Rex Ryan admits he's coaching for his job.

joewilly12

Rex Ryan admits he's coaching for his job.

"If we don't get this thing on the right track, I don't think for minute I'll be here (in 2015)," Ryan said in a Tuesday radio interview. Ryan is just admitting the obvious, but admitting the obvious is something NFL coaches rarely do. The odds are probably less than 50-50 that Ryan is back with Gang Green next season.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point I'd rather go 1-15 than go 8-8 and keep rex. I'm pretty sick of him talking about his job today too. I was reading my tweets today and there were like 8 straight rex quotes from Cimini about how he thinks he's getting fired at this rate. 

Better we have a shot and Mariota than win 2 or 3 more pointless games to put lipstick on this pig. Sadly the Jets' week 1  win vs. the Raiders could still screw that up. Of course.

He'd make a lot more money on TV.

But I agree, he ends up taking a DC job hoping that it leads to another HC job.

Not sure what owner will buy in nor fan base on a coach who ignored his offense for 6 years. How long do you go against your industry's trend to passing offense and fail before you're no longer credible?

This reminds me of when Kotite told the media we have to get back on track. and the media said to him ''Rich, you were never on track''

Maybe we can get Bubby Brister back. and have richardson gain 25lbs during the bye eating cheeseburgers like Hugh Douglas did.

Better we have a shot and Mariota than win 2 or 3 more pointless games to put lipstick on this pig. Sadly the Jets' week 1  win vs. the Raiders could still screw that up. Of course.

Someone said this in an earlier thread and I agree almost 100% I wouldn't care if we traded future picks to get him. We need that guy on our team. A tall Russell Wilson. 

Didnt Rex call the Raiders a great team after week one? lol

His Nobody wants to play us looks pretty bad right now.

I was talking about this with my friends - non Jets fans.  Do you honestly think the Broncos and Pats are looking forward to playing the Jets?  They may be counting the Ws, but those two statues better rack up the points quick and get the backups in because if they hit them like they hit Rivers seasons could be ruined quite easily.

Good.  He'll go on to coach some bottom feeder's defense and all the softies on his vaunted D will gradually jump ship to him.  The guys with the best "feet" will continue to get the playing time.  

I'm sure Michelle is scouting the foot fetish section of craigslist in Jacksonville as we discuss.

I could see him being successful as a college HC. I think he'd be real good at recruiting.

I didn't even think of that. Rex would be an awesome college coach.

Can you imagine him walking in your living living room if you were a high school senior? I would sign up even he was the coach of Ball State!

I didn't even think of that. Rex would be an awesome college coach.

Can you imagine him walking in your living living room if you were a high school senior? I would sign up even he was the coach of Ball State!

If the recruit was from the West Coast, would Rex schedule the meeting in EST?

Archived