Rex Ryan admits he's coaching for his job.

joewilly12

He'd make a lot more money on TV.

But I agree, he ends up taking a DC job hoping that it leads to another HC job.

He might land a HC job with those 2 AFCC games on his resume.

Oakland, Jax or maybe even Cinci with their roster. Marv Lewis loses another post season game they might finally pull the plug.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking about this with my friends - non Jets fans.  Do you honestly think the Broncos and Pats are looking forward to playing the Jets?  They may be counting the Ws, but those two statues better rack up the points quick and get the backups in because if they hit them like they hit Rivers seasons could be ruined quite easily.

The team has just about quit on Rex and Manning gets the ball out so fast.

Beating NE is the Jets best chance.

I was talking about this with my friends - non Jets fans.  Do you honestly think the Broncos and Pats are looking forward to playing the Jets?  They may be counting the Ws, but those two statues better rack up the points quick and get the backups in because if they hit them like they hit Rivers seasons could be ruined quite easily.

These 2 teams are led on the field and on the sideline by pros who know the Jets are a mess who still could with some emotion give them a game. Which means they're gonna try to score a lot early to not make it a game at all. And fully expect Bellicheat and Brady's total hatred for the Jets mean there will be no letdown, and so far road Thursday teams are mostly getting crushed anyway.

The team has just about quit on Rex

Then if Idzik has any balls, he cuts just about everyone but the defensive line over the off season. No matter whose coaching, professionals should play at their best level. I heard that Wilkerson was the only one on the sidelines trying to get everyone going in San Diego. This happens every year on Rex teams that aren't good- the crappy players quit. Disgraceful

These 2 teams are led on the field and on the sideline by pros who know the Jets are a mess who still could with some emotion give them a game. Which means they're gonna try to score a lot early to not make it a game at all. And fully expect Bellicheat and Brady's total hatred for the Jets mean there will be no letdown, and so far road Thursday teams are mostly getting crushed anyway.

These Thursday night games got to go.

Road teams are at a huge disadvantage. Monday is an off day, Tuesday is a very long practice putting in the game plan and Wednesday is a travel day with a one hour walk through practice.

The team has just about quit on Rex and Manning gets the ball out so fast.

Beating NE is the Jets best chance.

Did you two read what I wrote?  I am not saying I think the Jets will win.  They could, any given Sunday and all that... but my point was they are blasting QBs and Manning and Brady cannot move like Cutler and RIvers.  They haven't quit on Rex at all. Watch the games, people are getting carted off all day against the Jets.  They are big, nasty and hit.  They may be one of the least likely teams to beat you, but they are one of the most likely to beat you up.  

Did you two read what I wrote?  I am not saying I think the Jets will win.  They could, any given Sunday and all that... but my point was they are blasting QBs and Manning and Brady cannot move like Cutler and RIvers.  They haven't quit on Rex at all. Watch the games, people are getting carted off all day against the Jets.  They are big, nasty and hit.  They may be one of the least likely teams to beat you, but they are one of the most likely to beat you up.  

jets cannot win this sunday. 

They haven't quit on Rex at all. 

When a player comes out and says they don't "practice properly" and they don't "study film" properly, from a football perspective, that is quitting on the coach, the team and your teammates.

No other way you phrase it.

Or, they are not being held accountable.

When a player comes out and says they don't "practice properly" and they don't "study film" properly, from a football perspective, that is quitting on the coach, the team and your teammates.

No other way you phrase it.

Or, they are not being held accountable.

Oh dear God.  Fine.  Whatever, but they were still carting Chargers off in the 4th quarter.  Did you ever watch a Van Gundy press conference when he was with the Knicks?  Starks could shoot 1-25 and he would say "We just didn't put forth the effort on the defensive end that we need to"  Davis was calling out other players and not naming names, putting himself first because that is what a leader does.  I don't really give a flaming **** if they can win or if they quit.  I don't care what any of you say, Belichik and Fox are not looking forward to facing that pass rush.   

