'd bring it up. The biggest mistake Mangini made here in personnel was trading away Jonathan Vilma. Mancini's legacy was creating one of the best offensive lines in the NFL in 2009, the best rushing attack in the league, one of the best defenses in the league, trading for the one of the best nose tackles to ever play the game, drafted possibly the best cornerback ever, and laid the foundation for a rookie quarterback who won't even be in the league in two years to take a team to the AFCCG twice.

As a coach, he was less than desirable. He had a philosophy, vision and process and it didn't translate to personal leadership. As an executive, it's the exact quality that this organization is sorely lacking.

He was never offered that opportunity in either Cleveland or San Francisco and it's unfair to compare those experiences to his work here.

Right on the Money

The players. That tough guy act gets old fast. The only way he, or anyone else, produces a winner is by finding a QB. And frankly, it's not like Kaepernick is some great QB.

So I like the guy, and I could see the slap 'em into shape thing work in the short term. But if he doesn't produce that winner within three years, I'd be surprised if the players didn't start revolting.

Now, if the Jets are willing to part ways with Idzik after just two years, this could be a more attractive landing spot for him than most fans think. New York is a big bright stage. He's got a solid defensive front in place, and a quality pass rush is a big part of the equation. If the Jets suck as much as some think, they'll have a high draft pick. And they're looking at a ridiculous amount of cap room next year, something like $50-60M in cap room. A lot of resources to turn the team around in a hurry.

Michigan is a DEAD zone

look at Rich Rod now

Why would you merge the threads ? My thread was a different take on the situation Crap stop merging topics that have different headings

My thread is about Woody Signing Harbaugh this thread is about Harbaugh leaving San Fran

It's the same conversation. There's no discussion of Harbaugh leaving SF without discussing the potential of him replacing Rex Ryan.

Wow, just wow. So why was this guy completely out of the league for three years, unable to find anything but a consultant job after that. Think about it. You're glorifying the guy, but he's terrible. Like, Rich Kotite terrible (another guy who got credit for some decent drafting). I wouldn't let him anywhere near the organization.

But yeah, I'm sure a lot of tight end coaches make the move to GM, and some lucky team will swoop him up.

Archived