START MATT SIMMS

CobraVerde

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting Vick is an absolute waste of time

Starting Geno is also a waste of time

Both Geno and Vick are the same -- the completions they DO make are after scrambling around cause they couldn't make a decision.

Puting Vick back in today was billsh*t

This franchise sucks. I'm am fed up.

Simms was not spectacular. But he's decisive and confident and I guarantee his brain absorbs more during his preparation.

I apologize in advance for using the following gut feeling but here it goes...

Belichick would have started SIMMS weeks ago and not even blinked. He would have started him cause the other two are dumb, do not prepare like professional QBs, and don't care about football.

I'm ******* done. Woody better clean house. I'm so done. The QB play is an absolute disgrace and whoever is calling the shots has no feel for the game of football.

SERENITY NOW!!!!!

nope.   it looks like they were down 14-0 in 3 minutes today, but lost 24-10.  that isn't a team that gave up, that is a team that was over matched or/and outcoached.  

if they gave up it's 38-0

Going through the motions no urgency even with time running out they hurried up to do nothing before the half they took 0 shots at the end zone call it what you will blame who you want I call it quitting

my google must be broken.  back it up.  simms was never the backup.  do you mean garrard ?

Simms was never the backup? wtf are you talking about? Read my post I said last year...

and you must be as good as using google as you are as anything else...

here you go.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Simms-has-some-real-support-to-play-at-QB-for-Jets-Blog-70575

Starting Vick is an absolute waste of time

Starting Geno is also a waste of time

Both Geno and Vick are the same -- the completions they DO make are after scrambling around cause they couldn't make a decision.

Puting Vick back in today was billsh*t

This franchise sucks. I'm am fed up.

Simms was not spectacular. But he's decisive and confident and I guarantee his brain absorbs more during his preparation.

I apologize in advance for using the following gut feeling but here it goes...

Belichick would have started SIMMS weeks ago and not even blinked. He would have started him cause the other two are dumb, do not prepare like professional QBs, and don't care about football.

I'm ******* done. Woody better clean house. I'm so done. The QB play is an absolute disgrace and whoever is calling the shots has no feel for the game of football.

SERENITY NOW!!!!!

your eyes have been opened

The Jets gave Vick 5 million (i think) for this season... They better play him before they play Phil's son....

And the Patriots paid Drew Bledsoe starter money years ago.  Should they have played him over 6th rounder Tom Brady back in the day?  Hey, they'll lose the locker room if not, right?

you said "most of the players wanted simms"    you scoured the internet and came up with 1 source, and it was Matthew.  LOL

in mattew's blog, he states, with no named sources, that "some" in the organization wanted simms

stop making sh*t up

and simms was never the back up. 

you said "most of the players wanted simms"    you scoured the internet and came up with 1 source, and it was Matthew.  LOL

in mattew's blog, he states, with no named sources, that "some" in the organization wanted simms

stop making sh*t up

and simms was never the back up. 

That was actually in the star ledger and the daily news. I did not go crazy looking for it. You are the one who said you googled it and found nothing not I.

• 3 weeks later...

The only card Ryan had left was the longshot Simms was a player. Like the silverback gorilla that he is, Ryan failed to see this. Simms might suck, but that was the last shot to do anything. It should have been done in September.

Good luck as DC of the Motnreal Allouettes next season, Rex. There is no F___cik' way this guy ever sees an NFL HC job off this disaster. This is Kotite like. A career killer. Rex off the bye-0-6 is it? 

The only card Ryan had left was the longshot Simms was a player. Like the silverback gorilla that he is, Ryan failed to see this. Simms might suck, but that was the last shot to do anything. It should have been done in September.

Good luck as DC of the Motnreal Allouettes next season, Rex. There is no F___cik' way this guy ever sees an NFL HC job off this disaster. This is Kotite like. A career killer. Rex off the bye-0-6 is it? 

The MNF announcer said Rex will get a job right away.  I could see him getting another HC job but it's hardly a slam dunk.

The MNF announcer said Rex will get a job right away.  I could see him getting another HC job but it's hardly a slam dunk.

What franchise off 6 years of awful offense exactly at the time scoring exploded is gonna sign up for that? What fan base is gonna be okay with that? This is nonsense. This is Kotite/Handley type suckitude. May be someone takes a shot as Dc. He will never be a HC again. 

What do have that tells you that he is awful considering you havent seen him start?

Amen

DogMurderer and 3 picks in 5 throws have proven they both SUCK

GIVE MATT A REAL SHOT ..sadly it won't happen with Dumb the GM and Dumber the HC making the call

Based on?

Based on the fact that the powers that be are such incredible talent evaluators that they knew...the just knew....that Geno was an intelligent young talent that he was a steal...an absolute steal...at the top of the second round.

These incredible talent evaluators are such incredible talent evaluators that they signed a 50% career completion percentage has-been to back up the Mensa candidate they drafted.

If these genius evaluators of QB talent say that Matt Simms isn't better than the two guys they SAY are better...you better take their word for it!!