Oh dear God.  Fine.  Whatever, but they were still carting Chargers off in the 4th quarter.  Did you ever watch a Van Gundy press conference when he was with the Knicks?  Starks could shoot 1-25 and he would say "We just didn't put forth the effort on the defensive end that we need to"  Davis was calling out other players and not naming names, putting himself first because that is what a leader does.  I don't really give a flaming **** if they can win or if they quit.  I don't care what any of you say, Belichik and Fox are not looking forward to facing that pass rush.   

New York Jets-Champions of creating rolled ankles. Yea!

Can't wait for Rex to spout it as a defensive stat.

We had Rivers quaking in his boots.

Oh dear God. Fine. Whatever, but they were still carting Chargers off in the 4th quarter. Did you ever watch a Van Gundy press conference when he was with the Knicks? Starks could shoot 1-25 and he would say "We just didn't put forth the effort on the defensive end that we need to" Davis was calling out other players and not naming names, putting himself first because that is what a leader does. I don't really give a flaming **** if they can win or if they quit. I don't care what any of you say, Belichik and Fox are not looking forward to facing that pass rush.

I get your point. what people here refuse to acknowledge is that the Jets can be terrible and still do SOME stuff.

oh, and Pssst-If you want to frustrate the Jets defense, 3 step drop and slant or curl. Works a good majority of the time.

Then, later, have that slant convert to a go, and it is easy yards.

Worked for years on this defense.

I could see him being successful as a college HC. I think he'd be real good at recruiting.

I didn't even think of that. Rex would be an awesome college coach.

Can you imagine him walking in your living living room if you were a high school senior? I would sign up even he was the coach of Ball State!

lol those kids would walk all over him. he would be a great recruiter with the brochure showing the cotton candy machine in the locker room, no curfews, jello shot Wednesdays, "flex time" meetings, and free videography for on campus sex tapes. 

Rex in college would result in NCAA death sentence within 5 years.

but my point was they are blasting QBs and Manning and Brady cannot move like Cutler and RIvers.

Totally moot point.

No two QB's get the ball out faster than Manning and Brady.

Against the Bengals, Pats gave up only 1 sack and 2 hurries.

Finally, with the Pats vaunted deep passing threat, do you really see Brady taking 5 and 7-step drops?

was on of em. jets are exempt from "any given sunday" rule.

it really wasn't. it was that even though the Jets aren't good, they can still crush some guys. and no, they're not. they probably won't win, but it isn't impossible.

it really wasn't. it was that even though the Jets aren't good, they can still crush some guys. and no, they're not. they probably won't win, but it isn't impossible.

lol and i am saying no, they cannot crush denver. it is impossible. i am directly speaking to the point made.

For years, the Oakland Raiders lived off a reputation of "crushing people"………. and still losing.

If I wanted to see people get hurt (supposedly), I would watch pro wrestling. 

Seeing a team that apparently has no discipline, or can not learn from prior mistakes is like hitting your head against the wall. It only feels good after you stop doing it. 

lol and i am saying no, they cannot crush denver. it is impossible. i am directly speaking to the point made.

you seriously can't distinguish between sheldon richardson and mo wilkerson hitting peyton manning and "crushing" denver on the scoreboard?

For years, the Oakland Raiders lived off a reputation of "crushing people"………. and still losing.

Seeing a team that apparently has no discipline, or can not learn from prior mistakes is like hitting your head against the wall. It only feels good after you stop doing it.

the point is that the Jets still do some things well even though they aren't winning. is it better than winning? no. but it's somewhere to start building next year and something to enjoy while watching what appears to be a miserable year.

I know you are a self-proclaimed jerk, but you're just being a dick for being a dick's sake.  I didn't say I wanted to see it.  I said that if I were coaching a team with a QB that can't move I would not look forward to playing the Jets.  Yes they will have success and use short drops, but the Jets will be hitting the QB.  They were crushing Rivers.  

I know you are a self-proclaimed jerk, but you're just being a dick for being a dick's sake.  I didn't say I wanted to see it.  I said that if I were coaching a team with a QB that can't move I would not look forward to playing the Jets.  Yes they will have success and use short drops, but the Jets will be hitting the QB.  They were crushing Rivers.  

