Ask and you shall receive (sign up now)

Leelou

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just have Crusher make a post in the football forum. "looking for a distraction, come play mafia"

This is a really good idea actually. Get some new blood in here.

******* dm makes no sense to me. People are purposely breaking the rules by cursing and attacking people but I'm the bad guy because I have a rep for trolling? **** that place

You know I...no nevermind.

I'm not even going to touch this or I'll end up writing a rant so long it'll overload the ******* servers.

I'm just going to agree and drop it there.

If you want to get in their good graces, make sure you don't call out their posters for copying setups, even if it happens to be a blatant plagiarism of DPR within a couple of weeks of running it. They don't take that criticism well.

Or, it may have been the handle I was using. Probably the handle.

Wait...what? What is this all about?

I would have agreed with you a year ago, but the level of play on DM has increased recently.

To be fair I think that has a LOT to do with new players coming from other places.

Yates, Tommy, Cory, Pralaya, etc have all had a really big impact on DM mafia.

I also think a lot of newish players have finally stepped up within the past 6 months.

Andrej, Tglems, Mish, and Rand have all really impressed me recently among others.

And that's of course added to the fact that some great minds have come out of hiding at least for a time. DPR, Mynd, Red, Wombat, Key, and maybe a couple others have all been MIA at least for a time and then they resurfaces either to play or mod.

That all kind of adds up and as critical as I am of DM and DM mafia I will say that I think it's on the rise again after a long slump.

Wait...what? What is this all about?

Maybe around July I was lurking on a boring weekend in upstate NY and in a game I noticed that someone was basically trying to pass off DPR'S summer setup as something they were looking to run as as original game, and was starting to get a lot of prais . It really incensed me because it was a great, carefully created setup. I logged in and said it a few times under a fictitious name (which in retrospect was wrong, regardless .

I won't mention who said it, because I can't remember exactly although I feel like it was one of a handful of guys you listed here. No need to drag it back up.

That all kind of adds up and as critical as I am of DM and DM mafia I will say that I think it's on the rise again after a long slump.

Don't disagree- tbh

Maybe around July I was lurking on a boring weekend in upstate NY and in a game I noticed that someone was basically trying to pass off DPR'S summer setup as something they were looking to run as as original game, and was starting to get a lot of prais . It really incensed me because it was a great, carefully created setup. I logged in and said it a few times under a fictitious name (which in retrospect was wrong, regardless .

I won't mention who said it, because I can't remember exactly although I feel like it was one of a handful of guys you listed here. No need to drag it back up.

If something jogs your memory send me a PM. I'd really like to know.

I don't know who or what he is talking about, but I can't tell you how many times I have had an idea and a game half written, and along comes DPR with the same concept. I've just trashed mine, because nobody, and especially me, can compete with DPR. He is the master. Just sayin' that could be what's going on here. 

I don't know who or what he is talking about, but I can't tell you how many times I have had an idea and a game half written, and along comes DPR with the same concept. I've just trashed mine, because nobody, and especially me, can compete with DPR. He is the master. Just sayin' that could be what's going on here. 

I've borrowed some concepts from DPR before. Remember the Vampire game where you could buy roles?

That's where I got my inspiration for how I did my Dodgeball game and I actually PM'd DPR and worked out the balance for it with him but the original concept was definitely his.

I also adapted my "locations" theme for my Kingdom Hearts games from your Mall Madness games Lily.

It doesn't work entirely the same way but that's where I got the original idea and I don't mind saying so.

A good idea is a good idea and I would hope that everyone is willing to share those.

So maybe that's what happened.

Now if it's an exact copy of one of his setups with a different theme taped over it that's a different case and I don't know how I feel about that.

Here's a "Master List" of people from some of our more popular games the last couple years (not including those who already signed up for this game).  Sorry if I forgot anyone.  If we can get a handful of these to return that would be awesome.

slats

Vic

Ape

BG

SMC

JVOR

Dan

Pac

Hess

Wombat

Verbal

JC

CTM

JiF

Ishy

Song

AVM

Sharrow

DPR

T0mShane

Klecko

Nolder

Arsis

Rand

screw you and your stupid list

I am In

Then I will Quit

80 still sucks

Jesus... you even put f@cking Klecko on the list whats next man ??? WTF is next

If only I could transfer my viewpoint of the guitar/harmonica "battle" between Luther Dickinson and John Popper a few rows from the stage, during a cover of "Can't Ya See". Outstanding.

I didn't even realize that John Popper was still alive. I thought he overdose . That would have been fun to watch though. You didn't get video?

Archived