Will Matt Simms Get At Least One Start For the New York Jets in 2014?

by Joe Pietaro 

5h ago

http://empirewritesback.com/2014/11/26/will-matt-simms-get-least-one-start-new-york-jets-2014/

The quarterback situation couldn’t get any worse for the New York Jets. They have given the starting job back to an inconsistent second-year player after the veteran was just as ineffective. With a mere five games remaining, wouldn’t it be an ideal situation to see if the other signal caller on the active roster can play in the NFL or not? With nothing to lose, Matt Simms should at least get thrown to the wolves for a game or two.

Both Geno Smith and Michael Vick have have had ample opportunities to show their wares in this league. The former has taken major steps back since his rookie campaign and the latter is 36 and not in the plans moving forward, anyway.

So what harm would it do to have Simms at least be designated the number twoquarterback on the depth chart from now until the end of the season and if Smith’s struggles continue, give him a legitimate shot?

He is the second son of the former New York Giants great to follow in their father’s footsteps and play quarterback at the highest level.Phil Simms won two Super Bowl rings in this town (although he was out injured for the second championship) and it would be a good public relations move and popular with the fan base, as well.

The former Tennessee Volunteer has shined in the preseason, but that was mostly against second and third string defenses. Simms has had very limited action otherwise, playing parts of three games in 2013 and one this season.

As Smith’s primary backup a year ago, Simms was relegated to the bench for the most part as the rookie second round draft choice started all 16 games. But the organization wanted to bring in a veteran to not only push Smith harder, but help his growth by bringing more peer experience to the table.

So far this season, Simms has been on the practice squad and active for the Week 9 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. When Vick was shaken up, he was summoned and went 3-for-8 for 39 yards. Once medical personnel cleared Vick, he returned to the huddle.

Questions that need to be answered heading into what will be a long offseason full of changes certainly include the quarterback position – starter and backup. Why not have some further information to help make that all-important decision?

Matt Simms Should Start at Quarterback for New York Jets

By Greg Suliksocial-header-tw_360-2.png @GregSulik 

on November 26, 2014

Here we go again. Just three games after benching Geno Smith for ineffectiveness, the New York Jets have benched Michael Vick for the same problem and turned back to Smith.

Assuming he doesn’t completely implode (which is always a possibility), Smith will start for the remainder of the season. Vick did a decent job of playing turnover free football for a couple weeks, but he never brought any spark to the Jets’ pathetic passing attack.

Of course, we have plenty of evidence that Smith isn’t going to make things any better. The Jets are going to be looking for a new starter in the offseason, meaning the former goal of developing Smith doesn’t really apply anymore. For that reason, Matt Simmsshould start the final five games of the season for the Jets.

When asked about that very scenario on a New York radio show, Ryan laughed and said “No”.

Well why not? We know what Smith is, and that’s a turnover prone, inaccurate quarterback who is most likely going to be a career backup. As far as Vick goes, I understand that Ryan and many of the Jets’ players live in a fantasy world where he’s still good, but the fact that he is no longer effective at this stage of his career is painfully obvious.

So why not give Simms a chance? He is not a starting-caliber talent, but that doesn’t matter because neither are Smith and Vick. The Jets want to give Smith one last chance, but it doesn’t serve any purpose. Even keeping him as a backup long term presents an awkward situation that could end up causing unwanted turmoil at the position in the future. Simms, on the other hand, could be developed into a capable backup quarterback.

Simms has appeared in parts of four games in his career, completing 48.7% of his passes for 195 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Obviously that won’t impress anyone, but it’s not like it’s much worse than what Smith and Vick have done this season. Given a real chance to start, Simms might gain some valuable experience, making him a legitimate long-term backup option for the Jets. At the very least, the Jets would be able to see what they have in Simms.

Another issue here is how starting Smith will go over in the locker room, where it is likely to be a very unpopular move. The players prefer Vick to all the other options, but giving Simms a chance could at least get the team to rally around the young guy and play hard for him.

Starting Vick is completely pointless, because the season is lost and he isn’t effective. Starting Smith is mostly pointless, because even if he looks good, the Jets are still going to be looking for a new starter at the position in the offseason. Given that, there isn’t really a reason not to give Simms a shot.

It probably won’t amount to anything, but at this point in the season, it’s worth finding out.

Greg Sulik is a New York Jets writer for Rant Sports. Follow him on Twitter @GregSulik or add him to your network on Google

Will Matt Simms Get At Least One Start For the New York Jets in 2014?

by Joe Pietaro 

5h ago

http://empirewritesback.com/2014/11/26/will-matt-simms-get-least-one-start-new-york-jets-2014/

The quarterback situation couldn’t get any worse for the New York Jets. They have given the starting job back to an inconsistent second-year player after the veteran was just as ineffective. With a mere five games remaining, wouldn’t it be an ideal situation to see if the other signal caller on the active roster can play in the NFL or not? With nothing to lose, Matt Simms should at least get thrown to the wolves for a game or two.

joe wrote this beauty 5 hours after the simms post, which basically poops on his own post

http://empirewritesback.com/2014/11/26/3-reasons-going-back-geno-smith-right-move-new-york-jets/

and "rant sports" isn't even worth reading

I'm not gonna debate SIMMS abilities with you, Larz, I just want to say SIMMS should be starting because the other two don't give a sh*t.

Vick and Geno starting is a slap in the face to anyone who loves the game of football. It's a disgrace, and it has nothing to do with the abilities of the third string QB.

Archived