The Chargers kept Rivers in until 9:05 of a blow out game. On Rivers' last play, he went deep.

Rivers was 20-28 in the game.

Neither the Chargers, nor Rivers seemed overly concerned by a Jet pass rush.

Yes they are. You can't possibley believe any team is worried about the Jets right now? Have you not seen how easily teams have adjusted to Rex's blitz packages? It's like you still believe the Jets are these big bad bullies that everyone fears, it's comical. I've got news for you, every team in the League has big guys that like to hit the QB, so what, what's that done for the Jets this season?  Not to mention the Jets are weak against TE match ups and last time I checked both Denver and New England have TE's.

New York Jets-Champions of creating rolled ankles. Yea!

Can't wait for Rex to spout it as a defensive stat.

We had Rivers quaking in his boots.

We're number what ever against the run! YEAAHHHHHH!

This team is not practicing properly as per arguably their best defender.

And the coach or GM has decided to keep starting a guy who is not ever going to be an NFL QB. And a QB who doesn;t take his job seriously enough to show up for meetings.

Also is there any other NFL team that has their young QB(or any QB really) stand alone on the sidelines talking to nobody between series? Most (all?) talk to coaches, look at the ipad or photos, talk to the box on the phone. Geno stands there with his mouth agape looking clueless.

No offense, but you are all acting like idiots.  I never said we should be proud of it.  Teams have adjusted easily to Ryan's blitz packages?  Then why are they at the top of the league in sacks and QB hits?  They were blown out last week and trailing most of the past 3, yet QBs are still getting hit.  Great adjustment.

You can all go back to patting yourselves on the back for saying Wrecks Ryan and Idziot or Izdik, whatever you geniuses think is funny. 

you seriously can't distinguish between sheldon richardson and mo wilkerson hitting peyton manning and "crushing" denver on the scoreboard?

ooohhhh ok, so you guys are saying jets players can hurt other players still. nevermind then i guess this season isn't lost after all!

ooohhhh ok, so you guys are saying jets players can hurt other players still. nevermind then i guess this season isn't lost after all!

so sacking the QB doesn't matter now? you know, this thing you do where you're a completely irrational boob is tiring for the rest of us.

No offense, but you are all acting like idiots.  I never said we should be proud of it.  Teams have adjusted easily to Ryan's blitz packages?  Then why are they at the top of the league in sacks and QB hits?  They were blown out last week and trailing most of the past 3, yet QBs are still getting hit.  Great adjustment.

This is like Rex talking about being a top 10 defense because of "yards allowed".

The goals, as my fandom is concerned, is 

-Looking representative in terms of game planning and having an ability to adjust what another team is doing in game

-Discipline and "smart" play

-Resulting in better play on the field and hopefully "w's

This team looks as incapable in those areas as the Rich Kotite Jets.

so sacking the QB doesn't matter now? you know, this thing you do where you're a completely irrational boob is tiring for the rest of us.

lol but we hurted some o' der guys! lead the league in bringin out the cart! boom! boyitellya!

This is like Rex talking about being a top 10 defense because of "yards allowed".

The goals, as my fandom is concerned, is 

-Looking representative in terms of game planning and having an ability to adjust what another team is doing in game

-Discipline and "smart" play

-Resulting in better play on the field and hopefully "w's

This team looks as incapable in those areas as the Rich Kotite Jets.

another reason rex D always does good on "yards allowed" is because the other team only has to go 20-30 yards to score after a horrendous turnover by dumbo smith. and once you're in FG range against a team that can't score, why take any chances?

lol but we hurted some o' der guys! lead the league in bringin out the cart! boom! boyitellya!

like I said, you being a completely irrational boob who purposefully misses the point is tiring for the rest of us.

SD sure knew they had their hands full last week. That is one group that is glad they don't have to play the Jets again.

peyton manning hasn't slept a wink worrying about calvin pace

like I said, you being a completely irrational boob who purposefully misses the point is tiring for the rest of us.

but. you. just. can't. stop. responding.

you love me soooooo much

Archived