Newbies - tailgating in Lot G

Hey all,

Four of us from the Ottawa area are heading to the game this Sunday, got a tailgating pass for Lot G. First timers to a Jets game, can't friggin' wait to get there. Got a couple questions:

1. What time should we be there?

2. Anyone else in or near this lot willing to exchange beers and NFL footy talk for our Canadian beers and rants about how the CFL sucks?

3. What is the one thing we must absolutely eat at the game?

4. When the game is over, can we continue to tailgate and drink?

5. Any other things we should be aware of?

Looking forward to the game and atmosphere. Been to Miami and Atlanta games, but the crowds were lame. I have a feeling you Jets fans are gonna make this trip memorable.

You can get in the lots 5 hours before gametime. Yes you can continue to tailgate after the game. What color parking pass you have that determines where you can park and tailgate. Do not pay ridiculous price inside - if you can bring food at your own tailgate

Hey all,

Four of us from the Ottawa area are heading to the game this Sunday, got a tailgating pass for Lot G. First timers to a Jets game, can't friggin' wait to get there. Got a couple questions:

1. What time should we be there?

2. Anyone else in or near this lot willing to exchange beers and NFL footy talk for our Canadian beers and rants about how the CFL sucks?

3. What is the one thing we must absolutely eat at the game?

4. When the game is over, can we continue to tailgate and drink?

5. Any other things we should be aware of?

Looking forward to the game and atmosphere. Been to Miami and Atlanta games, but the crowds were lame. I have a feeling you Jets fans are gonna make this trip memorable.

1. You can enter the gates to the parking lot at 8 a.m.

2. I don't know the lot, but I am sure that you will have friendly neighbors. 

3. Eat whatever you would like. That's what is fun about it. At one of our recent tailgates not only did we have the regular hotdogs, hamburger and wings, but we also has penne vodka, paella, skirt and flank steaks. 

4. Yes you can continue and I would reccomend it, trying to get out of the lot after a game can be a nightmare. 

5. The biggest thing is what lot you are in. You should be looking for a color on your parking pass, not a letter. I believe all printed parking passes are "G" as in general. After that it should say Orange, Yellow, or Green.  Here is a link to the parking map. You can park in any lot that corresponds to  your color. 

Have fun. Any other questions, just ask. 

Archived